What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Offseason Coaching Changes (1 Viewer)

Have to imagine Bill O’Brien’s seat may be a little warm too. Not sure if it would be fair to have Vance Joseph on here but the Broncos have seemingly given up and he hasn’t changed things on offense to mask his QB deficiency. 

Yup, I see them all gone. McAdoo, frankly shouldn't be fired immediately and IMO Jack del Rio should be on this list too.
Giving him and Gase tonight. Both have some pretty good blemishes right now.

McAdoo and Pagano are both done. 

O'Brien will get a pass, thanks to the injuries to Watt and Watson. Too bad for Texans fans. 

Marvin Lewis will be the Bengals coach until they tag his toe. :lol:  

Obrien took the Texans to the playoffs with Hoyer/Mallet/Osweiler and even won a game. I don't think he's going to get fired the same year his whole team got hurt. Honestly they still may win the division. It's hard to lose your starter midweek

Hue Jackson should be swept out with the rest of them.

Koetter likely gone too.

John Fox

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would O'Brien be on the hot seat? He's done a lot with not much at QB and once he had one it was amazing... while it lasted.
The team was 3-4 when Watson got hurt, despite his incredible play.  Two of those losses can be attributed to O'Brien's gutless play calling at the end when he could have won the game by letting his stud rookie QB make a play, but instead called a run against defenses expecting it. Both games were against teams with very clutch QBs. And let's not forget the opening day loss when he didn't even start Watson.  O'Brien has only himself to blame for this 3-5 debacle. 

The question I have is who are the hotshot candidates next year?  I don't recall hearing much buzz about any new candidates, not like we did the last couple of years with guys like McVey, Shanahan, etc.

The question I have is who are the hotshot candidates next year?  I don't recall hearing much buzz about any new candidates, not like we did the last couple of years with guys like McVey, Shanahan, etc.
McDaniels and Patricia will both get looks. 

Gase should be. Take it from me, a Philadelphia fan. This guy has Chip Kelly 2.0 written all over him. Only now since Miami,I'm sure is, aware of how chip worked out up here, how much patience will they have with him? These egomaniac coaches never get it through their thick skulls that "it ain't the Xs and the Os but the Billys and the Joes." 

Maybe Ajayi really was a headache and the change of scenery will be good for both clubs but that move smacks of running McCoy and D-Jax out of Philly and you saw how well that worked out. 

Gase should be. Take it from me, a Philadelphia fan. This guy has Chip Kelly 2.0 written all over him. Only now since Miami,I'm sure is, aware of how chip worked out up here, how much patience will they have with him? These egomaniac coaches never get it through their thick skulls that "it ain't the Xs and the Os but the Billys and the Joes." 

Maybe Ajayi really was a headache and the change of scenery will be good for both clubs but that move smacks of running McCoy and D-Jax out of Philly and you saw how well that worked out. 
On the bright side, if the 2020 dolphins are like the 2017 eagles, I'd bet their fans will be okay.

On the bright side, if the 2020 dolphins are like the 2017 eagles, I'd bet their fans will be okay.
Sure if they have a GM that can get from 15 to 8 to 2 using only Maxwell and Alonzo and a couple of draft picks.

No mention of Harbaugh, yet? I'd have to imagine he's starting to wear out his welcome as that team seems like it's been on a slow slide down ever since their Super Bowl appearance.

Jim Bob cooter should be coaching the Bears next year. Would be a good fit.

Ajayi will go to a pro bowl after Game is long gone and fired.

Coughlin would probably have the giants at 5-3 right now.

Basically same run down as last week, continued mediocrity from: Pagano, Hue Jackson (with possibly the worst coaching decision of the year at the end of the first half), John Fox (with the second worst decision of the year this week), Bill O’Brien, McAdoo, Dirk Koetter (offense still looked putrid despite a win), Marvin Lewis and Chuck Pagano. Going to add Jason Garrett to seat being warmed up. Can’t ever trust Jerry Jones.

del rio..gase is a clown. when the kc slide is over does andy reid stay around? why should he? the garrett experiment in dallas should end.time to move on. youve gotten nothing out of him for years now. gb's defensive coaching staff needs to go as does their scouting coaches and most of the front office that rosteris void of significant talent and has been for a decade now. chargers coaching staff sux.denvers HC deserves to see the exit door hes in over his head and elway changes coaches like girls change clothes. dead man walking. GRUDEN is the one name NO one mentioned hes a dead man walking too.he SUX.  Hue Jackson should never havr been hired in the first place but he has to go. agreed on obrien..not sure jets coaching staff lasts either...

mcdaniels going to be a very sought after man once the axe falls around the nfl..ill take him for the giants in a ny minute. maybe harbaugh leaves michigan . maybe harbaugh leaves baltimore does he get fired if they miss playoffs?  

Basically same run down as last week, continued mediocrity from: Pagano, Hue Jackson (with possibly the worst coaching decision of the year at the end of the first half), John Fox (with the second worst decision of the year this week), Bill O’Brien, McAdoo, Dirk Koetter (offense still looked putrid despite a win), Marvin Lewis and Chuck Pagano. Going to add Jason Garrett to seat being warmed up. Can’t ever trust Jerry Jones.
Again, can't imagine why some think O'Brien should be fired.

Chaka said:
Again, can't imagine why some think O'Brien should be fired.
He’ll probably get a pass with the Watson injury and a couple years of awful QB play before him I’d imagine. That being said losing has caused better coach’s to be canned before they probably deserved to be. 

McAdoo still is the leading candidate for an in season firing. Spags was epically bad in his last HC gig but he's going to get another shot, probably tomorrow.

BusterTBronco said:
Fire Vance Joseph now.  Oh, and Elway can fire himself, too, while he's at it.
Joseph is totally in over his head.  For those who use to doubt Kubiak, compare last season to this season.  

Joseph is totally in over his head.  For those who use to doubt Kubiak, compare last season to this season.  
I know everyone wants to pile on Denver and Joseph but their last three games were against KC, Phi and NE. That's arguably the 3 best teams in the league. I know outside of beating a good Dallas team they haven't looked good, but for a rookie HC the schedule has been brutal. 

I know everyone wants to pile on Denver and Joseph but their last three games were against KC, Phi and NE. That's arguably the 3 best teams in the league. I know outside of beating a good Dallas team they haven't looked good, but for a rookie HC the schedule has been brutal. 
Yes, the schedule has been tough, but it's not so much the losses as it is how they have looked. They came out of the bye and looked awful in a home loss to the otherwise-winless Giants who are about to fire their coach, and just look at the last two weeks.  The defense looks defeated, which is why they are getting gashed now.  You can only carry a team so far before the weight collapses, and the ineptitude of both the offense and special teams has seemingly sapped the will out of the defense.  And Joseph seems to have zero answers.  

Yes, the schedule has been tough, but it's not so much the losses as it is how they have looked. They came out of the bye and looked awful in a home loss to the otherwise-winless Giants who are about to fire their coach, and just look at the last two weeks.  The defense looks defeated, which is why they are getting gashed now.  You can only carry a team so far before the weight collapses, and the ineptitude of both the offense and special teams has seemingly sapped the will out of the defense.  And Joseph seems to have zero answers.  
That sounds just like you're talking about John Fox

He also insists on kicking short FGs instead of going for it when playing against powerhouse offenses. A sure way to lose. 

I’d have to agree about Joseph and Elway has only had so much patience in the past. That being said I mostly blame this on Elway. He’s the guy who selected Lynch and wanted Osweiler, who cut Ward amidst the players objections, who has had overrated draft after overrated draft, who ignored OLine until this offseason and who has gotten partially lucky in his free agent signings which has aided his inability to draft. 

Users who are viewing this thread