What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Online Lineup/Waiver+Trade Dominators for subscribers: beta version! (1 Viewer)

Simon Shepherd

Footballguy
Hey all,

Since we launched our Lineup Dominator and Waiver & Trade Dominator apps to the app stores this year, a frequently asked question was if they'd be available online too.

That was very much the plan and they are now available in beta form - and we'd love your feedback!

Here's the link: https://my.footballguys.com

We've put a lot more work on top of the two apps here to make them both a) as presentable as possible on larger screens and b) working in ways that are familiar to our subscribers (e.g. 10 second primer is here, and improved on the site version)

Our version here is the next generation of MyFBG, for subscribers (Insider PRO and Insider PRO Plus), online. This will be in beta test mode through the end of the year - please give us your feedback here or using the feedback button on the page.

For sure we've made errors in the way we've launched things in the past, so please know this before you dig in:

• This is a beta test. It's not a formal part of Footballguys at this point. So unlike all our other products, where help is through our dedicated support center at sportsguys.zendesk.com, we want your feedback in this thread
  • I and the rest of the team are really receptive to feedback, suggestions, alterations etc. From now until week 17, I'm looking to work with anyone who gives us feedback to address it in the product. I may take detailed issues to PMs to stop this thread getting too clogged up.
  • If you're reporting bugs, please let us know:

your FBG username
  • your browser and version
  • a step-by-step description of what happened

[*]There are no current plans to shut down MyFBG in its form as you guys know it. That said, if there's a reason why you prefer the old system over this new one, please let me know. We want this new version to work for everyone at least as well as MyFBG.

If you'd like more details on what is available at the link above, here is what each app can do...

Lineup Dominator

• 10 second primer next generation: shows a single consensus lineup and how each of Tremblay, Bloom, Dodds etc disagree with that.
  • Deeper matchup analysis: drill down to one league and optimize to win % (dependent on if you're the favourite or the underdog, and which players are in which games). Get charts for win % chance, points by time, free agent blocking etc.
  • Weekly rankings: highlight owners, chance projection balances, sort by projectors, strength of schedule etc
  • Schedule: see all the matchups in your league this week or all your matchups for the whole season using Bob Henry's rest of season numbers
Waiver & Trade Dominator

• Roster: view Sigmund Bloom's stock up/down report for your roster. See power rankings for your league, and compare your points at each position and on your bench versus the league average. Get news reports for your roster.
  • WW/FA: Bloom's waiver report filtered down to free agents for your league. Available free agents as per our projections, ordered by how much they would specifically help your team's projected points each week (weekly weights available to change the balance of each week in these calculations)
  • Trade: search for trades. The app will recommend the best trades with each other team in your league. Evaluate trades that have been offered to you; find players who are good trade targets and construct offers for them.
  • Season Rankings:  Bob's rest of year numbers for your league. Again you can highlight teams and use the weekly weights here.

We do have a list of things we're adding (highest priority is syncing rosters, lineup settings and schedule from league sites) but we hope you guys can give us more to think about!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Buddy.

As Simon said (that never gets old), we're stoked about this new feature. For you guys that are Insider PRO and PRO Plus subscribers, kick the tires and let us know what you think. 

If you've got something that's not working, please let us know here and give as much detail as possible. We don't do customer service on the forums, as we have a dedicated help system for that. But this is BETA testing and we'd like get your opinion and feedback here. 

Thanks.

Bump ... and a question?

Is there a way to sync all of your leagues with one click?  There used to be a sync all leagues link but now it looks like you have to sync them individually.

Bump ... and a question?

Is there a way to sync all of your leagues with one click?  There used to be a sync all leagues link but now it looks like you have to sync them individually.
Hey @wakelawyer - not right now - but what we are planning for next year, is to sync them automatically as soon as you visit the site. That way, you never need to do anything manually. For 5 secs you might see old data for the first league you're looking at, but as soon as the sync finished it'd update.

At the moment, leagues sync automatically each week after waivers. We need to replace that with the above proposal; it's tough to run both simultaneously though so for 2018 we'll switch to that.

Each view in this new app does have manual sync buttons under the Settings button.

When using the link with an iPad, the link takes me to an add to purchase the app. How do I access the web version, when using an iPad?

thanks guys, looking good so far. one potential bug and one question. I'm doing this on a computer, not on a mobile device.

FBG User: pfcommish

Windows 7 Pro, two browsers used with same behavior: Firefox 52.4.1 64bit and Chrome 62.0.3202.89 64bit

Potential Bug: I have my CBS league linked and it shows up. But, when I go into the 10 Second Primer screen, there is an error message that states "Your best ball leagues (league name) are not listed here. If you do make your lineup decisions in these leagues, please turn "Best Ball" off from league settings." I checked the Edit My League link to the left and the Settings link on top of the page and I am not seeing this Best Ball option. Is this suppose to mean my league settings in CBS? Which is also not a best ball league.

Question: In the Schedules page, it looks like I need to set the matchups here manually. But for a brief second I thought I saw the "Loading" message. Is this page suppose to sync with my CBS schedule data? Matchups page works fine after I set the schedule manually for a given week.

As far as this potentially replacing MyFBG, will you be adding links to the rankings page, such a the cheatsheet and the top 200, on this? I would assume every content available on MyFBG will eventually end up on this site.

very nice site, no bugs found somewhere, will be using this over myFBG rest of season except for missing features like top 200 forward

your FBG username--thegamedx

your browser and version--Internet explorer 11

a step-by-step description of what happened--Opponent actual starting lineup for week 10 not accurate. Shows opponent starting CJ Prosise and Tyreek Hill, neither of which is accurate. Not showing my actual starting lineup accurately either.

your FBG username--thegamedx

your browser and version--Internet explorer 11

a step-by-step description of what happened--Opponent actual starting lineup for week 10 not accurate. Shows opponent starting CJ Prosise and Tyreek Hill, neither of which is accurate. Not showing my actual starting lineup accurately either.
Which league is that for and what should the lineups be?

did you try syncing?

thanks for all the comments so far I’ve read them all and will be making changes tomorrow when I’ll report back!

Which league is that for and what should the lineups be?

did you try syncing?

thanks for all the comments so far I’ve read them all and will be making changes tomorrow when I’ll report back!
WLBF. Should be Brady, Gordon, Burkhead, Jones, Desean, Goodwin, Dickson, Cowboys, Prater. He has changed it a few times but Prosise has never been in there, nor has Tyreek Hill. Mine's not correct either as its showing my actual having Corey Davis and he's not in (yet!)

FYI guys this is offline for today at least, and will be back online tomorrow or later in the week. We're just making some changes and improving the infrastructure that stores all the user data. I'll post here when it's back!

Ok guys this is back online. I have made lots of improvements!

• when you select a player, it will display the player's tab most relevant to the list you selected him from. E.g. if on weekly rankings, it'll show you the breakdown of his points for the week. But from a trade screen, how he will help your roster etc.
  • some cleaning up in performance, not hitting some unnecessary routes when data isn't available
  • showing warnings when you're viewing lists that are powered by Bob Henry's rest of season numbers, but we haven't yet published those to the site for this week
  • bug fixes for when matchups are settled to 100% certainty: having the matchup analysis graphs still display correctly and win % numbers say 100% and 0% rather than just being blank
  • improvements to the by time graph on Matchup => Analysis. I cut out all the useless time periods, e.g. between the end of Thursday night football and the Sunday 1pm games. Still very much looking for feedback on this chart and screen.
  • improved tab UI for desktop: active tab now underlined, and tab font size increased.

WLBF. Should be Brady, Gordon, Burkhead, Jones, Desean, Goodwin, Dickson, Cowboys, Prater. He has changed it a few times but Prosise has never been in there, nor has Tyreek Hill. Mine's not correct either as its showing my actual having Corey Davis and he's not in (yet!)
thanks; a separate developer handles the league integration and I've raised this with him.

thanks guys, looking good so far. one potential bug and one question. I'm doing this on a computer, not on a mobile device.

FBG User: pfcommish

Windows 7 Pro, two browsers used with same behavior: Firefox 52.4.1 64bit and Chrome 62.0.3202.89 64bit

Potential Bug: I have my CBS league linked and it shows up. But, when I go into the 10 Second Primer screen, there is an error message that states "Your best ball leagues (league name) are not listed here. If you do make your lineup decisions in these leagues, please turn "Best Ball" off from league settings." I checked the Edit My League link to the left and the Settings link on top of the page and I am not seeing this Best Ball option. Is this suppose to mean my league settings in CBS? Which is also not a best ball league.

Question: In the Schedules page, it looks like I need to set the matchups here manually. But for a brief second I thought I saw the "Loading" message. Is this page suppose to sync with my CBS schedule data? Matchups page works fine after I set the schedule manually for a given week.

As far as this potentially replacing MyFBG, will you be adding links to the rankings page, such a the cheatsheet and the top 200, on this? I would assume every content available on MyFBG will eventually end up on this site.
@Pigskin Fanatic Ok, so I think on the potential bug, what's missing is the ability for you to edit whether or not the league is bestball/draftmaster. Bizarrely that's only been something editable from the draft dominator previously! It's now editable from the edit leagues screen here too.

On adding links to the ranking page: the weekly cheat sheets should be identical to Lineup Dominator => Week Rankings. If there's a difference there I'm missing, please let me know! Preseason cheat sheets will be handled by the Draft Dominator. The top 200 is there under Waiver/Trade => Season Rankings although broken down by position right now - that's next up on the list!

Bump ... and a question?

@wakelawyer 

In the future, I'm going to have this auto-sync each league as soon as you set it to the active league - if it hasn't been synced in the last hour. So as soon as you go from one league to another, it'll sync, if it needs to, at that time.

I've also added a Sync All button! It's under the Settings menu on the 10 second primer. That's the only place where all your leagues are viewed at the same time with analysis of some kind; so the only place where a sync all is really needed.

@wakelawyer 

In the future, I'm going to have this auto-sync each league as soon as you set it to the active league - if it hasn't been synced in the last hour. So as soon as you go from one league to another, it'll sync, if it needs to, at that time.

I've also added a Sync All button! It's under the Settings menu on the 10 second primer. That's the only place where all your leagues are viewed at the same time with analysis of some kind; so the only place where a sync all is really needed.
Thank you -- a lot.  This saves me a ton of time.

@wakelawyer 

The Sync All is a great feature. while auto-sync would be ideal, the "sync all" is, at least, a very good stop gap. 

Thanks again Simon

@Pigskin Fanatic Ok, so I think on the potential bug, what's missing is the ability for you to edit whether or not the league is bestball/draftmaster. Bizarrely that's only been something editable from the draft dominator previously! It's now editable from the edit leagues screen here too.

On adding links to the ranking page: the weekly cheat sheets should be identical to Lineup Dominator => Week Rankings. If there's a difference there I'm missing, please let me know! Preseason cheat sheets will be handled by the Draft Dominator. The top 200 is there under Waiver/Trade => Season Rankings although broken down by position right now - that's next up on the list!
Thanks Shep, the option is in the Settings now and it works. Everything else about the site so far so good.

I noticed that the 10 Second Primer page and the Matchups page automatically picks up on players in my waiver who might be a better start than my own players based on FBG projections. Gonna love that feature early in the season if I happen to miss out on a news somewhere. I can see this tool being my one stop shop on those busy weeks when I forget my priorities. :thumbup:

Editing to add, I just got a chance to look in detail the analysis pages. Good stuff and LOL@ "FA Blocking" page. Well played on the naming of the section.

About to deploy these changes:

• more tweaks to the Time matchup analysis chart
  • improvements to UI on 10 second primer for readability
  • hiding the button that switches displayed columns, if all columns are already displayed
  • using subtle colors in SOS ranks, so it's clear (from the perspective of your players playing these defenses) 1st = good and 32nd = not good
  • fix for Ryan Fitzpatrick turning into Ryan Fitzmagic in week 12 (never gonna happen)
  • lists of players should now refresh after syncing rosters
  • if stores don't load after 20 secs, a pleasant error message is now shown rather than "loading..." forever
  • adding last 6 weeks, points per game so far and total points so far to roster-based player lists
  • sorted column indicator is now clearer
Firefox display is currently a nightmare but I think their latest browser release is horrific (from a developer-perspective) so I will give them a month or so to clean it up before spending time fixing all their errors.

Please keep the feedback coming! This is an ideal time to get your suggestions implemented! August/September we rarely have time nor want to be taking risks of changing stuff. I have the next couple of weeks still to work on this and only a week's worth or so of issues and features.

Same for me on my iPhone 
Thanks; I'll make this clearer on the page it redirects you to, but this online version is for desktop/laptops only. For mobile devices, the mobile apps are what you need to use (but they are currently $0.99 each so you can't go far wrong there!)

About to deploy these changes:

• more tweaks to the Time matchup analysis chart
  • improvements to UI on 10 second primer for readability
  • hiding the button that switches displayed columns, if all columns are already displayed
  • using subtle colors in SOS ranks, so it's clear (from the perspective of your players playing these defenses) 1st = good and 32nd = not good
  • fix for Ryan Fitzpatrick turning into Ryan Fitzmagic in week 12 (never gonna happen)
  • lists of players should now refresh after syncing rosters
  • if stores don't load after 20 secs, a pleasant error message is now shown rather than "loading..." forever
  • adding last 6 weeks, points per game so far and total points so far to roster-based player lists
  • sorted column indicator is now clearer
Firefox display is currently a nightmare but I think their latest browser release is horrific (from a developer-perspective) so I will give them a month or so to clean it up before spending time fixing all their errors.

Please keep the feedback coming! This is an ideal time to get your suggestions implemented! August/September we rarely have time nor want to be taking risks of changing stuff. I have the next couple of weeks still to work on this and only a week's worth or so of issues and features.
Glad you mentioned this. I just checked this out and the Firefox display is horrendous. From what I can decipher I like the feature though.

Thanks; I'll make this clearer on the page it redirects you to, but this online version is for desktop/laptops only. For mobile devices, the mobile apps are what you need to use (but they are currently $0.99 each so you can't go far wrong there!)
Got it. I’m a little slow on the uptake sometimes.  :loco:

KingPrawn said:
Glad you mentioned this. I just checked this out and the Firefox display is horrendous. From what I can decipher I like the feature though.
If this was a non-beta app, I'd be scrambling around trying to fix it. But instead I'm going to optimistically hope they can sort it out! Never a good thing for a browser when all the others including microsoft browsers display it fine...

some more improvements at https://my.footballguys.com

• 10 second primer fixes for WR/TE combined leagues and other minor fixes
  • default weekly weight to 0 for week 17
  • shows up to 5 alternative FAs on the primer now (rather than 1)
  • legend for 10 second primer added
  • 10 second primer now even easier to read than before
  • rest of year forward rankings across all positions - new optimal algorithm for this
  • stats to date under Season Rankings - sortable by any stat, across all positions
Please check it out and give me your feedback! thanks

Users who are viewing this thread