What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Doug Martin for Adam Thielen? (1 Viewer)

Edm77

Footballguy
I was just offered Doug Martin for Adam Thielen. Do I take it? Full point ppr, 8 man league, and I’m in 2nd place at 8-1. Playoffs are weeks 15 and 16. We start 3 WR’s, 2 RB’s, a wr/rb flex and a wr/rb/te flex.

My RB’s: Kareem Hunt, Mark Ingram, Isaiah Crowell, Alex Collins, and Jay Ajayi
My WR’s: Antonio Brown, Doug Baldwin, Demaryius Thomas, Adam Thielen, Marvin Jones Jr., and Devin Funchess
My TE’s: Kyle Rudolph and Zach Ertz

I think this is a fairly even move that doesn't really improve you much if at all.  You can play up to 5 WR's and only 2 RB's so it's almost a one for one evaluation on who will score more.  I think that might be Thielen based on the mess that Tampa is quickly becoming.  I probably hold tight because I think Ajayi will be solid depth as Philly starts to utilize him more and I would put Martin fairly equal to Collins at this point. 

I think this is a fairly even move that doesn't really improve you much if at all.  You can play up to 5 WR's and only 2 RB's so it's almost a one for one evaluation on who will score more.  I think that might be Thielen based on the mess that Tampa is quickly becoming.  I probably hold tight because I think Ajayi will be solid depth as Philly starts to utilize him more and I would put Martin fairly equal to Collins at this point. 
Good post.

My thoughts exactly.  Keep Thielen, you are already stacked at RB.  Both Ingram and Ajayi have the 1st and 2nd easiest playoff schedule.  You are set up for a championship.  To be honest, you may see what the trade market is for Hunt right now and maybe trade up for a stud WR like ABrown or Julio with better playoff matchups.

Help me out? https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/762512-ww-rb-ros-help/

I want no part of the mess of an offense that is Tampa right now.  In a full pt PPR Martin takes a hit also because he's not involved in the pass game.  You should want to start 5 WRs and 2 RBs as Gally said, so acquiring Martin helps you none.  Keep Thielen

Users who are viewing this thread