What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Washington at Seattle (1 Viewer)

Bad call on that replay of the Int... If that contact had jarred the ball loose would it be a fumble? No. It would have been incomplete. Therefore that shouldn't have been ruled a tackle.

Bad call on that replay of the Int... If that contact had jarred the ball loose would it be a fumble? No. It would have been incomplete. Therefore that shouldn't have been ruled a tackle.
Yeah I thought the contact was before possession. 

I never understood why Seattle of all teams would sign Blair Walsh.  He missed that 30 yard fg against them, a few years back, when he was a Viking.  Makes no sense

Semi-serious question - should Redskins have gone for 2 there? 2 FG beats you in what is a very ugly game so far.

[insert Blair Walsh joke here]

Another episode of bad clock management by Gruden. He should have run on first down to start the clock running. I don’t think Seattle would have called a t.o. then. Instead, incomplete pass stops the clock, then sack on 2nd down with a Seattle timeout leads to a lot of time for the Seahawks. Luckily, it didn’t hurt them though. 

I have a feeling Seattle will eventually make a play and pull this out like they do so often. 

Wait, so WAS would only have scored 2 and not 6 off of an intercepted 2 pt conversion taken back the other way to the house?

Does the D only make 3 points when a FG is blocked and taken all the way back for a defensive TD? No.

Weird discrepancy.

Wait, so WAS would only have scored 2 and not 6 off of an intercepted 2 pt conversion taken back the other way to the house?

Does the D only make 3 points when a FG is blocked and taken all the way back for a defensive TD? No.

Weird discrepancy.
No it isn't. A FG can be faked and the Offense can still score 6. The offense can ONLY score 2 points on the point after try

Weird discrepancy.
And you don't get 0 when you block a punt and return it for a TD, nor do you get 1 when you block a PAT and run it back.

It has nothing to do with what the offense is going for.  It's the difference between a live ball and a point(s) after attempt.

Not to mention the fact that if you line up for a PAT, botch the snap, and run the ball into the endzone, you don't get 6 points, you get 2.

So it's perfectly balanced between offense and defense even then...

Weird discrepancy.

Not really, since its literally impossible to score a TD as the team going for 2, but its possible to score a TD when you are going for a FG. 

Ah good points @renesauz and @FreeBaGeL, thanks.

Assume a PAT block and returned to the other end is only 1 for the D, then.
It is 2 points.

Like I said it has nothing to do with what the offense is attempting.  In point after scenarios a "TD" is worth 2 points and a kick through the uprights is worth 1.  In live ball scenarios a TD is worth 6 points and a kick through the uprights is worth 3.  Doesn't matter whether the offense is kicking or snapping from under center.

It is 2 points.

Like I said it has nothing to do with what the offense is attempting.  In point after scenarios a "TD" is worth 2 points and a kick through the uprights is worth 1.  In live ball scenarios a TD is worth 6 points and a kick through the uprights is worth 3.  Doesn't matter whether the offense is kicking or snapping from under center.
Ok this makes less sense to me, but it’s been a long day with many substances, so there’s that.

Seems to me that if the offense is going for two after a TD, and the other team INTs or picks up a fumble and brings it to the house, 2 points go to the defending team crossing the goal line.

And if the offense is going for a PAT after a TD and the other team blocks and picks up the ball and brings it to the house the other way, 1 point goes to that scoring defense (and not 2, which I think you intimated).

The points being attempted should be what’s awarded to the scoring defense.

Ok this makes less sense to me, but it’s been a long day with many substances, so there’s that.

Seems to me that if the offense is going for two after a TD, and the other team INTs or picks up a fumble and brings it to the house, 2 points go to the defending team crossing the goal line.

And if the offense is going for a PAT after a TD and the other team blocks and picks up the ball and brings it to the house the other way, 1 point goes to that scoring defense (and not 2, which I think you intimated).

The offense doesn't chose between 1 and 2 points before the play.  (They sort of do now that the PAT is set so far back, but even then they theoretically could fake the kick and go for the endzone.)

A try is a try, whether it is a kick or a run/pass.  So the defense is the same either way...they have to defend both possibilities.

Some players have zero game awareness. WHy would Grant dance OOB instead of just going to the ground?

My entire point is that "points being attempted" isn't a thing.

Live ball, clock running, TDs are worth 6 and kicks through the uprights are worth 3.

Dead ball, post TD play with the clock not running, TDs are worth 2 and kicks through the uprights are worth 1.

My entire point is that "points being attempted" isn't a thing.

Live ball, clock running, TDs are worth 6 and kicks through the uprights are worth 3.

Dead ball, post TD play with the clock not running, TDs are worth 2 and kicks through the uprights are worth 1.
I get your point, but I’m saying maybe points attempted should be a thing.

Or maybe not, I don’t care that much.

I do know that Catalina didn’t have to commit that penalty at all and just let Bennett let his own momentum to carry him out of bounds and out of making a play.

Users who are viewing this thread