What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Zeke for Chris Thompson? (Trade Deadline Tomorrow) (1 Viewer)

Plainfield John

Footballguy
16 Team PPR; Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex

Current Roster:

QB - Mariota, Brissett

RB - Zeke, Howard, Burkhead, McFadden, Vereen, Gallman

WR - Julio, Dez, Michael Thomas, Doctson

TE - Kelce, Engram

I have the opportunity to trade Zeke straight up for Chris Thompson. Our trade deadline is tomorrow, so I won't know whether Zeke's suspension is on before I have to make a decision. Complicating the decision are the keeper implications. In this league, we can keep one guy with round 1-7 value and one guy with round 8-16 value. Zeke is really the only guy I have worth keeping in the 1-7 range (he has 2nd round keeper value). Also, I'd be trading him within my division so that has potential to haunt me next year. Thompson has 8th round keeper value, but I also have Howard (9th) and Engram (14th) that I could keep. I'd be a lot more likely to pull the trigger if Thompson had 7th round value. With all that said, do I have enough to survive with what I have (or what I can get off the waiver wire) if Zeke's suspension goes into effect or should I just trade for Thompson despite the keeper issues that creates?

I would hang on to him. Suspension or not, he's a difference maker week to week. Are you in contention this year for your league's title?

Hang on to him. Your RB group will suffer without him and you are banking on Thompson being extra efficient with minimal touches. Also, with him being 8-16 keeper value, trading for Thompson doesn't help in that regard either.

Keep him, you;re going to lose 6 games out of him either this year or next but he is so much better than Thompson it is really a no brainer.

Users who are viewing this thread