What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do I improve my QB position? (1 Viewer)

Edm77

Footballguy
I need help with how to improve my QB position. Should I keep picking up guys from waiver or try and work out a trade? Full point ppr, 8 man league, and I’m in 2nd place at 8-1. Playoffs are weeks 15 and 16.

My Team:
Starting:
QB: J. Winston
QB: J. McCown
WR: A. Brown
WR: D. Thomas
WR: D. Baldwin
RB: K. Hunt
RB: J. Ajayi
TE: Z. Ertz
WR/RB: Mark Ingram
WR/RB/TE: D. Funchess
K: Matt Bryant
K: Ka’imi Fairbairn
DEF: Jags

Bench: A. Rodgers (picked up from waivers), A. Theielen, M. Jones Jr., I. Crowell, A. Collins, K. Rudolph

Who are the waiver QB's?  That matters to make this decision.  It also matters on what other teams want to make a trade.  You need to improve at QB but it's hard to say the best route without knowing the trade costs or the waiver options.

Who are the waiver QB's?  That matters to make this decision.  It also matters on what other teams want to make a trade.  You need to improve at QB but it's hard to say the best route without knowing the trade costs or the waiver options.
Some of the qbs on waivers are as follows: Fitzpatrick, Cutler, Keenum, Brisset, Bortles, Hundley, Beathard, Garoppolo, Osweiler, Savage, Kizer, Lynch, and Stanton. As for other teams who want to make a trade, I haven’t asked them about it but some teams could definitely use a better player in a position I’m strong in.

Some of the qbs on waivers are as follows: Fitzpatrick, Cutler, Keenum, Brisset, Bortles, Hundley, Beathard, Garoppolo, Osweiler, Savage, Kizer, Lynch, and Stanton. As for other teams who want to make a trade, I haven’t asked them about it but some teams could definitely use a better player in a position I’m strong in.
I like Brissett's schedule down the stretch.  I would pick him up.  I don't really care for any of the other guys.  McCown has actually done decent so I don't think you get hurt there but there is probably improvement to be had.  Throw out some feelers and see if anybody is willing to part with a QB

Most of the guys you mentioned that are available are just JAG's and won't help much. The only one that is unproven that has upside would be Garappolo (you didn't mention Bridgewater and I would include him if he is available.) If you can work out a trade with any of your bench guys I'd look there also but in a 8 team league most of your bench guys wont draw much interest unless you package a couple of them up.

Hard to say which QB you should try and trade for without knowing anyone else's team in the league.  For now I'd hang onto McCown, he's been better than people think and he's helped one owner in a 14 team league of mine stay afloat since he lost Rodgers.  I'd drop Jameis for Brissett and then start trade hunting

Users who are viewing this thread