What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roy Halladay killed in plane crash (1 Viewer)

Hi Mods,

Sorry that I didn’t check the baseball form where this news is already known. 

Please delete if you want to do so

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad, He seemed to be a great guy really enjoying life. One of his kids played AAU with my son and he was always helping out.

Sad and strange as this is 30 min from me and the weather is perfect, little wind and clear skies.

Read an article earlier on the "thing" he was flying (Icon A5). They basically called it a jet ski with wings and unfortunately, there were a couple other fatalities in them in the recent years.

Read an article earlier on the "thing" he was flying (Icon A5). They basically called it a jet ski with wings and unfortunately, there were a couple other fatalities in them in the recent years.
Was talking to a friend of mine who has his own plane, and he heard that Roy was fairly reckless with this plane, used to skim the water regularly and considered this his "fighter plane."  Not sure how much of this is actually true, but makes some sense as there was no may-day calls, etc.  He likely just misjudged a dive and caught a wing.

Was talking to a friend of mine who has his own plane, and he heard that Roy was fairly reckless with this plane, used to skim the water regularly and considered this his "fighter plane."  Not sure how much of this is actually true, but makes some sense as there was no may-day calls, etc.  He likely just misjudged a dive and caught a wing.
There's video on tmz. He was hotdogging

Sounds more and more like a senseless tragedy. They interviewed the guys on the boat last night and they said Roy made 5-6 passes coming through low then going up and turning around and coming back and one time was waving out the window 5-10 feet above the water. Got too low on one pass and the nose clipped the water and the plane flipped into the gulf at a high rate of speed. Now others are saying he was doing that all week and flying very aggressively.

Roy tweeted a couple of weeks ago that he loved flying fast low over the water...it was like flying a jet fighter.

Not to make excuses, but this plane was made to land in the water. 

It was..but he was not trying to land. Plus his speed was way too high to land on water.
Yeah, I'm not denying he was likely dickin around. My point was simply that it wasn't a "regular" plane that he was skimming the water with. 

It sounds like he was chomping at the bit to fly, like he was making up for lost time.  ESPN reported that his contracts did not allow him to fly when he played (probably pretty typical in any pro sport contracts).

Users who are viewing this thread