What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Live Music Broadcast TONIGHT - 11/23/2018 (1 Viewer)

Rhythmdoctor

Footballguy
Starting a new thread for a live broadcast later today or this evening.  Some of the FBGers who have tuned in for previous broadcasts include - @Willie Neslon, @rockaction, @NotSmart, @cap'n grunge, @Snoopy, @nirad3, @Das Boot, @Long Ball Larry to name a few and I apologize if I missed anyone.  Will post the link later, probably will do a live feed from Facebook.  Anyways, posting in advance in case anyone wants to tune in.  Best guess on time would be 7 or 8PM central time.  Will play a lot of original tunes as well as some covers. @Willie Neslon requested I learn "Life's Been Good" by Joe Walsh, so I will attempt that song.  Also, Love Hurts (Nazareth) will be played.  Probably a Dead song or two, some Neil Young, Modest Mouse.  Will be a great night of tunes, people!

Live Broadcast Link: LIVE 11/23/2018

Past threads:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/743508-live-music-broadcast-tonight/

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/757103-live-music-me-playing-instruments-for-whomever/

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/721791-live-music-all-day-long/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey RD, good to hear you are playing again tonight!

I might be out on the town tonight, I'll tune in for sure if I'm home, or later when I get home to see if you're still playing.

I especially want to hear your "Life's been good" rendition, is there a way to watch a replay in case I'm not home when you play that one?

Awesome to hear, NotSmart!  I will most likely go all night long with breaks so good chance I'm still playing late into the night.  May even start late.  Either way, I think I can record and/or broadcast.  I'll try to remember to record the Joe Walsh song!  Thanks for your interest!

Sounds great!

As a suggestion, adding FBG or FFA'er to the title might help with getting a few more people to click on the thread and tune in, e.g.:

FBG playing a Live Music Broadcast TONIGHT - 11/11/2017

Side note - I've been sick for a few days and it didn't occur to me that singing may be an issue.  That said, THE SHOW MUST GO ON.  I just tried singing Life's Been Good and it wasn't so good.  Nonetheless, I will overcome adversity and give it a go.  Don't hate me if I'm hacking and wheezing throughout.

To anyone else that happens to click on this thread, tune in and hear RD playing and singing live right now - link in the 1st post.

:thumbup:

Looks like you need a Facebook account.  :thumbdown:
I agree with this, I'd rather it wasn't on Facebook or anything you have to have an account for.

That said, I created a bogus facebook account in a couple of minutes so I can listen.

Wow, nicely done video.

And a new word for my vocabulary to boot!
lol, yeah.  So I invented that word like 10 or so years ago and have been sitting on it trying to think of a  good way to release it to the world.  As a songwriter, you'd think that would have been my first idea but it wasn't.  My buddy who is a producer in HW actually said 'why don't you write a song about your boybz? We could make a music video etc...'.  I was like, duh, yeah... why didn't I think of that??  So the song/video happened last fall.  I think we finally put it on the internet this past July.  Thanks for the kind words!  It means a lot.  Music is my main passion in life and I've made it a fun hobby over the years.

I'm also not a Facebooker.  I started this account just recently for my music persona.  I used to do Youtube broadcasts but now you have to download something and it's just not as easy.  Facebook is really simple and quick startup.  

Rhythmdoctor said:
lol, yeah.  So I invented that word like 10 or so years ago and have been sitting on it trying to think of a  good way to release it to the world.  As a songwriter, you'd think that would have been my first idea but it wasn't.  My buddy who is a producer in HW actually said 'why don't you write a song about your boybz? We could make a music video etc...'.  I was like, duh, yeah... why didn't I think of that??  So the song/video happened last fall.  I think we finally put it on the internet this past July.  Thanks for the kind words!  It means a lot.  Music is my main passion in life and I've made it a fun hobby over the years.
Congrats on inventing a word!

Seriously, it's a cool accomplishment - I've always wanted to do that ever since I read this book: Frindle

Congrats on inventing a word!

Seriously, it's a cool accomplishment - I've always wanted to do that ever since I read this book: Frindle
I hope your kindness gets you back 100 fold!  Thanks and I love your avatar.  Me and my son always laugh at that.  My local record store has a pin/button with that image and my son pointed it out to me.  So damn funny!!

If anyone finds themselves bored tonight with nothing to do, I think I may do another live show tonight. Just added a Guitar to my stable too, a 1973 Mossman Flint Hills. My family is out of town so I have nothing but time. If you’re at all interested, post here!

Some of the FBGers who have tuned in for previous broadcasts include - @Willie Neslon @rockaction@NotSmart @cap'n grunge @Snoopy@nirad3@Das Boot@Long Ball Larryto name a few and I apologize if I missed anyone.

I think I may do another live show tonight. Just added another new Guitar to my stable too, a 2018 Gibson J-45 Vintage. I'm flying solo on this Thanksgiving week.

Users who are viewing this thread