What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Someone just offered me Kareem Hunt....do I take it? (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
Play in a 2 QB, 10-team league, .5 PPR, re-draft league. 5-4 record and in 5th place (top 6 go to playoffs). Made a huge trade this morning and my roster is as follows:

QB: Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr, Brett Hundley, Case Keenum

RB: David Johnson, Alvin Kamara, Christian McCaffrey, Jerick McKinnon

WR: Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, Corey Davis

TE: Hunter Henry, Greg Olsen

DEF: Jacksonville

Have a Kicker spot to fill due to bye week and then an extra spot to fill with a free agent.

Owner in my league offered Tyrod Taylor, Kareem Hunt, and Evan Engram for Kirk Cousins, Christian McCaffrey, Michael Thomas, and Hunter Henry. Do I take it? I would be without a solid 2nd starting WR with Thomas gone and Hunt is on bye so I'd have to roll with someone off waivers for this week. I could also turn around and try and sell Hunt but I'd be hard-pressed to find two solid guys like Thomas and McCaffrey in return I think. I also think Hunt is on a bit of a down-streak and his touch rate is going down after the hot start to the season. Thoughts?

I feel like I've seen this team before  :P

Sounds like your own analysis says don't do the deal....I agree.  It's a downgrade at QB, and IMO you really can't afford to give up anything there.  I don't mind combining McCaffrey and Thomas into Hunt, but that's a stand alone deal.  Henry to Engram is a bump at TE but at the expense of downgrading elsewhere...unnecessary.  This feels like the other guy is trying to "add in" an upgrade at TE for you to make the deal look more fair, but you don't really need the bump at TE as much as you need to keep the value at the other positions.  

Thomas is due for a breakout game I think.  He's getting good target share, steady if unspectacular yardage, but only 2 TDs on the year.  If he had 6 already then he wouldn't look so "middle of the pack" right now.  CMC is a target monster already, and with Benjamin gone now he's about to be leaned on even more to help the offense, at least until Olsen returns.  

I feel like I've seen this team before  :P

Sounds like your own analysis says don't do the deal....I agree.  It's a downgrade at QB, and IMO you really can't afford to give up anything there.  I don't mind combining McCaffrey and Thomas into Hunt, but that's a stand alone deal.  Henry to Engram is a bump at TE but at the expense of downgrading elsewhere...unnecessary.  This feels like the other guy is trying to "add in" an upgrade at TE for you to make the deal look more fair, but you don't really need the bump at TE as much as you need to keep the value at the other positions.  

Thomas is due for a breakout game I think.  He's getting good target share, steady if unspectacular yardage, but only 2 TDs on the year.  If he had 6 already then he wouldn't look so "middle of the pack" right now.  CMC is a target monster already, and with Benjamin gone now he's about to be leaned on even more to help the offense, at least until Olsen returns.  
Thanks. That was my thinking as well. I think he's frustrated with how Hunt's been performing of late. His top WRs are Amari Cooper and Chris Hogan and his other RBs are Mark Ingram and Ezekiel Elliott, so things could go downhill for him really quickly.

Still don't understand why you are holding onto DJ since his roster spot could have been used on waiver guys that could have helped you this year. What WR's are available to you on waivers? The trade would leave you too thin there unless you can pick up a good WR.

Still don't understand why you are holding onto DJ since his roster spot could have been used on waiver guys that could have helped you this year. What WR's are available to you on waivers? The trade would leave you too thin there unless you can pick up a good WR.
Yeah, I'm not sure either. Guess I'm just waiting for true confirmation that he's actually done for the year. Other WRs on waivers are Corey Coleman, Cooper Kupp, Jamison Crowder, Danny Amendola, Terrance Williams, Martavis Bryant to name a few.

Users who are viewing this thread