What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Men are officially on notice and bro culture is dying (1 Viewer)

bosoxs45

Footballguy
Women are now speaking out against locker room talk, harassment and bro culture. Feminsm is now becoming more and more popular due to the Harvey Weinstein scandal.  How will you guys survive without making any sexist jokes?

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think a small percentage of men are responsible for 90% of the harassment, but it's pretty jarring to see how widespread it is. It's nauseating to see all the allegations coming out, but it's a watershed moment for victims. If people are no longer ashamed, no longer blaming themselves and feel emboldened to speak out, that can only be good. I hope it continues so that the risk of exposure is so great that it becomes a rare thing. 

y'all let this in by letting your women run your lives. you think they got jobs but still did the lion's share of running the house cuz theyre nice?!

Not exactly sure what "bro culture" is exactly, but this is having zero impact on my life. I treat women with respect, but see no reason why I can't joke around with my guy friends like I always have. My sense of humor is a lot of really extreme, graphic, shock-value type stuff but people who really know me know it's shtick. And with my wife, it's always been a 50/50 deal based on mutual respect and accountability. Nothing has changed on that front. I don't ever see her taking an opportunity like this to start trying to ##### whip me and I think she knows it wouldn't work anyway. 

If you're an honorable man there's no reason to feel threatened in any way by this stuff. These are all positive developments imo. Women have been getting shat on forever, and we were delusional to think things were significantly better now than 20 or 30 years ago.

Not exactly sure what "bro culture" is exactly, but this is having zero impact on my life. I treat women with respect, but see no reason why I can't joke around with my guy friends like I always have. My sense of humor is a lot of really extreme, graphic, shock-value type stuff but people who really know me know it's shtick. And with my wife, it's always been a 50/50 deal based on mutual respect and accountability. Nothing has changed on that front. I don't ever see her taking an opportunity like this to start trying to ##### whip me and I think she knows it wouldn't work anyway. 

If you're an honorable man there's no reason to feel threatened in any way by this stuff. These are all positive developments imo. Women have been getting shat on forever, and we were delusional to think things were significantly better now than 20 or 30 years ago.
Pretty much this.  

I'm not a big ### or ##### grabber. I joke around with my buddies like most anyone else... probably a 5-7 on a scale of 10 with regards to graphic/chauvinist #### but it's all in good fun. All these guys respect their wives/girlfriends. Just how we've always been together (been buddies a long time). That ain't changing because it's in closed circles. 

My girl is laid back and appreciates good jokes as much as anyone. Hell, half the time she's joking along with us. She has a line and myself/friends know to never even approach it. Nothing at home changes. 

I don't see this as feminism growing more popular.  Just women standing up for what is right... which is always a good thing.  

I supervised a women's softball league two nights a week this past year due to an illness to my friend who is the regular supervisor. 

They would make a sailor blush!

..you mean besides the embodiment of that mentality being elected President? 

I don't consider myself officially on notice until I see it's ****OFFICIALLY**** on notice. 

I never truly believed that there were guys out there who were blatantly sexist to women in public. 

This all changed for me 2 weeks ago. A woman in our church small group shared with us that she’s thinking of leaving her job. She loves her job, is very good at it and makes about 80k a year. She’s the general manager of an office locally of a global company. This company sells and maintains high end industrial equipment. She’s the only female in an office of mostly 50+ year old men. Sales guys who are entrenched in the industry. 

She gets comments DAILY that are over the line.

‘Hey wear a nice low cut blouse tomorrow honey, we have a huge client meeting tomorrow. I think it would help!’

’My favorite look on you is when you wear that hard hat on site. I’ve got some great pictures of you that I love!’

Several guys hug her when saying hi. Weird shoulder rubs. Guys who ask if it’s her time of the month when she confronts them on their behavior etc.

I know she’s not lying. Her husband has heard these comments when he’s gone to company parties. He’s confronted the offending guys and their attitude is ‘Come on man. Just having a little fun!’

The other guys in our small group are in their 30s. Most of us work at medium to large companies. We all reacted with sorrow and shock. She’s emailed HR (which offices in a different state) but nothing has happened. She has dozens of emails she’s sent to these guys explaining why their behavior makes her uncomfortable. Nothing changes. 

So sad. 

Women also talk about hate banging Sarah Palin?
Not sure about that.  But women share EVERYTHING.  None of my friends know a thing about my wife's cooch.....but every one of her friends knows how big my wang is. 

......And not only because I show it off at parties. 

The other guys in our small group are in their 30s. Most of us work at medium to large companies. We all reacted with sorrow and shock. She’s emailed HR (which offices in a different state) but nothing has happened. She has dozens of emails she’s sent to these guys explaining why their behavior makes her uncomfortable. Nothing changes. 

So sad. 
If she saved copies of all the complaint emails to HR, she'd have a solid case for an employment practices law suit. A global company would surely have employment practices liability coverage to pay out a settlement. 

If she saved copies of all the complaint emails to HR, she'd have a solid case for an employment practices law suit. A global company would surely have employment practices liability coverage to pay out a settlement. 
Yeah we mentioned this. 

The issue is that many women feel bad about seeing these guys punished. She makes excuses for them. They’re older, they don’t mean any harm etc. Which is bull#### but she feels like she should find a way to just deal with it. 

My wife gets #### from her employees all the time that no guy ever would even though she has a degree from U of M and most them just have a HS diploma, she has worked in the company for 15 years and her dad is the owner. My SIL works in the whiskey business and no surprise, it's male dominated and run by hardcore bro a-holes. I can't even believe what she says about their corporate culture- it is unreal. 

Yeah we mentioned this. 

The issue is that many women feel bad about seeing these guys punished. She makes excuses for them. They’re older, they don’t mean any harm etc. Which is bull#### but she feels like she should find a way to just deal with it. 
The good thing about an EPLI claim is that the punishment would be focused on management/HR/corporate culture due to negligence. The guys will likely go through some training but the higher-ups would be the ones taking the financial hit. Hopefully, that will trigger a trickle down of change.

Also when my wife was 15 she worked at a party store/deli ran by a bunch of Italians. She said they would make the girls use the ladders to stock the high shelves and talk about their butts, used make jokes like "I think this girl deserves a raise, I know she's gave me a raise (points to crotch)". That was just everyday for the several 14-18 year old girls they employed. 

Not sure about that.  But women share EVERYTHING.  None of my friends know a thing about my wife's cooch.....but every one of her friends knows how big my wang is. 

......And not only because I show it off at parties. 
I know this to be true, but not real sure it's crude let alone as crude as which hole on Gal Gadot would you fill first.  Not that I've been a party to such disgusting locker room talk myself.  

I fault bro country. 
Hideous music.  So dumb.  Every bro country song must mention:

- Ice cold beer
- Women
- Trucks
- The man upstairs

Every single bro country song I've ever hard has mentions those four things.  What a stupid genre of music.  

Women are now speaking out against locker room talk, harassment and bro culture. Feminsm is now becoming more and more popular due to the Harvey Weinstein scandal.  How will you guys survive without making any sexist jokes?
When I think 'bro culture' Mark Wahlberg, The Rock, Vin Diesel come to mind... The guys getting accused of this stuff aren't really 'bro's' IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread