What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What makes a person unattractive? (1 Viewer)

Bad personality knocks a full number off their score, at least. If bad enough, can take an 8 to a 4 real quick.

Lack of facial symmetry...not that anyone looks for that but it's just something we innately look for. Negativity- I hate people that just complain about everything. 

I call it the Eeyore complex. Kal El is right.  Bad and/or negative personality is a major factor.
Some people are dealt an overwhelmingly negative hand in life and are understandably depressed about it.

People that are absurdly positive are just as, if not more unattractive than negative people. 

Some people are dealt an overwhelmingly negative hand in life and are understandably depressed about it.

People that are absurdly positive are just as, if not more unattractive than negative people. 
So wrong.

Annoying maybe but constant negative people can weigh you down even when they are 100 miles away from you.

People that are so positive that it comes off as fake certainly do suck. 

So wrong.

Annoying maybe but constant negative people can weigh you down even when they are 100 miles away from you.
Yeah I'm not talking about someone that's depressed because their spouse died, moms sick, lost their job, etc. 

I'm talking about people who are like:

"Football is so dumb"

" Oh god it's Christmas time, can't wait till it's over." 

"Her shirt is so ugly, what was she thinking"

"Everything sucks and everyone is stupid"

laughing at people when they make a mistake, mocking people that took a risk  tried something new

People can be positive without being fake. Everyone should strive for that.
What sense does that make? Most spoke can be positive and hopefully if it’s reasonable to be so but most other dreams, aspirations and goals are long shots.

Either way, positive or negative, it only matters how unrealistic that outlook can be, whether negative or positive.

Would you go around the tent cities if the US and tell them to look at the bright side of life?

What sense does that make? Most spoke can be positive and hopefully if it’s reasonable to be so but most other dreams, aspirations and goals are long shots.

Either way, positive or negative, it only matters how unrealistic that outlook can be, whether negative or positive.

Would you go around the tent cities if the US and tell them to look at the bright side of life?
 Being positive isn't about being unrealistic or looking on the bright side of life. I would almost boil it down to simple situations. A stranger trips and falls, do you laugh at them or go to help them? The server messes up your order, are you polite and understanding or do you use it as a chance to humiliate/berate/dress down the person? Being positive has got nothing to do with where you are in life, it's about what you are putting out into the world.

https://www.inc.com/jayson-demers/7-traits-only-happy-people-have.html

7 Traits Only Happy People Have

Happiness is hard to find for many people. There are several inherent traits that happy people have, but is it possible to teach yourself to embrace and adopt them? It all starts with knowing the secrets of happiness.

[...]

6. Optimism. The power of positive thinking cannot be overstated. Simply believing that things will work out in the end will help you manage your stress on a regular basis and think more positively about your current situation. Optimists find the best in everything and aren't ever consumed with the need to search for faults. Constantly viewing the world through a positive lens will make the world seem more positive, and you'll be happier to live in it as a result. Fostering optimism can be tough, especially if you're used to a cynical line of thinking, but with practice, it's possible to change your outlook.

People who think they have it overwhelmingly bad when they inflict their misery on themselves. 

People can be positive without being fake. Everyone should strive for that.
Exactly. 

It's not just "think positive" :clap: it's the mentality that you are in control of your future, at least to a large degree. You make choices that make an impact. That mentality is key. Those who don't have it are extremely unattractive. Those who do, and actually try to improve their life and help those around them get a significant upgrade on the attractiveness scale.  They also drag people down around them.

Just one anecdotal example, my BIL married a very physically attractive woman a decade ago. But over the past 5 years or so she's let herself go and constantly complains about how difficult her life is. My wife and I basically laugh at her. Thankfully he's now getting divorced from her and he is the happiest he's been in years. It's great to see him with that weight off his shoulders. He had gotten to the point where I strongly disliked being around him, now he's back to being his old self.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. 

It's not just "think positive" :clap: it's the mentality that you are in control of your future, at least to a large degree. You make choices that make an impact. That mentality is key. Those who don't have it are extremely unattractive. Those who do, and actually try to improve their life and help those around them get a significant upgrade on the attractiveness scale.  They also drag people down around them.

Just one anecdotal example, my BIL married a very physically attractive woman a decade ago. But over the past 5 years or so she's let herself go and constantly complains about how difficult her life is. My wife and I basically laugh at her. Thankfully he's now getting divorced from her and he is the happiest he's been in years. It's great to see him with that weight off his shoulders. He had gotten to the point where I strongly disliked being around him, now he's back to being his old self.
In school, it's so obvious how corrosive a negative mentality is to a person. There are some kids who just have such a negative attitude about everything and they are miserable. I have one student that is new to the district this year and she hates the school and is always upset because she has no friends here, nobody helps her, etc. What she is missing and I have tried to point out is that she is really rude and nasty so kids avoid her. Here are things she says on a regular basis:
"This whole school is ######ed" "I hate this school and all the freaks that go here."  "My old school was so much better- this place ghetto (which mom says is how she talked about her old school)."  "I hate all these stupid kids in this class".   

The other kids are actually very nice because they just ignore her. I can imagine many of them want to tell her off. One girl did. The negative Nelly told a girl in art class "why are you drawing a horse, horses freaking suck" to which the girl replied "you chose to paint a brick wall so shut up and mind your own business". The negative Nelly started crying and punched the wall in the hallway, hurting her hand. Then she complained to the counselor about how mean everyone is and nobody likes her. 

Where does this mindset and behavior come from? Does she really not see that she is bringing all of this on herself? Does she know that but is just stuck in a pattern of behavior? I don't get it. 

In school, it's so obvious how corrosive a negative mentality is to a person. There are some kids who just have such a negative attitude about everything and they are miserable. I have one student that is new to the district this year and she hates the school and is always upset because she has no friends here, nobody helps her, etc. What she is missing and I have tried to point out is that she is really rude and nasty so kids avoid her. Here are things she says on a regular basis:
"This whole school is ######ed" "I hate this school and all the freaks that go here."  "My old school was so much better- this place ghetto (which mom says is how she talked about her old school)."  "I hate all these stupid kids in this class".   

The other kids are actually very nice because they just ignore her. I can imagine many of them want to tell her off. One girl did. The negative Nelly told a girl in art class "why are you drawing a horse, horses freaking suck" to which the girl replied "you chose to paint a brick wall so shut up and mind your own business". The negative Nelly started crying and punched the wall in the hallway, hurting her hand. Then she complained to the counselor about how mean everyone is and nobody likes her. 

Where does this mindset and behavior come from? Does she really not see that she is bringing all of this on herself? Does she know that but is just stuck in a pattern of behavior? I don't get it. 
You have to feel for kids like this, they're learning this from somewhere. You're right of course but it's sad when a kid acts this way. It's pathetic when adults do the same.

How often has she moved? Seems like this a defense mechanism, maybe she's afraid to let others get close.

But yes, it's unattractive in anyone.

You have to feel for kids like this, they're learning this from somewhere. You're right of course but it's sad when a kid acts this way. It's pathetic when adults do the same.

How often has she moved? Seems like this a defense mechanism, maybe she's afraid to let others get close.

But yes, it's unattractive in anyone.
It seems like this is her 3rd district- she is in 11th grade. That's not too atypical these days. With all the charter schools and how transient much of our population is, changing districts 3 times in 11 years isn't out of the norm. She has 1 or 2 kids that are friends with her, but they seem to be pulling away because she is mean to them. I feel bad for her in some ways but in other ways it is just tough to be around her because she's such a blackhole. 

It seems like this is her 3rd district- she is in 11th grade. That's not too atypical these days. With all the charter schools and how transient much of our population is, changing districts 3 times in 11 years isn't out of the norm. She has 1 or 2 kids that are friends with her, but they seem to be pulling away because she is mean to them. I feel bad for her in some ways but in other ways it is just tough to be around her because she's such a blackhole. 
What class are 11th graders drawing pictures of walls and horses ?

People who play the victim card that put everyone else down and drag them through their crap. 
These are usually easy to spot

They'e the ones posting 100s of things on fb that they don't need any drama in their lives. 

So amazing that the people always talking about drama are the ones carrying it around

People that are uncomfortable with themselves, dishonest people,  people that cannot be depended upon, people who strive to create drama,  self indulgence,  social media obsession,  body odor, clingy or desperate,  lack of a sense of humor,   Unpleasable people, people who are chronically negative or who are obviously artificially positive,  and people that are straight up exhausting to be around. I won't get into cosmetic appeal here because everybody has different tastes and that part is very subjective.  

Sloppy excess weight.  One can be plump andattractive.....reubenesque and sexy.......portly and pleasing......stout and alluring...it's when one gets to be that sloppy weight that they could be the greatest personality in the world and it wouldn't make a difference.

Yeah I'm not talking about someone that's depressed because their spouse died, moms sick, lost their job, etc. 

I'm talking about people who are like:

"Football is so dumb"

" Oh god it's Christmas time, can't wait till it's over." 

"Her shirt is so ugly, what was she thinking"

"Everything sucks and everyone is stupid"

laughing at people when they make a mistake, mocking people that took a risk  tried something new

Always seeking attention all the time. 
agree

Users who are viewing this thread