What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I had dinner with Samuel L Jackson last night (1 Viewer)

JuniorNB

Footballguy
My girl and I went to this nice place for dinner last night in Allentown, PA.   We decided to site at the bar afterwards and enjoy a glass of their sangria (this particular place's specialty). While sitting there, a guy walks up to my left and makes a joking remark to the female bartender. She says , "Oh my God. I'm so embarrassed". This guy replies by saying she acted fine and has nothing to be embarrassed about. 

He looked and sounded just like Samuel L, so I asked her. She said, 'Yes. He's filming a M. Night Shyamalan (sp/) movie at a closed Hospital in town'.  Apparently, he's staying in the hotel across the street and he ran into this bartender the night before at a different spot and she was pretty wasted.  Anyway, he went back to his table (with two other unknown guys) and finished his dinner literally 15 feet from me. I was contemplating requesting a picture, but didn't want to be 'that guy' and bother him. 

When they left, they walked past us and I made eye contact and gave him a subtle cool-guy "Hey". He winked and said hey back. It was quite a moment.  lol   The funny thing was, it was a pretty fancy place and people were dressed in business attire or nice going-out clothes and he had on a sweat suit and kangol cap.  Reports are, Bruce Willis and James McAvoy are also in town for the movie shoot, but they were nowhere to be found last night. 

you and the woman should have robbed the joint. opportunity failed

YOUNG WOMAN
                         I love you, Pumpkin.

YOUNG MAN
                         I love you, Honey Bunny.

you and the woman should have robbed the joint. opportunity failed

YOUNG WOMAN
                         I love you, Pumpkin.

YOUNG MAN
                         I love you, Honey Bunny.
I would have pulled him over and said "Yeah, but bacon taste goood, pork chops taste gooood."

Don’t be the guy that asks for a pic. You handled this fine (except the thread title).  And if you run into Bruce give him a wide birth. He’s a d bag. 

Unbreakable sequel?  

I live an hour from Allentown so I had dinner almost near SLJ then. Awesome, let me go post this to Facebook immediately!

After a Ziggy Marley show I was parked across the street at a hotel waiting for my buddies.  I guess it was my VW bus that attracted Ziggy Marley's stage manager that approached me and asked if I had any weed.  I only had one joint left so I offered to share.  We went back to the Double Tree and took the elevator up to Ziggy's floor.  When the elevator door opened Ziggy Marley was standing there.  He is really short.  The stage manager asked him if he wanted to join us and he declined so I ended up getting high with Ziggy Marley's stage manager.  Crazy thing was there was some really good black tar hash going around at the time.  But I didn't have any.  If I would have had a vile of that stuff I would have been Ziggy's best friend that night.  

Don’t be the guy that asks for a pic. You handled this fine (except the thread title).  And if you run into Bruce give him a wide birth. He’s a d bag. 

Unbreakable sequel?  
I'm guessing so.  Shyamalan said he had a screenplay for a sequel to unbreakable and split.  Supposedly the two movies are shot in the same universe and they're now going to merge.  Makes sense if James McAvoy is there too since he starred in Split.

Back in the e 80s, I celebrated a wresting victory with Andre The Giant over the Masked Superstar. The place was packed so after the match we went down a back stairwell instead of following the herd. We made eye contact with the big guy.

you should have mentioned the role joe paterno had with jerry sandusky to him to give him a little local flavor take that to the bank brohan 

After a Ziggy Marley show I was parked across the street at a hotel waiting for my buddies.  I guess it was my VW bus that attracted Ziggy Marley's stage manager that approached me and asked if I had any weed.  I only had one joint left so I offered to share.  We went back to the Double Tree and took the elevator up to Ziggy's floor.  When the elevator door opened Ziggy Marley was standing there.  He is really short.  The stage manager asked him if he wanted to join us and he declined so I ended up getting high with Ziggy Marley's stage manager.  Crazy thing was there was some really good black tar hash going around at the time.  But I didn't have any.  If I would have had a vile of that stuff I would have been Ziggy's best friend that night.  
The first liar never stands a chance. 

My uncle's step-sister's neighbor's dog lives on the same street as the former backup drummer for the band Ambrosia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife and I were invited to join Cypress Hill to hang with them on their tour bus after the hotel bar closed.

Some may know I have a weakness for the green... and OMG did they knock my socks off on that front. Pretty cool dudes.

B-real was trying to hit on the wife a little, albeit respectively. In return she grabbed his black Raiders cap which we still own today.

OK

Back in the e 80s, I celebrated a wresting victory with Andre The Giant over the Masked Superstar. The place was packed so after the match we went down a back stairwell instead of following the herd. We made eye contact with the big guy.
Was it near Pittsburgh? I may have been with you. 

Users who are viewing this thread