What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Evans for Marvin Jones and Golden Tate (1 Viewer)

Drinkin Buddy

Footballguy
PPR dynasty league. I've clawed my way back to 4-5. 6 of 12 teams make the playoffs. I'd put my chances of getting in the playoffs at 40%. I make this trade and that number likely goes down considerably.

My current roster:

Ben/Tyrod

McCaffrey/Duke/Crowell/Stewart/Burkhead

Hopkins/Tate/Jones/Hurns/Snead/Tyrell/Calvin/Dede

Eifert/Clay/Witten

Do I trade away Golden Tate and Marvin Jones to get Mike Evans?

Thanks, will answer yours.

If you arent worried about making the playoffs this year then I would make the trade. With winston having shoulder issues that makes acquiring Evans now, for this season, an iffy move. But evans has more dynasty value than tate and jones, but for the remainder of the season I would bet on tate/jones producing more. 

If you arent worried about making the playoffs this year then I would make the trade. With winston having shoulder issues that makes acquiring Evans now, for this season, an iffy move. But evans has more dynasty value than tate and jones, but for the remainder of the season I would bet on tate/jones producing more. 
This

Sounds like you're asking us whether or not you should continue to play for this year (no trade), or play for next year (do the trade).  I don't think we can answer that for you without knowing every team in your league, who the owners are, their tendencies, etc. etc.   With just the information you've given, I'd say play for next year and make the trade, but that's an out-of-context answer that may not be correct. 

Enough has been said supporting the move.  Evans is a stud.  But playing devil's advocate:

I'm typically not a fan of playing two wide outs on the same team, however they are WR9 and WR16 respectively, and Detroit has juicy matchups for the playoff season (at TB, CHI, at CIN). 

I personally would do the trade if I was you to get Evans, but if you're the type who's never won a championship and want to go for it, this year is a good one to have both Tate and Jones.

I would be surprised if the other guy would make that move but I have no idea what his current WR situation is.  Most people have a psychological block about having two WR's from the same team and that is very difficult to overcome.....especially for a top dynasty asset like Evans.  As Macgyver pointed out the Detroit WR's are playing very well and worthy of being started together but most people won't like that risk of a bad Stafford game and getting blanked on both guys.

Was this an offer that came your way or are you thinking of making the offer?  If it came your way I would do it for sure for the future value, however if you are thinking of offering it up I would doubt the other guy accepts.

Of course I'd like to make the playoffs. Packing up your season and playing for next year is a tough decision even if my chances of a title are slim.

The guy offered it, he's willing to throw in Paul Richardson or Rishard Matthews to make it happen.

Thx for your help...

I think it's too good an offer to pass up.  If you can land Matthews as well?  I don't see how you can turn it down.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread