What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Egg Thread & Poll (1 Viewer)

How d'ya want 'em Hon?

• Hard boiled

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Soft boiled

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Hard scrambled

Votes: 16 14.0%
  • Soft scrambled

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Sunny side up

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Over easy

Votes: 55 48.2%
  • Over hard

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Poached

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Hold the eggs

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
If someone else is making them (ie: on a flattop at a diner) fried/over easy always.

If I'm making for myself, scrambled cuz it's easier to get right.
Flipping an over easy egg without breaking the yolk isn't that difficult.  Unless you have hangover shakes, in which case you probably should be laying off over easy eggs in the first place.

Flipping an over easy egg without breaking the yolk isn't that difficult.  Unless you have hangover shakes, in which case you probably should be laying off over easy eggs in the first place.
No, not necessarily difficult but I'm a man, so I need more than 1 egg. I don't want to cook 3 separate eggs and trying to cook 3 over easy on one pan and flipping all without breaking any is too difficult to be worth it. 

Shakshuka is awesome!
I'm an over easy guy who prefers his eggs still chirping.  Mrs. Eephus is a wonderful woman but she can't abide a runny yolk.  I knew this when I married her but didn't anticipate how tough it would be to find any sort of middle ground on a dish involving multiple eggs.  She'll even put her half of an omelet in the microwave on occasion.  I put up with her because she always gives me her ramen egg.

By the way, when did over easy suddenly mean uncooked, runny whites?

When I was a yout, over easy meant cooked whites, runny yolks.  Nowadays, I have to order over medium in order to get cooked whites and runny yolks.  Over medium didn't even exist a few years ago to my knowledge.  I don't know if this is a Florida thing or a nationwide epidemic.  I know it's the same deal in Georgia, haven't ordered fried eggs anywhere else recently.

I last ate a prepared egg on Thanksgiving Day, 1961. Their viscosity makes me gag, the sulfurity makes me heave.

My father, a 10th generation Vermont subsistence farmer, thought my disdain for the ova which sustained his family when all else failed was Communistic in extremis. Eight AM he instructed my mother to fry (the most difficult form for me to ingest) two eggs and place them in front of me.

"You're sitting there (at attention) til they're et. No turkey, no stuffing, no cranberry, no pie, no nuthin."

I sat there in front of them, did not speak, gesture, slouch. Stared at the wall as dishes were cleared, reset for banquet, guests arrived, sympathizers squoze my shoulder, Thanksgiving feast served, consumed, taken down. Guests gone, baby sister put to bed. 

An hour after my regular bedtime, my 13th hour at the table, "Go to bed" said my father and nodded for ma to take the plate away. I was never served an egg again. Cuffed each time i mentioned my triumph after that day, 92yo father stills looks like he wants to anytime i refer to the occasion in his presence, which i now regularly do.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, when did over easy suddenly mean uncooked, runny whites?

When I was a yout, over easy meant cooked whites, runny yolks.  Nowadays, I have to order over medium in order to get cooked whites and runny yolks.  Over medium didn't even exist a few years ago to my knowledge.  I don't know if this is a Florida thing or a nationwide epidemic.  I know it's the same deal in Georgia, haven't ordered fried eggs anywhere else recently.
How the hell do you get runny whites when they are over easy?  Just by flipping the eggs they should cook the whites.  From NYC and over easy means you take sunny side up and flip them for about a minute so that yolks are still runny when served.    

The best egg is a devilled egg, followed by a pickled egg

Poached on toast for breakfast for me

Last edited by a moderator:
How the hell do you get runny whites when they are over easy?  Just by flipping the eggs they should cook the whites.  From NYC and over easy means you take sunny side up and flip them for about a minute so that yolks are still runny when served.    
Way too long. I flip and remove from heat, and leave in the pan for about 15 seconds.

I'm an over easy guy.  I like it a little runny, but sunny side up is a little too much for me.

But eephus - I question whether or not this is an official thread.  I'd like to see your documentation.

Depends what I'm having with them but I'll go over easy for general use

Poached probably my favorite and soft boiled very good too

I can take or leave scrambled 

ScottNorwood said:
I'm an over easy guy.  I like it a little runny, but sunny side up is a little too much for me.

But eephus - I question whether or not this is an official thread.  I'd like to see your documentation.
The certificate was stamped on the shell but I threw it away

I voted poached egg because I love it that way in ramen.

But for breakfast I'll take it fried over medium. Although, as @Evilgrin 72 mentioned, the doneness spectrum seems to have shifted over the years. I should probably order them over hard to get the yolk just slightly molten soft in the center.

If I'm being fancy, I'll order a Scotch egg. Which looks like something invented by EpicMealTime.

Why no option for all of the above?

From mayonnaise to deviled, what's not to like about eggs. 

Redwes25 said:
I'm from NJ and that was always the case. Last few years, every time I order over easy, the white isn't entirely cooked, maybe 80 percent cooked. Still some watery white on it, which I find gross. It's as if they flip it for 5 or 10 seconds. Over medium comes out how over easy used to be. 

Harry Manback said:
No, not necessarily difficult but I'm a man, so I need more than 1 egg. I don't want to cook 3 separate eggs and trying to cook 3 over easy on one pan and flipping all without breaking any is too difficult to be worth it. 
Just need a skinny spatula.

My Grandma used to fry them in butter sunny side up but she'd put a little water in the pan and cover with a lid. When they were done the top of the yoke would be purple instead of yellow. But the runny yoke inside was yellow. 

I'm from NJ and that was always the case. Last few years, every time I order over easy, the white isn't entirely cooked, maybe 80 percent cooked. Still some watery white on it, which I find gross. It's as if they flip it for 5 or 10 seconds. Over medium comes out how over easy used to be. 
You order them in any diner in ny/nj you get them the right way. Not with runny whites. Want runny whites order them sunny side up. 

You order them in any diner in ny/nj you get them the right way. Not with runny whites. Want runny whites order them sunny side up. 
That was always my experience too. Last few years it's been different, but it seems the difference may be regional rather than national. Definitely a recent change, though.

I make 16 scrambled eggs once a week on Sunday mornings, eat about two that morning, then save the rest in the fridge for the remainder of the week, heating some up each morning to save me some time. Is this gross?

I make 16 scrambled eggs once a week on Sunday mornings, eat about two that morning, then save the rest in the fridge for the remainder of the week, heating some up each morning to save me some time. Is this gross?
Yes

They are scrambled eggs. It’s not like you’re whipping up a nice risotto. They are easy to make So why pre-make them for the week?

Users who are viewing this thread