What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shooting at Texas church (1 Viewer)

It's awful, just so awful.  It breaks my heart.  collateral damage in the american 'way of life'.  These poor families

This appears to be the final straw for the wife.  Said she agreed I needed to start carrying and that if I wanted to start applying for jobs in Germany she would support it.  

Any word on the perpetrator? Other than "he is dead"?

We need to find out which of the two trajectories this thread will take.

This appears to be the final straw for the wife.  Said she agreed I needed to start carrying and that if I wanted to start applying for jobs in Germany she would support it.  
You should not carry while in Germany. HTH

:P  

The usual posters are silent until they found out the political affiliation.   Then all hell will break loose here.  ?
Yeah, that's what they mean when they say it's too soon to talk about gun control/muslim ban (pick one based on ethniticity of shooter)

Any word on the perpetrator? Other than "he is dead"?

We need to find out which of the two trajectories this thread will take.
Not local to the community. Also that it was likely not terrorism but probably had to do with the church or community.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the gun thing, that's one of the causes of the problem. Adding another gun to society and putting right in your own home probably isn't the answer. Moving to Germany is a great idea though. I would love that. 

This story will disappear in a week and people won't care anymore, but the Colin Kapernick/NFL players kneeling controversy will likely continue into next year. People that love football will boycott it but people that love guns won't take any steps to change a single thing. #### this ####### violence, it's really wearing on me 

For the gun thing, that's one of the causes of the problem. Adding another gun to society and putting right in your own home probably isn't the answer. Moving to Germany is a great idea though. I would love that. 
I know and I wish it wasn't even something to consider, but it is.  

This story will disappear in a week and people won't care anymore, but the Colin Kapernick/NFL players kneeling controversy will likely continue into next year. People that love football will boycott it but people that love guns won't take any steps to change a single thing. #### this ####### violence, it's really wearing on me 
Take it to the political forum. Too Soon

:sarcasm:

And, yes, , it is a horrible situation that just keeps happening

But isn't that taking a gun off the streets? Also, in my case, I know how to properly handle a gun, and I hope I never have to use it to defend myself.

Hey, maybe let's not argue in this thread.  Maybe someone can start a thread in the POL subforum to argue in, but it would be great to see just thopawishes and so on here.

But isn't that taking a gun off the streets? Also, in my case, I know how to properly handle a gun, and I hope I never have to use it to defend myself.
I don't know, I doubt he plans to buy a gun from a guy off the street. He will likely buy one from a store and then the store will order another gun to replace it and the gun factory will make another gun, etc. From what I can tell, many of these shooters knew how to properly handle guns. Most of them did not buy the guns with the intention of murdering people and they didn't expect to have some kind of violent mental health issue. 

The reports are one shooter in full tactical gear. An old man, presumably from the church chased him down and shot him and drove him into a ditch.

I know and I wish it wasn't even something to consider, but it is.  
Talk to JNOX, he bailed on ‘merica a year ago. Hanging in Berchtesgaden according to numerous reports.

Thoughts and prayers to those affected. I grew up in a town of about 5000 like this one, would be absolutely devasting news.

Not local to the community. Also that it was likely not terrorism but probably had to do with the church or community.
Isn't killing multiple people indiscriminately in a pre-meditated fashion by definition 'terrorism'?

First Baptist Church Pastor Frank Pomeroy tells ABC his 14yr-old daughter is among the dead—Says she "was one very beautiful, special child" JFC.    Made me tear up this is the same age of my twins.

Isn't killing multiple people indiscriminately in a pre-meditated fashion by definition 'terrorism'?
Terrorism is usually defined by the motive more than anything else. Was the person trying to send some kind of political, social or religious message? Was he trying to create fear and panic in the community? 

I don't know, I doubt he plans to buy a gun from a guy off the street. He will likely buy one from a store and then the store will order another gun to replace it and the gun factory will make another gun, etc. From what I can tell, many of these shooters knew how to properly handle guns. Most of them did not buy the guns with the intention of murdering people and they didn't expect to have some kind of violent mental health issue. 
Then we should have an overhaul of our mental health system. I like shooting at targets, and I'll even go hunting(I eat whatever I hunt, sport hunting is for guys with compensation issues), but if someone is using a weapon, they'd better be playing with a full deck.

The church posts all their sermons to YouTube. No chance this wasnt on video. 

Now 25 to 27 dead. Mostly children. 

That means 7.5% of the town's population has been killed. wow
Decimal in the wrong spot, but not a chance every family in that area hasn't been affected by this.  It changes the town forever.  I feel awful for those folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking my carry class in a month.  This #### is out of control. 

Terrorism is usually defined by the motive more than anything else. Was the person trying to send some kind of political, social or religious message? Was he trying to create fear and panic in the community? 
Why kill 20+ people?  

Users who are viewing this thread