What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Saturday Notes (1 Viewer)

ChicagoArch

Footballguy
 A few really quick notes:

If you've got an open roster spot and could use some help at DE the rest of the season, take a look at SF DE Ronald Blair. He was activated of IR this week. Arik Armstead is on IR and Solomon Thomas will miss a few weeks with a knee injury. Blair was a 5th Round pick last year and had 3 sacks as a rookie. Blair is ready to play today. Leger Douzable was a popular pick up after his big game last week. The 49ers are 0-8, once Thomas returns, does it make more sense to play the 31-year-old Douzable or see what they've got in their 24-year-old sophomore?

If you need a Safety starter between bye weeks and injuries, give Bradley McDougald a try. Earl Tomas has already been ruled out. McDougald will start in his place. Was a solid producer last year for TB. He was signed this offseason solely as a injury insurance policy for Thomas and Kam Chancellor.

I think there will be a contest today between the Jacksonville and Seattle D-Lines to see who can land the most sacks. Jacksonville is home against Cincy who have a very questionable O-Line. Andy Dalton has already absorbed 22 sacks on the year. Jacksonville has secured 33 sacks on the season and already have two 10 sack games.  Seattle is home to Washington. Kirk Cousins has only been sacked 16 times, but if the offense had to come out on the field one last time against Dallas, I don't think they could've fielded an entire 5-man O-line. They'v got so many injuries to the O-line it's scary and just for fun, Coach said he wanted Cousins to throw the ball deeper. I'm starting all Jacksonville and Seattle D-linemen who get snaps. A dark horse in the sack competition would be Indy. Indy is at Houston where Tom Savage will get the start, the same Tom Savage who was benched in Week 1 for absorbing 7 sacks, albeit against Jacksonville. Jabaal Sheard, Henry Anderson and if you are really desperate Barkevious Mingo are all startable this week. 

Thanks!

any deeeeppppp DT play tha jump out at you? Have 3 DT on bye and as of now am forced to start Vernon Butler

Love the Blair insight, could have used that Wednesday when waivers run.  Week 9 is brutal for me on DE's - Ogbah, Ingram, Hunter all over the place.  I am starting a blank in two leagues because I didn't like the alternatives but this could have prompted me to spend the FAAB.

I agree with the McDougald callout, made a similar note in the snap count thread.  Again, I have no access to him now but would love to snag him as a spot start.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you've got an open roster spot and could use some help at DE the rest of the season, take a look at SF DE Ronald Blair. He was activated of IR this week. Arik Armstead is on IR and Solomon Thomas will miss a few weeks with a knee injury. Blair was a 5th Round pick last year and had 3 sacks as a rookie. Blair is ready to play today. Leger Douzable was a popular pick up after his big game last week. The 49ers are 0-8, once Thomas returns, does it make more sense to play the 31-year-old Douzable or see what they've got in their 24-year-old sophomore?
Legaer has had three quality starts in a row racking up 18 solos and 2 sacks over the past three weeks. 

He is listed as DE/DT/EDGE in my league.

San Francisco 49ers

ELIG: DT, DE, EDR

He seems to be worth a look.

Nazair Jones, Seattle as a DT sub today if you need one. Back to back solid games for a DT and is getting solid snap counts. 

Users who are viewing this thread