What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Saudi Arabia: What is going on? (1 Viewer)

Ilov80s

Footballguy
Government purge to consolidate the Prince's power

Now there was a helicopter crash killing a prince and several government authorities. Kushner was secretly there recently. There is the SA arms deal with the US an Russia. 

Is this a big conspiracy? US Senator Chris Murphy seems to think there is something going on as he has tweeted about it. 

The corruption purge and the helicopter crash are likely unrelated.

The corruption purge is quite possibly about the crown prince consolidating power and getting rid of enemies. It could also be about corruption (or both at the same time)

The helicopter crash was close to the border with Yemen from where a missile was sent towards Riyadh, was it yday? Hard to tell what that is, could be the Houthis

The corruption purge is quite possibly about the crown prince consolidating power and getting rid of enemies. It could also be about corruption (or both at the same time)

The helicopter crash was close to the border with Yemen from where a missile was sent towards Riyadh, was it yday? Hard to tell what that is, could be the Houthis
Maybe not connected. The prince that died was the son of the last Saudi Crown Prince so it does raise some questions given the purge yesterday. 

Also, the purge included Prince Al-Waleed who has promoted women's rights and clashed with Trump. He is worth $17 billion and there is talk that Saudi Arabia is going to seize all of his assets. 

Middle East reporters on Twitter are now reporting that the son of the late King Fahd, Prince Abdul Aziz was detained yesterday and is now dead. You still sure the crash didn't have anything to do with the purge?

Gonna guess this is about more than modernization.  Would love to be wrong, but it seems like a pure power-play in the battle of houses - people die, enemies jailed, possible rivals removed from the way.  

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and this is a good path toward a bad leader imo.

Pé Resists‏ @4everNeverTrump

Timeline:

1) Kushner travels to Saudi Arabia

2) Trump asks Saudi Arabia to have Aramco's IPO in USA

3) Saudis arrest prominent Trump critic

Okay ladies & gents, it is obvious you have been brainwashing yourselves a little too much with whatever talking points the deep state has put out for CNN to spoon feed you.

Here is a rundown of what is really going on in Saudi Arabia:

Get woke, stay woke

I'd highly recommend adding @Imperator_Rex3 to your Twitter rotation.

@squiz, you know what to do

Cliffs for those too lazy to click:

1. Trump formed new alliance with Saudi Arabia when he became POTUS

2. Saudis get economic stability through Aramco IPO, we get stability in middle East, and draining of the swamp

3. Trump's terms we're that bin Salman had to get rid of the corrupt POS from his country that have been buying politicians from both sides for decades

4. Saudis have the evidence of bribery, extortion,  human trafficking (libs are going to hate this part), weapons deals, terrorist funding, etc

5. This is why they got everyone at once

6. US MSM and social media are owned and controlled by Saudis

7. Prince Alwaleed, (the one who had a Twitter melt during the campaign), Four Seasons, Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas shooting also involved.

8. Clinton, Podesta, and Saudis have been intertwined for years. No coincidence Podesta resigns and has been in hiding/custody and the Saudi dragnet is unleashed. Google Clinton, Podesta, Saudi if you are unaware.

9. This would explain why Obama, Clinton, and Podesta have been MIA for days now. When was the last time it took Clinton more than 3 hours to tweet about gun control to score political points from the herd?

10. This would also explain the Bush outbursts this week. They are crapping their depends as well.

I would recommend reading through Imperator Rex's timeline, lots of nuggets in there for those who aren't buying CNN's BS anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Middle East reporters on Twitter are now reporting that the son of the late King Fahd, Prince Abdul Aziz was detained yesterday and is now dead. You still sure the crash didn't have anything to do with the purge?
I'm not sure of anything.

It could have been a Sidewinder from an airforce jet or even a drone (the plot thickens) that took out the helicopter as it was running for asylum among the Houthis in Yemen. It could have been bad weather or sand or pilot error or mechanical failure.

Abdul Aziz could have been killed by his jailers or had a seizure from not getting his medication. 

We don't know,

At this point we do not have information that ties it together other than what is best described as "speculation"

Okay ladies & gents, it is obvious you have been brainwashing yourselves a little too much with whatever talking points the deep state has put out for CNN to spoon feed you.

Get woke, stay woke

2. Saudis get economic stability through Aramco IPO, we get stability in middle East, and draining of the swamp

3. Trump's terms we're that bin Salman had to get rid of the corrupt POS from his country that have been buying politicians from both sides for decades

4. Saudis have the evidence of bribery, extortion,  human trafficking (libs are going to hate this part), weapons deals, terrorist funding, etc

7. Prince Alwaleed, (the one who had a Twitter melt during the campaign), Four Seasons, Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas shooting also involved.

8. Clinton, Podesta, and Saudis have been intertwined for years. No coincidence Podesta resigns and has been in hiding/custody and the Saudi dragnet is unleashed. Google Clinton, Podesta, Saudi if you are unaware.

9. This would explain why Obama, Clinton, and Podesta have been MIA for days now. When was the last time it took Clinton more than 3 hours to tweet about gun control to score political points from the herd?

10. This would also explain the Bush outbursts this week. They are crapping their depends as well.

I would recommend reading through Imperator Rex's timeline, lots of nuggets in there for those who aren't buying CNN's BS anymore.
:mellow:  

Get woke, stay woke

Head upstairs, to your mom's kitchen, and open a window, and get some fresh air.

These last few days in saudi feel like the end of goodfellas, although in this case the fat guy with the fur coat ends up at the Ritz

Get woke, stay woke

Just when you thought you were pretty up on all the current conspiracy theories...

Just when you thought you were pretty up on all the current conspiracy theories...
I don't think it's that far off- the question is more of perspective. Is this a great deal from leaders trying to sow peace, prosperity and reform or a massive power/money grab and political purging? It seems clear Trump has repositioned the world order to be US/SA/Russa

Saudi Arabia says Lebanon has declared war on it

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia said on Monday that Lebanon had declared war against it because of attacks against the Kingdom by the Lebanese Shi‘ite group Hezbollah.

Saudi Gulf affairs minister Thamer al-Sabhan told Al-Arabiya TV that Saad al-Hariri, who announced his resignation as Lebanon’s prime minister on Saturday, had been told that acts of “aggression” by Hezbollah “were considered acts of a declaration of war against Saudi Arabia by Lebanon and by the Lebanese Party of the Devil”.
link

Saudi Arabia says Lebanon has declared war on it

link
So, in order to stamp out the Lebanese aggression the Saudis have to go through Jordan and Israel, who I am sure will just let them pass unmolested

ETA: They can also choose to go via Syria i/o Israel. I'm sure Assad won't mind that they have been bombing him the past couple of years

Last edited by a moderator:

2. in what sense is the swamp being drained?

6. um, what?

7. um, what in the hell are you saying?

Thanks for posting.  It's an interesting perspective.  The author made some good points about Russia's actions in Syria but I thought his argument sputtered badly in the last paragraph.

Signs that a short-term alignment is emerging between Turkey, Iran and Saudi Arabia plays into Russia’s strategy. All three of these countries have an interest in cooperating to a degree in Syria. Turkey needs to expand into Syria to eliminate radical Sunni insurgent threats on its border, to check Iran’s power in Syria and to keep the Syrian Kurds weak in the north. Iran wants to further limit the threat of Sunni groups in Syria and consolidate its power in Syria and Iraq. And Saudi Arabia has a financial incentive to cooperate, as it needs all the money it can get. For Russia, however, its main focus is not in the Middle East but in Ukraine. It has so far seen success in one part of its Middle East strategy – gaining influence in an area the U.S. cares  deeply about – but it remains to be seen whether this will translate into concessions on Ukraine.

Could be both . Civil war wouldn’t be good & obviously if Iran was involved that could be disastrous 
Bad situation all around but I don't see it being specifically bad for us except I'm very concerned that we have a guy who really doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to many things but foreign diplomacy would be high on the list.

Bad situation all around but I don't see it being specifically bad for us except I'm very concerned that we have a guy who really doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to many things but foreign diplomacy would be high on the list.
If the #### hits the fan in SA we are going in & it wouldn’t matter who was in the White House

The US is already supporting Saudi Arabia in their proxy war in Yemen.  I don't think there's US national interest in escalating our involvement but I guess you can find a terrorist threat anywhere if you scratch the surface.  I would hope even the current administration isn't stupid enough to bungle into Lebanon if that situation worsens. 

That leaves the unlikely (at the moment) possibility of a palace coup or civil war in KSA.  That's a much tougher one to call because of oil and our long-standing relationship with the House of Saud.  Hopefully cooler heads will be in the White House if/when that occurs.

That leaves the unlikely (at the moment) possibility of a palace coup or civil war in KSA.  That's a much tougher one to call because of oil and our long-standing relationship with the House of Saud.  Hopefully cooler heads will be in the White House if/when that occurs.
I would think that a civil war would have happened already if there was going to be one.  From the sounds of things, the characters that were removed were doing quite a bit of foreign medeling, supported wahhabism, and the country hasn't been doing well financially since fracking.  There are probably factions that would still be loyal to the opposing faction, but they are crippled without money.  

Users who are viewing this thread