What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tyler Kroft (1 Viewer)

BobbyLayne

Footballguy
Think it’s time this cat got his own thread.

TE14 on the season in PPR, TE10 on a PPG basis

WK4 - TE2

WK 5 - TE20

WK 7 - TE9

WK 8 - TE11

WK 9 - TE10

2015 3rd round pick - Rutgers

Kroft has 28 targets over the last 6 games & has had a nice floor.

Its possible the Bengals do a one-year deal with Eifert, but I get the sense they’re ready to move on. By seasons end he will have missed 40 games in the last 4 years, and played less than 50% of games since he was a first round draft pick.

Is Kroft the Bengals long term solution at TE?

Last edited by a moderator:
Been starting him at flex or TE for a few weeks now. Pretty happy with him. Remains #2 option behind AJ

I don’t know about being the long term answer but given the TE landscape he is definitely startable right now

Bills TE Tyler Kroft suffered a broken foot on the first day of OTAs.

Coach Sean McDermott said Kroft will undergo surgery on Tuesday, and there is no timetable for his return, although NFL Network's Ian Rapoport estimates the tight end will miss three to four months. Kroft was expected to start after signing a three-year, $18.75 million contract in March, but now his Week 1 availability is up in the air. Lee Smith, Jason Croom, and third-rounder Dawson Knox are next up on the depth chart.

SOURCE: Vic Carucci on Twitter

May 21, 2019, 11:22 AM ET

Bills coach Sean McDermott said the team has yet to make a decision on TE Tyler Kroft's (foot, active/PUP) status.

Kroft has missed all of training camp and remains without a timetable. He's a candidate to go on reserve/PUP, which would cost him the first six games. With Dawson Knox and Jason Croom still working their way back from injuries, Tommy Sweeney could open the year as Buffalo's No. 1 tight end.

SOURCE: buffalobills.com

Aug 28, 2019, 4:22 PM ET

Bills TE Tyler Kroft was forced from Thursday's practice with an ankle injury.

The severity is "not yet known," which of course means the team is concerned it's serious. Kroft had just returned to full practice from a foot issue on Wednesday. He has yet to play this season.

SOURCE: Chris Brown on Twitter

Sep 19, 2019, 2:06 PM ET

It won’t be a ton different than what they’ve been doing I don’t think. The Bills have run more 4 WR sets than anyone else in the league so far. The other TEs weren’t getting a ton of run anyway.
Appreciate the insight.

have J Graham in now but I thought maybe Kroft could be a nice play this week vs the Jets 

The New York Post's Brian Costello suggests Jets TE Tyler Kroft "might end up with the starting job" over Chris Herndon.

"Kroft has been one of the bigger surprises of the spring," Costello writes. "He has seen a lot of time with the starting unit and...could beat out Chris Herndon for the job if Herndon does not shake out of the funk he was in last year." The Jets and OC Mike LaFleur, a student of Kyle Shanahan's, are clearly attempting to clone San Francisco's offense in utilizing players with YAC ability, leaning on both Keelan Cole and Kroft over Denzel Mims and Herndon in first-team reps throughout the spring. Kroft spiked 42/404/7 as a full-time player with the Bengals in 2017 but has since been healthy for only 26 of a possible 48 games. Fantasy managers' best bet is to ignore New York's tight end position completely while it shakes out.

RELATED: 

Chris Herndon

SOURCE: Brian Costello on Twitter

Jun 28, 2021, 3:13 PM ET

Herndon traded to the Vikings. Kroft had some productive looks with Wilson and the "starting" offense this preseason. Might be worth some speculative waiver adds if you're TE desperate.  Kenny Yeboah who had a monster game 3 in preseason was also cut today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did some reading and it sounds like the Jets really like him, and obviously he has a connection with Wilson (2 TDs vs Packers). Maybe we are all sleeping on his upside. Starting to think he's a more attractive option for a late round sleeper than some other names thrown around (Juwan Johnson, Freiermuth, Granson, etc.) Not much else on the roster as far as TEs, a defense that will be in a lot of shootouts, and a gunslinger at QB.  :grad:

I did some reading and it sounds like the Jets really like him, and obviously he has a connection with Wilson (2 TDs vs Packers). Maybe we are all sleeping on his upside. Starting to think he's a more attractive option for a late round sleeper than some other names thrown around (Juwan Johnson, Freiermuth, Granson, etc.) Not much else on the roster as far as TEs, a defense that will be in a lot of shootouts, and a gunslinger at QB.  :grad:

I just finished up a draft that I ended up with Engram and Everett and TE.  With Engram pulling a calf I will likely pick up Kroft.  I thought he looked really good against GB and with all the other TE's clearing out he should be the guy catching passes from a rookie all year.  I don't see huge numbers but probably good enough to be serviceable.  

I just finished up a draft that I ended up with Engram and Everett and TE.  With Engram pulling a calf I will likely pick up Kroft.  I thought he looked really good against GB and with all the other TE's clearing out he should be the guy catching passes from a rookie all year.  I don't see huge numbers but probably good enough to be serviceable.  
He’s a solid veteran and earned the starting job - although the competition wasn’t too stiff. In the new scheme he likely could have more fantasy value than most expect, but he’s not talented enough to be a difference maker at TE. 

He’s a solid veteran and earned the starting job - although the competition wasn’t too stiff. In the new scheme he likely could have more fantasy value than most expect, but he’s not talented enough to be a difference maker at TE. 
But in round 17 or later, I'd say he has fantastic upside that late in a draft

The one game I watched he was Wilson's second look behind Davis.  Had a handful of targets.

Tyler Kroft caught 1-of-2 targets for nine yards in the 49ers' Week 1 loss to the Bears.

Splitting snaps with Ross Dwelley in George Kittle's absence, Kroft actually got open for what should have been a 32-yard touchdown, but Trey Lance overthrew him. Kroft won't be worth a TE2 dart throw if Kittle remains sidelined for Week 2 vs. the Seahawks.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Users who are viewing this thread