What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Veteran's day sales- bad form? (1 Viewer)

Veterans day is to honor all veterans. Memorial day is to honor the ones who sacrificed themselves. Those sales seem more distasteful to me.

Doesn't bother me at all. Doesn't impact my ability to visit the cemetery, say a prayer, help a veteran, donate to a cause, watch a war movie, or anything else I might want to do on those days.

I don't find it offensive at all.  Our soldiers have fought to preserve and protect lots of our rights and liberties--and commerce is one of them.  I agree with the above posters that giving veterans extra perks is even better.  

DallasDMac said:
No. And I really can't figure out the tie to mattresses.
Trust me, veterans are huge fans of good mattresses.

EYLive said:
Target is giving all Vets a 10% discount. Seems appropriate. 
Some stores like Lowe's and home Depot give discounts to active duty and retired every day. 

EYLive said:
Target is giving all Vets a 10% discount. Seems appropriate. 
Have no problem with this. I mostly thought the 27 emails i got offering me 15% off on select merchandise to be distasteful. 

I don't find it offensive at all.  Our soldiers have fought to preserve and protect lots of our rights and liberties--and commerce is one of them.  I agree with the above posters that giving veterans extra perks is even better.  
I doubt anyone, especially the OP, has any problem with giving perks to veterans on Veteran's Day. He is talking abut sales that have absolutely nothing to do with vets. Not that I am arguing with your opinion or any such thing. Just pointing out the distinction.

I doubt anyone, especially the OP, has any problem with giving perks to veterans on Veteran's Day. He is talking abut sales that have absolutely nothing to do with vets. Not that I am arguing with your opinion or any such thing. Just pointing out the distinction.
My point was that any commerce (not just commerce directed at vets) is something that our vets have and still fight for all of the time.  I think celebrating and promoting commerce on a day where we celebrate the people that have a major hand in our ability to conduct business is absolutely fine for anybody and everybody (not just the vets).   I don't find it distasteful at all.  On top of that--I think it's even better that some companies that take things a step further and give vets additional perks beyond what the average citizen gets during these sales.   

The only ones of these I ever find offensive are the 9 dollars and 11 cents off etc on 9/11. Those people are losers. 

Users who are viewing this thread