What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I am starting Thomas Rawls over _________ (1 Viewer)

Franknbeans

Footballguy
no one.  I briefly picked him up and then sent him packing.  I just couldn't do it. Thanks for letting me share.

Over ASJ here. Brown is a huge pickup for them and they should be in ball control tonight. 

Right? Please? 

Meh.

Starting over Devonte Booker.  With Ajayi, Alex Collins, Zach Ertz, and Tyrell Hill on Bye, my bench was stretched real thin. 

Just dumped him to waivers for Sanu

If I couldn't start him with confidence in this game, I wasn't going to hold onto him at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking of picking up and starting over Crowell/Cohen... but not sure I can bring myself to do it. he's always run like garbage behind this OL. What's going to change against a fairly good AZ run defense? 

Against AZ Rawls averages for his career (2 games) a blistering 10 carries for 13.5 yards

Thinking of picking up and starting over Crowell and Cohen... but not sure I can bring myself to do it. he's always run like garbage behind this OL. What's going to change against a fairly good AZ run defense? 

Against AZ Rawls averages for his career (2 games) a blistering 10 carries for 13.5 yards
What’s changed is the dude on the line they got from Houston in the trade last week, and that this is the first game all season without Lacy and Carson to split carries. Game flow looks to me like Seahawks jump to an early lead and run out the clock with Rawls.  Plus he’s likely to get any/all goalline work. I like his chances better this week than at any time all season. It’s now or never. 

What’s changed is the dude on the line they got from Houston in the trade last week, and that this is the first game all season without Lacy and Carson to split carries. Game flow looks to me like Seahawks jump to an early lead and run out the clock with Rawls.  Plus he’s likely to get any/all goalline work. I like his chances better this week than at any time all season. It’s now or never. 
Good points. Not sure if 1 OL is going to make a huge difference (it certainly helps). AZ has the 11th best rushing defense. Just screams another 10/35 effort from Rawls with McKissic getting like 8 receptions... Goal line is an obvious plus. I can see how it's attractive. Certainly more than Cohen this week for me who is a backup used less and less over the last few weeks. Or even Crowell who has had 1 good game so far. Not sure where I stand here TBH. Right now I like Crowell more. 

Good points. Not sure if 1 OL is going to make a huge difference (it certainly helps). AZ has the 11th best rushing defense. Just screams another 10/35 effort from Rawls with McKissic getting like 8 receptions... Goal line is an obvious plus. I can see how it's attractive. Certainly more than Cohen this week for me who is a backup used less and less over the last few weeks. Or even Crowell who has had 1 good game so far. Not sure where I stand here TBH. Right now I like Crowell more. 
Don't forget who is the starting QB for Arizona. Should keep the score close or a lead for SEA. That should be a positive game script for Rawls.

sigh... you guys are going to talk me into starting Rawls. I guess what could it hurt, worst case scenario he performs the same as Crowell has all season I guess. Best case is he gets a pair of TDs and 15+ points

starting Kupp over Rawls... not so Bold Prediction: Wilson out-rushes and out-scores him (rushing TDs)

Debating putting him in at flex instead of Chris Thompson in PPR. Talk me off that ledge. 

I only have Rawls or Doyle/Clay for a flex spot this week.....Im still undecided but Im sure I will pick wrong :D

One OL jumped them from 31st to 11th in offensive line according to PFF. 

Everything I'm reading says to sit Rawls this week... except this thread which is the most promising thing on the internet about Rawls week 10 TBH

Picked up in hopes he can be useful next week to cover bye... He Went unclaimed in two competitive 12 team leagues waiver run this week

General TNF ugliness + NFC West matchup = Too high of a risk of defensive struggle for my taste

Last thing I want is to be staring in helpless futility at a 5-spot for three days..

There hasn't been one decent game for a sea rb yet this season.  Not one.

It won't start tonight on a Thursday vs a good arz def

There hasn't been one decent game for a sea rb yet this season.  Not one.

It won't start tonight on a Thursday vs a good arz def
Yeah this is where I'm at. Sure, their OL has a much better player on it. Sure he has no one but mckissic to complete with for touches. Sure AZ looks horrid. 

But at the end of the day, this is still a Seattle RB. 

Not biting on this one. If I get burned, fine, but I feel better about Crowell and Abdullah ( :X  I know, I have Ajayi and Collins on bye) than I do about putting in Rawls

Yeah this is where I'm at. Sure, their OL has a much better player on it. Sure he has no one but mckissic to complete with for touches. Sure AZ looks horrid. 

But at the end of the day, this is still a Seattle RB. 

Not biting on this one. If I get burned, fine, but I feel better about Crowell and Abdullah ( :X  I know, I have Ajayi and Collins on bye) than I do about putting in Rawls
Prob the right play

And arz def is better than average

I'm starting him as well but it's not over anyone else.  With byes and Mike evans suspended, it's a plug and play situation

I like the potential though.  Arizona's D is alright but their offense could be terrible against seattle's d which really opens up the chances of a 1 yard plunge for a td

Elliot. Tough choice there...  :kicksrock:

Starting Rawls over Henry, Morris, Rod Smith, and Drake. Yes, I'm stock pilling mediocrity. The Seattle homer in me picked Rawls. 

In a bit of a quandary actually here. With bye's piling up plus injuries, my only options are Martin, Forte, Dez and this guy and I need to pick two. Forte and/or Dez may not even play this week. Hate being forced to start a dude I don't feel like I can trust yet.

In a bit of a quandary actually here. With bye's piling up plus injuries, my only options are Martin, Forte, Dez and this guy and I need to pick two. Forte and/or Dez may not even play this week. Hate being forced to start a dude I don't feel like I can trust yet.
I'm in a similar boat. Hilton was added to the injnury report due to a groin injury, and Dez is still in the air. I need one to play this week... if neither do I'm kind of screwed and then maybe I'd wish I had played Rawls. I just can't trust a Seattle RB when the trend has been terrible...

If you start Rawls and he sucks, you're kicking yourself wondering what the heck, of course, all SEA RBS have been terrible
If you bench Rawls and he goes off I think you can live with that decision a bit more, as history would support it

I'm in a similar boat. Hilton was added to the injnury report due to a groin injury, and Dez is still in the air. I need one to play this week... if neither do I'm kind of screwed and then maybe I'd wish I had played Rawls. I just can't trust a Seattle RB when the trend has been terrible...

If you start Rawls and he sucks, you're kicking yourself wondering what the heck, of course, all SEA RBS have been terrible
If you bench Rawls and he goes off I think you can live with that decision a bit more, as history would support it
History favors the bold.

Have to agree, i'm likely keeping him benched. If he does play well, there's hope for the remainder and some decent matchups to come. If he sucks, at least he didn't pollute your lineup.

ARI hasn't really been all that tough of a match-up from a fantasy perspective recently and game flow should be in SEA's favor. I honestly don't hate the start. I think it all depends on how much work Prosise gets. 

Users who are viewing this thread