What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite Video Game Endings (1 Viewer)

GroveDiesel

Footballguy
WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD

I saw a similar discussion on Reddit and thought it was fun remembering some great endings to video games. So what are your favorite, or most impactful, endings to video games?

Two distinct ones come to mind for me:

-COD: Black Ops

Finding out that Reznov had died during the breakout and that my character (Mason) had been turned into a Soviet sleeper agent was super trippy

-Valiant Hearts: The Great War

Emile dying 

:(

The Last of Us - Saving Ellie and not telling her what really happened.

I'm not sure it was my favorite ending but it certainly was one of the most memorable endings of any game I've ever played.  That game was an emotional roller coaster.

Chrono Trigger was one of my favorite games and I loved how it had multiple endings depending on how you got to the final boss.

Contra III: The Aliens Wars.

I don't remember the ending being all the spectacular but it was certainly the most satisfying.  My friend and I played that game so much trying to beat it and when we finally did it was such a great feeling.  One of the hardest but enjoyable two player games.

NFS Porsche Edition - I remember this b/c it's been one of the few games I ever beat multiple times - loved this game.

Duke Nukem 3D ending was great but the whole game was just a lot of fun again, beat it multiple times because it was such a great game.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Last of Us.

I can't even really think of what would be #2.  Video games almost never stick the ending, even the ones with good stories overall.

Mass Effect 1

Metal Gear Solid

Resident Evil 2 - Full Ending (A+B)

Resident Evil 3

Mass Effect 2

Bioshock

Donkey Kong Country 2 - 100% ending

Super Mario Sunshine

Metroid Prime

Probably others too. Those are off the top of my head.

LA Noire. Only game I can ever remember I was on the verge of tears. I became pretty attached and related a lot to Phelps. Add on to that the sham funeral at the end and I was left sad, shocked, and pissed off.

Beyond Good and Evil was such a good game with a fantastic ending. That game stuck with me for a long time. Shame that it being on GameCube probably limited its audience.

Users who are viewing this thread