What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 9 Questions For Bloom (1 Viewer)

As a Zeke owner, should I consider trading Zeke, Gurley and Crabtree for Julio and Fournette? 12-team, standard. I'm 6-2, in first place and the top scorer in the league.

My team -- QB: Tyrod Taylor RB: Todd Gurley, Ezekiel Elliott, Doug Martin, Latavius Murray, Darren McFadden, Rod Smith (just in case) WR: Michael Crabtree, TY Hilton, Martavis Bryant, Sterling Shepard, Josh Doctson TE: Vernon Davis, Kyle Rudolph

4 pts per TD pass. Pick one QB:

* J. Goff @NYG -- J. Jenkins out. Has performed well in plus matchups, not well in bad matchups. Week to prepare with bye, but travelling east for 1pm game.

or

* M. Ryan @CAR -- We know the story with Ryan and the ATL offense this year. That said, he knows CAR D. Has put up numbers on them in the past.

Which?

Thanks

Good afternoon!

Lions or Texans DEF this week?

Need to pick a RB to pair with Ingram & also pick a flex.  PPR.

Options are L. Miller, Ajayi, D. Murray & A. Collins. For flex, I can pick one the RBs left or Richardson or Kupp.

TIA!

Last edited by a moderator:
PPR league. Need one for flex.

* A. Abdullah  @GB -- Good matchup, but Riddick and Washington in the mix. Was a squeaky wheel this week wanting the ball more.

* D. Parker vs OAK -- Good matchup. Could be high scoring game. MIA may not have much of a running game. Does Gase just air it out? But is Parker healthy?

Who would you consider of these two as the "floor" vs. "ceiling" play? Since Parker plays in the Sunday night game and A. Abdullah in the Monday night game I could wait until the 1s and 4s are finished. If I'm up, I can go "floor" and if I'm down I'll go "ceiling."

Make sense?

Which would you go in each scenario?

Thanks

In a bye week bind and down to my last FAAB dollar. I am also probably a heavy underdog with Bell and Gronk on bye anyway.

Is it worth trading Jeffery and Hunter Henry for Fitzgerald, a DB off the wire (Sorensen, Mathieu, Tartt, etc), and a TE (Doyle/Vernon Davis)? I'd like to keep Henry as Gronk insurance given his upside. Other WRs are Dez, Cooper, Parker, Davis, and Martavis (sadly).

My week 9 starters are: Dak, T. Coleman, Abdullah, Dez, Cooper, D. Parker, TE - bye , LB - Burfict, DL - JPP, DB - bye (Bell, Gronk, McKinnon, and some others on bye). 

Opponent: Brees, Gurley, Freeman, J. Nelson, M. Jones, J. Cook, LB - Lee, DL - Mack, DB - Burnett

PPR League. RBs also get 1 pt per 4 rushing attempts.

* A. Abdullah @GB -- Good matchup but usage by Caldwell is awful. Could this be a breakout game?

* A. Collins @TN -- Harbaugh pretty much indicated he deserves more touches. Impressive last week albeit against MIA. Middling matchup against TN run D.

Which?

Thanks

Mr Bloom,

Need 2 WR and 1 FLX

T Hill @ DAL

J Nelson vs DET

C Davis vs BAL

E Sanders @ PHI

F Gore @ HOU

Thanks Sir 

Sir Sigmund, 

Am I crazy to think Booker could be a better play than Tevin Coleman in ppr this week?

what a week, my decimated team needs some help.

Standard League

Need 2 from Devante Adams, Parker, Tate. corey davis

Thanks!

Hey Sig,

Ppr league need a flex play for this week. Russ is my qb btw.

After reading your sleeper article for the week, I am high on Richardson for this week due to is big play ability and finally getting to see his potential when he came out of college.Watkins intrigues me due to the issues in the giants secondary but I have been burned by Watkins one to many time to trust him. 

With that said would you use for the flex spot.

paul Richardson,Sammy watkins, marqise lee, tyler lockett, ryan grant or Robert woods.

Thank you

Doug Martin question.

In your "tiers" article this week Doug Martin is listed in the "flex appeal" section and in comparison to other expert projections, you are significantly more down on Martin vs. others.

I'm a bit surprised. The matchup is there and Martin still has been getting touches in the previous week's bad matchups with bad game scripts.

What's the rationale here?

Hi Mr Bloom

PPR start 2 or 3 RB and 3 or 4 WR

RB Peterson, Miller, Jones, Collins

WR Evans, Dez, Tate, Demaryius

Thanks

Hi Sig, Thanks in advance,

.5 PPR. I need to choose 3 of the following 6:

Demaryius Thomas at PHI (I know he's been ok with Brock at QB in the past, but I'm nervous)

DeMarco Murray vs BAL

Davante Adams vs DET

Ameer Abdullah at GB

Cooper Kupp at NYG

Tyler Lockett vs WAS

A VERY ugly week for me with so many players on bye. Full PPR. I am already losing due to his big Forte week so I'm leaning towards picking based on ceiling. 

TE:   Dickson or Darby?

FLEX:   Buck Allen, A. Ellington, or D. Henry at Flex?

Have to start 3 of the following at WR:   Corey Davis, Josh Doctson, Marquis Goodwin, Dede Westbrook?

Thanks!

Buck Allen still going to be relevant with Woodhead coming back?  Full PPR.  Wondering if I should drop him for a stash candidate like Rod Smith or Devontae Booker?  Thanks for your help!

Start two in .5 ppr

Funchess vs ATL

CMC vs ATL

Richardson vs WAS

Lost Watson, need a QB: Brissett, Cutler, Savage, Stanton, Bortles, Brock?

Who's the better RB stash behind Gordon, Mixon and Martin? Burkhead, R. Smith, D. Woodhead, M. Brown, D. Williams? PPR

Also need a TE in PPR this week - Hooper, Higbee, Griffin, Ebron, Derby?

Standard scoring need 2 from the following:

Alex Collins @ Titans 

Doug Baldwin vs Redskins

Will Fuller vs Colts

Thanks!

I'm in desperation mode. All my receivers are on bye. Ajayi got traded and I had to cut Lynch.

Pick 2;

Collins vs BAL

Darkwa vs LAR

Ajayi vs DEN

Drake vs OAK

Williams vs OAK

Pick 3;

C.Davis vs BAL

J.Doctson vs SEA

M.Goodwin vs ARI

A.Robinson vs ARI

D.Westbrook vs CIN

K.Stills vs OAK

R.Shepard vs ATL

C.Samuel vs ATL

D.Robinson vs DAL

Thanks in advance

Hey Sig!

1 PPR Redraft

RB 1&2: Ingram, Kamara

WR 1&2: Julio, Dez

TE: Kelce

WDIS @ Flex? (Pick 1): S. Shepard (WR-NYG); P Richardson (WR-SEA); Corey Davis (WR-TEN); J Mixon (RB-CIN); V Davis (TE-WAS)

Also (RB5): Should I trade Marlon Mack for Devantae Booker?

Thank you!!

Thanks in advance Bloom!

PPR ROS- who you got between Ryan Grant, Demarcus Robinson, Goodwin, McBride or Humphries? Deep dynasty, just needing some depth for the stretch run. 

Standard League, projected to win

Flex: Alex Collins or D. Parker? 

worth dropping E. Sanders for prospect of DeDe Westbrook? I have Baldwin, K Allen, D Parker as my other WR's 

Thanks Bloom 

Hey Sig,

Which one sits out of these 4 : Alex Collins, Jordy Nelson, Amari Cooper, Paul Richardson ( I have Wilson at QB)

Thanks as always!

Bloom, 1/2 PT PPR; pick 2

DParker vs. Raiders
E Sanders vs. Philly

E Engram vs. Rams

P. Richardson vs. Redskins

Thanks!

I've had E Sanders on my IR.

Current Roster:

QB:  Wilson
RBs:  Gordon, A Jones, A Peterson, D Lewis, D Henry
WRs/TEs:  Kelce, Engram, Hogan, E Sanders, D Parker, P Richardson

To bring him back I need to cut ONE of the following since we are short roster (13 man) league:

D. Parker
E. Engram (TEs are like WRs in our league)
D. Lewis
P. Richardson

Who should I cut or should I just cut Sanders?

Thanks!!

Dr. Bloom, 

Please rank the below flex options for week 9 (standard):

A. Collins

Mixon

Funchess

Hilton

C. Davis

Also, I lost Watson.  Can you please rank the below QB's for ROS?

Goff

Brissett

McCown

Roethlisberger

Cam

Ryan

Carr

Bridgewater

Thanks in advance.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hey Bloom, flex spot PPR , D. Henry or Abdullah or Dede Westbrook if Lee is out ?

Bonus points for long TDS , thanks 

Hi Sig, 

Standard scoring, 5 point bonus for 100 yards.

With Watson done, do I still roll out Hopkins? Need two starters plus a TE (3 players) and can use two TEs out of the following:

Hopkins

Graham

Evan Engram

Mixon (this guy kills me week after week)

Collins

Jeffrey (can't imagine this week)

Thanks Again!

Thanks Sig,

FFPC scoring:

Need 2 of the following:

J.Mixon @ Jax

T.Coleman @Car

D.Jackson @ N.O.

R.Woods @ NYG

A.Ellington @ SF

And 2 of the following:

T.Montgomery vs Det

G.Bernard @ Jax

E.Decker vs Balt

Which streamer wide receiver home run gamble do you like for this one week? Ryan Grant, DeMarcus Robinson, Willie Snead or Curtis Samuel?  Or with the news that Fournette is out, is Ivory a better flex than all 4 of those options? Full PPR.

Thank you in advance

12 team redraft, Start qb, 2rb, 2wr, flex, te, 0.5ppr, 4pt passing td

6-2, should be good to make playoffs... so positioning for weeks 14 thru 16 right now

QB: Cam (watson :( )

rb: kamara, freeman

wr: a brown, evans

te: graham

weekly flex options: cooks, parker, martin

kelce owner has horrible WR's and lacks a solid RB2 to pair with his gurley..... I could start with offering parker & graham for kelce... but i know he wants kamara..... should i offer kamara & graham to get kelce? ... is this a trade i should be pursing or just be happy with graham at TE?

Mariota or Brissett?

.5 PPR

Ty Montgomery, Yeldon or Damien Williams - byes and injuries are hosing me and left me with these options.

CJ or Mack?

Kupp or Corey Davis?

Thanks!

Bloom what’s up!.  Standard scoring: start 1 of these 3: doctson @ sea, Corey Davis vs Balt., or c Samuel @ Tb.  P

Happy weekend Bloom!

Scenario: 12-team, non PPR, 3yr Keeper league. Current record: 7-1 (QRRWWTFKD)

Rostered:

• QB: Ryan, Watson
  • RB: Zeke, Crowell, Cohen, Kamara, Collins, Conner, Drake, David Johnson (IR)
  • WR: AB, Jordy, Diggs, Corey Davis, J. Gordon
  • TE: Gronk, Witten
  • K: 
  • DST: JAX
Dilemma (1): This is a 3yr keeper league and Watson would be a 18th round pick next year. is he worth holding the rest of the season or drop to not burn a roster spot?

Dilemma (2): I need to add a kicker this week; somewhat on the above question; should I drop Watson for a kicker or someone else listed above?

Dilemma (3): D. Booker is available. Is anyone above worth dropping for him?

Thanks in advance

Got 1 more in a different league for you:

Scenario: 12-team, .5 PPR (5-man bench). Current record: 7-1 (QRRWWTFKD)

Rostered:

• QB: Wilson
  • RB: Bell, Zeke, Abdullah, Duke Johnson, Drake, DMC
  • WR: Hill, D. Thomas, Thielen, Ginn
  • TE: Rudolph
  • K: Gano 
  • DST: BAL
Dilemma: I need a TE this week with Rudolph on his bye. Who would you drop to pick up a TE? Also, which TE do you start this week:

• Kroft @ JAX
  • B. Watson @TEN
  • Dickson vs. ATL

Curious to hear your thoughts in standard 12-team league, ROS for WR3/4 and potential WR2 production:

P. Richardson

Corey Davis

D. Parker

Thanks!

1 pt PPR flex -

DeSean or Brate at the Saints?  I would normally say Brate but would you take a shot with DeSean on the turf instead?

Thanks. 

Hello.

As always thanks for your help and wisdom.  I've got three questions and wonder if you can tell me why you pick who you do?  If you can't due to time constraint and volume of questions you do have and respond to, it's all good and know that I/we appreciate your feedback.

• I need a TE (PPR & 1PT/10 yds receiving &1PT/10 yds rushing & 6PTS/td & bonus at 100 yds receiving or rushing) 

Dickson
  • Watson
  • Fleener (Brees factor)
  • Darby
  • Higbee (I'm leaning Higbee vs NYG poor DEF vs TE

• WDIS @ WR (same scoring as above) Pick 3

Michael Thomas
  • Mo Sanu
  • Amari Cooper
  • Cory Davis

Thomas is the only "for sure for me" at this point

• WDIS @ RB (same scoring as above) pick 2

Collins
  • Hyde
  • Martin

Leaning Collins and Martin

THANK YOU

Standard scoring flex

CJ Anderson

Lynch

Larry Fitzgerald

Sterling Shepard

Kenyan Drake

Thank you in advance.

Hi Sig 

bye week hell at WR this week, who would you take off the wire in a standard league to use this week ? 

Kupp, Hurns, Goodwin with Garçon out  Samuels and R Shepard 

just need one one of these. Have Kupp in just now 

Sig,

what are your thoughts on Alex Collins this week?  I’m tempted to get him into my lineup but not sure over who, if anyone.

would you bench Martin, Murray, or Alshon jeffrey for him?  Ppr.

Is wentz still an obvious play over Winston with Ertz out?

thanks for your time!

Hi Sig...Flex spot non PPR...bye week plus the zero news hurt me here (passed on R Anderson as I was expecting to play Morris at Flex)

Sanu?

M Lee?

Yeldon now that Fournette is out?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread