What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Davis Webb, QB, New York Giants (1 Viewer)

Flint Fireballs!

Footballguy
Decided to do some research on the kid in preparation for next season, actually.  In so doing I saw that he had no thread, so...let's do this.

You probably know as much about his NFL ability as the Giants do at this point and they are in position to draft another QB in the 1st. They are looking at a top 3 pick right now.

He's very intriguing. If the Giants don't draft a QB I think he is a good dynasty add.

Situation is great with all the weapons. Just a small matter of talent. 

Loved him before the draft, but once he fell to the third round he looks more like Schaub or Foles than an elite prospect.  And even though Eli is cooked it seems likely the Giants are going to use a high pick on a QB next year, so his path forward is probably messy even if he's good enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
It might behoove the Giants to give him some playing time if they're behind big in the 4th, just get a look like the Bills did with Peterman.

Dinsy Ejotuz said:
Loved him before the draft, but once he fell to the third round he looks more like Schaub or Foles than an elite prospect.  And even though Eli is cooked it seems likely the Giants are going to use a high pick on a QB next year, so his path forward is probably messy even if he's good enough.
If I'm the Giants I draft Barkley and give Webb a year to see what we've got then reevaluate in 2019 as need be. 

I don't think they have the luxury of drafting Barkley. Their OL blows and as good as Barkley has been, there are enough really good RBs to pick from later in the draft.
and then there's the whole RB in the Top 10 thing; not many worthy of that selection. not sure Barkley is. possibly top 10 but not top 3

So they gonna rotate him in with Geno? I plan on using a claim on him in dynasty. Could be starter next year.

Rotoworld take:

The Giants plan to give third-round rookie Davis Webb playing time at quarterback over the final five weeks.

The G-Men have benched Eli Manning, but for some reason, will first turn to Geno Smith. There's close to zero reason to believe Smith has any untapped upside, but perhaps coach Ben McAdoo wants to give Webb a week or two to mentally prepare. Webb was never overly impressive at Texas Tech or Cal, but is a plus athlete. He struggled with ball placement, something that's going to be an issue in the Giants' talent-less offense. Although this move signals the G-Men are moving on from Manning after the season, we wouldn't consider Webb a particularly strong candidate to be the 2018 starter.

Said this over in the Eli Manning thread but I should include it here:

Webb's upside is Shaun Hill. He physically looks the part and occasionally will come up with a great throw. But if you watch him for a long period of time you'll find that he's not the long-term answer. The Giants coaches probably already know this, which is why Geno Smith is starting ahead of him.

and then there's the whole RB in the Top 10 thing; not many worthy of that selection. not sure Barkley is. possibly top 10 but not top 3
The last three RBs taken in the top 10 were surely worth it: Gurley, Elliot and Fournette. If Barkley is at their level he could be worth it - although there's little chance the Giants would pass on a QB for him (and they shouldn't), so from that perspective I agree.

The last three RBs taken in the top 10 were surely worth it: Gurley, Elliot and Fournette. If Barkley is at their level he could be worth it - although there's little chance the Giants would pass on a QB for him (and they shouldn't), so from that perspective I agree.
Yes, those 3 were definitely worthy. I recall a big debate on whether Fournette was worthy of a top 10 selection prior to the draft, and many people brought up the fact that you "shouldn't" pick a RB top 10 unless it's something along the lines of a generational RB such as LT. Not sure Gurley is, although he is a "franchise RB." Elliot is IMO. Fournette I will say looks the part so far but I would say his "grade" is "incomplete" for now 

I have no idea if Barkley is considered in this kind of conversation. 

New York Giants Mandatory Minicamp: Notes And Takeaways From Day 1

Excerpt:

Quarterback Update

For those who were expecting a battle this year between Davis Webb and rookie Kyle Lauletta, well, there doesn’t appear to be such a battle right now.

Lauletta, as has previously been noted, is trying to get his feet wet and adjust to the speed of the NFL level whereas Webb is literally light years ahead not just of the rookie but where Webb himself was at this point last year.

Lauletta’s biggest challenge is in making the reads in the short window that’s afforded to him. As a result, he holds onto the ball longer than probably desired which, if he doesn’t start speeding things up, could lead to him absorbing a lot of sacks.

And as probably expected, Lauletta comes up with several “safe throws of the short and intermediate routes, putting just enough zip on the ball to get it through.

His deep passes have run hot and cold for the most part as he continues to build up a sense of timing with hitting his receivers in stride. With all that said, Lauletta is certainly not a bust—he is a rookie quarterback who is trying to get the game to slow down.

Webb not only has the strongest arm of the quarterbacks in camp, once he gets into a groove—and it sometimes takes a few incomplete passes for him to find that groove—his throws are breath-taking. He not only seems to have grasped back-shoulder throws, he’s also taken a few more calculated risks with throwing balls into tight windows and hitting the receivers.

He continues to impress when asked to throw on the move—some quarterbacks struggle with that because their feet aren’t set, but for Webb, it just seems to come naturally. Of course, the biggest test will come in the preseason against live competition, but based on last year to this year, Webb has taken several steps forward in his development.

He's chilling on my taxi squad right now in my 2QB league.  Everything I've read about him up to this point has been positive, and I believe there's at least a decent chance he can be the successor to Eli.
I tried to tell everyone that insisted there was "no way" the Giants would pass on a QB at 2, that many in the organization really liked Webb based on what I hear locally. 

There are some in the organization that rate him higher than this year's rookie QB class from what I heard. So maybe there is something there - although they did also draft a QB in Round 4 perhaps to hedge their bets a little.

If I'm the Giants I draft Barkley and give Webb a year to see what we've got then reevaluate in 2019 as need be. 
Hey I was right for once! Glad someone bumped this thread. These reports are outsanding . Was just gonna try to trade up for Lamar as my developmental QB but gonna sit back and take Webb with a late pick instead. 

Sounds like stars are aligning for this kid. 

The psychologist Angela Duckworth's famous equation describing how folks get from talent to achievement includes "effort" twice and "skill" just once. Davis Webb might be one of the hardest workers in this business. I would be happy if he carved out a Nick Foles or Case Keenum career with the talents he has. 
quack quack quack quack duckworth!

Webb seems very intelligent, hard working. I can see him being one of those under the radar grabs in dynasty that can pay off in spades. Similar to Keenum and Foles definitely. I don't know much about him, but you have to like what you read... he's doing all the right things. 

The Giants think very highly of him, as do the fans (of which I am one). He is the reason they didn't take a QB at 2. That says a lot in my book. Perfect age/situation to slip in when Eli is done.

quack quack quack quack duckworth!

Webb seems very intelligent, hard working. I can see him being one of those under the radar grabs in dynasty that can pay off in spades. Similar to Keenum and Foles definitely. I don't know much about him, but you have to like what you read... he's doing all the right things. 
I'm still of the opinion that his upside is Shaun Hill rather than Case Keenum. But I wish him well and I agree that he works hard.

Webb is a great stash in dynasty leagues, IMO. His cost-to-upside ratio is exciting.

I stashed Webb last season thinking the Giants could give him a chance. I believe he’ll start at least one game this season not related to an injury to Eli.

Webb has enough raw talent to take advantage of the premier situation with weapons like OBJ/Shepard/Engram/Barkley. Interested to see if they can improve their OL.

Also have him sitting deep on the bench in 2QB. Costs nothing and is an injury away from getting to prove himself in an offense with some of the most exciting playmakers in football. He could be absolutely nothing but if he hits, his offensive situation is as exciting as Mayfield’s could be in Cleveland

Giants coach Pat Shurmur was impressed by Davis Webb's performance at OTAs.

Webb got some work with the first team at this week's minicamp and took advantage of the opportunity, impressing with his arm strength while showing an improved grasp of the team's offense. "I think he has improved every day," said Shurmur. "I think he's got an outstanding skill set." ESPN beat reporter Jordan Raanan noted the gap between Webb and starter Eli Manning has "clearly closed." Playing well in minicamp isn't the same as dominating in a game setting, but Webb's strong showing this offseason is a good sign for his development.

Source: ESPN.com 

Jun 15 - 3:00 PM

Giants coach Pat Shurmur was impressed by Davis Webb's performance at OTAs.

Webb got some work with the first team at this week's minicamp and took advantage of the opportunity, impressing with his arm strength while showing an improved grasp of the team's offense. "I think he has improved every day," said Shurmur. "I think he's got an outstanding skill set." ESPN beat reporter Jordan Raanan noted the gap between Webb and starter Eli Manning has "clearly closed." Playing well in minicamp isn't the same as dominating in a game setting, but Webb's strong showing this offseason is a good sign for his development.

Source: ESPN.com 

Jun 15 - 3:00 PM
This gives the Giants the luxury of not having to draft a QB, and build a team. That is, if Webb is as good as they think.

Here is a speculative and highly optimistic but well-researched article that speaks to Webb's upside. Would he really have been drafted as the #2 QB in this year's draft? 

Very Deep Sleeper: QB Davis Webb

I know it seems like a million years ago or more like it never happened – but you do recall that Eli Manning got benched last year, right? Think of the gravity and implications of that event – Manning, 12+ year starter, was playing so poorly that the organization decided to bench him. I don’t believe it was just a Ben McAdoo thing. You don’t bench  Manning without running it by your owner and other bosses first, as much as they tried to distance themselves from the decision afterward.

The move to bench him, like most things McAdoo did it in 2017, backfired horrifically. The fan base that had been calling for Manning’s head for a while finally got what they’d been asking for – only the timing was comical. The only thing Giants fans hated more than ineffective Manning play was the mere sight of McAdoo. So, when McAdoo benched him, the fans decided to revolt against McAdoo — and thus made Manning the unwitting hero of the story/drama.

He had quite the triumphant return…losing three-in-a-row before winning a meaningless Week 17 season finale game. He threw five TD passes and was picked six times in his four-game return to glory. It wasn’t all that glorious a return, but it got Ben McAdoo fired the week after he benched Manning – so, the fans were satisfied at least.

Now, there’s a new coaching staff in 2018…and they’re ‘stuck’ with Manning, who may be “done,” for all intents and purposes, as a productive starter in the NFL – he’ll be almost 38 years old this season, his numbers have been slowly declining, and he’s 26-37-0 (.413) as a starter the past four years. The team hasn’t won its division since 2011, which is the last time they won a playoff game (and the Super Bowl). They’ve finished third or fourth place in the NFC East four of the past five seasons.

The natives are getting restless. Ownership is getting so restless, they fired a coach midseason in 2017. Ownership is so restless they replaced their long-time, respected GM. Ownership is so agitated that they were cool with Manning getting benched last year (until they weren’t). Tom Coughlin was shown the door a few years ago. Ownership is not sitting on its hands recently, and they may be at the end of their rope with Manning.

What if he starts this season 0-4, 0-5, 0-6, 0-7? It’s possible. Jacksonville in Week 1 is his worst nightmare – a big-time pass rush and great cover corners. At Dallas, at Houston the next two weeks…again, big-time pass rush teams potentially for 2018 (at their full strength) and both games on the road. Hosting the Saints in Week 4…not good. Weeks 5-7 they play 2017 playoff teams at Carolina, Philly, at Atlanta. In the Giants’ first seven games of 2018, they will play all teams that were in the playoffs in 2016 or 2017 or both.

What if a declining Manning crumbles under the schedule pressure? What if Davis Webb tears it up in the 2018 preseason? You might buy the Manning collapse potential, but might believe Davis Webb is a nobody. Au contraire. I would argue he was one of the two-three best QB prospects of the 2017 NFL Draft, and he was the fourth quarterback taken in the 2017 NFL Draft. For you to buy Davis Webb as a Very Deep Sleeper for fantasy, you have to buy him as a higher-end talent.

I’m going to display the opening/intro section of my Webb scouting report I did for NFL teams and clients back in January 2017 to give you a better feel for his potential and backstory. From my scouting report on CollegeFootballMetrics.com in 2017:

What a strange college journey for Davis Webb. As a true freshman (2013) at Texas Tech, right before the season starts, he gets sick and loses 40 pounds (from 200+ pounds down to 160+ pounds). He recovers quickly. He’s expected to be the backup to walk-on starter Baker Mayfield

in 2013, but immediately sees sporadic snaps/playing time in the first few games. Five games into the season for the 5-0 Red Raiders, he gets his first start versus Iowa State – he throws 56 times for 415 yards and 3 TDs in the ‘Air Raid’ offense, and the team jumps to a 6-0 record. The following week he goes for 462 yards and 2 TDs in a win over West Virginia…now, 7-0. He then loses his next 3 games, gets banged up in third loss and misses a few games. He returns for their bowl game, starts, and drops 403 yards and Arizona State with 4 TD/0 INT. An amazing, strange run for the true freshman.

Of course, Webb becomes the ‘it’ young QB in college football heading into 2014. He forces Baker Mayfield to transfer to Oklahoma. Webb’s rolling again as a sophomore – he throws 22 TD passes in his first 7 games but gets hurt (ankle injury) in Tech’s eighth game and is out for the rest of the season – ankle and a shoulder injury. True freshman, and baseball star prospect (and son of a former MLB pitcher) Patrick Mahomes takes over for Webb and racks big numbers as well.

2015 is a full-fledged QB battle between Webb and Mahomes. Texas Tech commits to Mahomes. Webb is his backup for the season…a dramatic fall from emerging star and Heisman hopeful to backup QB in the span of a year. Webb transfers to Cal for his 2016 season.

In 2016, for Cal, Webb produces huge numbers again – he throws for 3.1 TDs per game with 10 games of 300+ yards passing, six games with 390+ yards passing, and three 440+ yard passing games including a 522-yard performance against San Diego State.

Everyone is left to wonder: Is Davis Webb another Texas Tech stat compiler (and similar pass-game mindset at Cal) who will fail to convert to the next level or is he a legit NFL quarterback prospect? The guy couldn’t even hold his job at Texas Tech, so how good could he be?

He’s pretty darn good.

I get why Texas Tech made their decision to roll with Mahomes. They were going to lose one of them to transfer, and Texas Tech would rack up big offensive numbers with most any decent QB. They chose the physically bigger athlete with less injury concerns, more eligibility, and bigger family name (my suspicion). No major slight to Webb, but Mahomes was the smarter overall choice for TTU…but it was not a smack to Webb’s ability.

Webb’s throwing mechanics are excellent. He has a rapid release and moves his body into his throws. He has more touch/instinct than most QB prospects in this draft or of the past few. He’s a great ‘new era’ quarterback. He gets rid of the ball quickly and used to running an up-tempo offense and just playing chess with the defense. Webb reminds me a little of Marcus Mariota and Dak Prescott…except Webb is not as much of a running threat and is more of a natural passer.

The one thing that sticks out in my notes – his weapons at Cal. Webb had terrific output and tape, but his output could have much greater if he had any WRs to throw to. His best WR at Cal (Chad Hansen

) missed time with an injury and the other options were not NFL material. Webb could have been even better at Cal with more weapons…and maybe seen as a better draft prospect as well. His receivers held him back, to some degree.

I mention Mariota and Prescott – I mean that in the sense of style of play and mannerisms in college…quick decisions, rapid release, great instincts. But I also mean it in the same way I scouted Prescott pre-draft 2016 – Webb is a ‘new era’ QB prospect. He’s probably thrown more passes in his college career than most QB prospects from a decade ago did in their entire lives before they hit the NFL. In three seasons of play, Webb threw 1,367 passes and Lord knows how many more throws practicing that ‘Air Raid’ style plus in all the seven-on-seven camps, etc. Webb is ‘ready to go’ for the NFL right away. He’d be better than 5-10 NFL quarterbacks the first day he hit the field…some of that is his natural talent, but a lot is his repetitions…his repetitions + talent. Webb, like Mariota and Prescott, is unflappable. He’s in total control playing quarterback. He’s just been in offenses that feature a heavy volume of throws per game, per season.

To further Webb’s preparedness, you have to consider he is a graduate student working on his master’s degree. He is the son of a top, rising high school football coach. He’s likely been to every elite camp there ever was. He was quickly named captain of his (new) Cal team. When he left Texas Tech, and then backed out of a loose commitment to Colorado (to choose Cal), the coaches from Texas Tech and Colorado did nothing but praise his character and work ethic after he left them. I’ve watched Webb in interviews and he is genuine and in command. He is well groomed to be the leader of an NFL franchise. An impressive QB prospect from every aspect.

What if Manning fails…but also what if Webb has an incredible preseason showing? It’s one thing if Manning tails off, but it’s another if Webb just captures the desperate hearts of the fanbase (and ownership) in the preseason.

The new Giants coach and GM know the time of Manning is limited, and the end may happen in 2018. The new management team needs their future franchise quarterback. Sitting there with the #2 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft with several first-round grade QBs available, the Giants took a running back and didn’t take a QB until much later in the draft — a career backup type/solid quarterback prospect (Kyle Lauletta). I think they skipped taking a quarterback in 2018 because arguably the best QB prospect in the 2018 NFL Draft would have been Davis Webb. If not #1, then #2 behind Baker Mayfield, the same Baker Mayfield he sent packing to Oklahoma.

If Davis Webb is a high-end QB prospect, with great mechanics and arm, and is beyond smart and a leader wherever he goes – like most of the young QBs these days, he can hit the ground running. He could take over a few games into the 2018 season and look up to see a fantastic #1-2 WR punch of Odell Beckham and Sterling Shepard with explosive tight end Evan Engram, a revamped o-line, and that guy they drafted at running back that’s supposed to be pretty good. He could have very nice weaponry surounding him.

Davis is no game manager. He comes from college systems of pass-pass-pass. He’ll have two preseasons under his belt walking into his first 2018 preseason game. He will press on the gas pedal as soon as you give him the keys – if the team lets him. He’s built to produce fantasy numbers.

The stage is set for a hostile takeover of the Giants starting QB position in 2018. Davis might shock the system with his splash into the NFL in 2018, putting an end to the Manning era in New York.

Here is a speculative and highly optimistic but well-researched article that speaks to Webb's upside. Would he really have been drafted as the #2 QB in this year's draft? 
:goodposting:

While everyone else in my QB-heavh league scooped up rookies early, I calmly grabbed Webb as my developmental QB late in the draft. I think in 2019 Eli is throwing picks in Denver and Webb's a mid-tier QB1

tombonneau said:
:goodposting:

While everyone else in my QB-heavh league scooped up rookies early, I calmly grabbed Webb as my developmental QB late in the draft. I think in 2019 Eli is throwing picks in Denver and Webb's a mid-tier QB1
Check out this game against SDSU: https://youtu.be/bhE4TrOQO4g

Check out the interceptions at 1:43, 2:20, and 3:30. 1:43 highlights his inability to make plays on the run. 2:20 was a terrible read and/or a terrible throw; if he'd thrown it outside it might have had a chance. And the game-sealer at 3:30 is a terrible read; the receiver flops after the ball's in the air, trying to draw a call because he has no play on the ball.

Webb also threw five TDs in that game. He can make throws when they're there. But he doesn't have NFL starting QB decision-making abilities, or particularly great physical attributes.

Also see this game against ASU: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIQG4ufiSnE

At 1:20, in a clean pocket, he telegraphs the throw and completely fails to read the linebacker. He follows that up at 1:30 with a pick-6; that's a good defensive play, but Webb fails to read that he's throwing against a zone, and linebacker on the slot receiver is free to release into the passing lane to Hansen.

These decisions are coming from a fifth-year senior with over 1000 collegiate pass attempts. And they're not isolated. He played pretty well in our five wins that year, awfully in four of our seven losses, and mediocre in the other three. Just one of our five wins were against a team that ended with a winning record (Utah). 

And by the way, Webb's receivers at Cal were quite good. Chad Hansen was one of the best possession receivers in the NCAA, and freshman Demetris Robertson was a 5-star recruit who some rated as the #1 HS WR in the country. 

I can't imagine Webb being more than a stopgap.

NJ Advance Media's Matt Lombardo does not think fourth-round QB Kyle Lauletta will push Davis Webb for the No. 2 job.

Webb had a strong spring by all accounts, and Lombardo was not particularly impressed by Lauletta, who "doesn't seem quite ready to mount" a challenge for the backup job. If Eli Manning struggles again this year, it sounds like Webb would be the next man off the bench.

Source: NJ Advance Media 

Jul 9 - 11:11 AM

Check out this game against SDSU: https://youtu.be/bhE4TrOQO4g

Check out the interceptions at 1:43, 2:20, and 3:30. 1:43 highlights his inability to make plays on the run. 2:20 was a terrible read and/or a terrible throw; if he'd thrown it outside it might have had a chance. And the game-sealer at 3:30 is a terrible read; the receiver flops after the ball's in the air, trying to draw a call because he has no play on the ball.

Webb also threw five TDs in that game. He can make throws when they're there. But he doesn't have NFL starting QB decision-making abilities, or particularly great physical attributes.

Also see this game against ASU: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIQG4ufiSnE

At 1:20, in a clean pocket, he telegraphs the throw and completely fails to read the linebacker. He follows that up at 1:30 with a pick-6; that's a good defensive play, but Webb fails to read that he's throwing against a zone, and linebacker on the slot receiver is free to release into the passing lane to Hansen.

These decisions are coming from a fifth-year senior with over 1000 collegiate pass attempts. And they're not isolated. He played pretty well in our five wins that year, awfully in four of our seven losses, and mediocre in the other three. Just one of our five wins were against a team that ended with a winning record (Utah). 

And by the way, Webb's receivers at Cal were quite good. Chad Hansen was one of the best possession receivers in the NCAA, and freshman Demetris Robertson was a 5-star recruit who some rated as the #1 HS WR in the country. 

I can't imagine Webb being more than a stopgap.
Sorry for late response @CalBear. Thanks for posting. This SDSU highlight clip is amazing. Wish more highlights were on field level like this. Too cool. 

But I guess that game is a classic example of you see what you want to see haha.  I saw like 5 perfectly thrown TDs. A bad pick where he did not see the DL (happens every week in NFL), a pick on tipped ball (ballsy decision sure) and another pick where WR fell down as he was trying to win the game with tough throw. ;)

If anything I'm more pro-Webb now then before! :D

I really like Webb as far as a stash. No matter how you slice it, the Giants had an opportunity to grab a top QB in an outstanding class, but decided against it.

No, they didn't pass on a QB because of Barkley. Give me a break. The new regime must like Webb a fair amount at the very least.

Tremendous upside relative to cost.

This kid is a prime example of how quick we are to assign the “bust” label. Wasn’t given a shot at any type of role and immediately is forgotten by the FF community despite it being apparent about halfway through the season that the coaching staff was a significant problem. People are excited for Mason Rudolph as Ben’s successor yet this guy is standing behind the corpse of Eli Manning and instead Kyle Lauletta gets puffed up post draft.

The kid could be nothing but camp reports are good and I think it very likely he gets a shot this year. And the fact that I picked him up for free off waivers in my 2QB league will leave me cackling by year’s end

Had a great performance tonight. shook off those 1st game jitters and came through vs the Lions first team defense without OBJ or Barkley to post a 106 passer rating. 

been trying to scoop this guy up anywhere I can. I like him as the 4th QB in with this year's rookies (I have zero faith in Lamar Jackson), and he costs much less.

What I absolutely love about this guy is how much of a research/film rat he is. He has "it" between the ears as far as football smarts goes. just needs to slow the game down for himself. 

Eli Manning is about as dependable as they come to line up every week, but if he goes down hill fast Webb could be given the reins if he keeps performing as he did tonight. 

Everyone was quick to throw this kid to the wolves, and rightfully so.  He was pretty awful last game.  Looked like a completely different player tonight.  Holding steady on my taxi squad.

Davis Webb completed 14-of-20 passes for 140 yards and a touchdown while adding one carry for a one-yard gain Friday in the Giants’ second preseason game against the Lions.

He drew the start in place of Eli Manning, who watched this one from the sidelines. Webb spread the wealth on Friday, completing passes to nine different receivers. He had success throwing deep, hitting Sterling Shepard on a 27-yard strike in the first quarter and later connecting with Russell Shepard for a gain of 40. Webb was at his best during a 17-play, 79-yard scoring drive that drained nine minutes off the clock. He converted a number of clutch third downs including an eight-yard touchdown pass to Wayne Gallman on third-and-goal. That came after Webb extended the drive by converting a QB sneak on fourth-and-one. The second-year quarterback wasn’t perfect—he was almost intercepted in the end zone and cost the Giants five yards on a delay of game penalty. However, this was a vast improvement from last week when Webb completed just 9-of-22 passes in a loss to Cleveland.

Aug 17 - 9:08 PM

Everyone was quick to throw this kid to the wolves, and rightfully so.  He was pretty awful last game.  Looked like a completely different player tonight.  Holding steady on my taxi squad.
Yup. Was tempted to relent to recency bias and swap him out as my developmental QB in favor of Chad Kelly, but, as John Bogle preaches, I instead stayed the course. 

Yup. Was tempted to relent to recency bias and swap him out as my developmental QB in favor of Chad Kelly, but, as John Bogle preaches, I instead stayed the course. 
my future in one league relies on both Kelly and Webb- one of them turning out. was my game plan going into the draft and so far I'm happy. of all else fails theres always the qb class next year, which isnt terrible at first glance. 

My friends say Tanney has been making some plays. Where's he fit in? Not worth a new thread sorry for the sidebar

According to ESPN's Jordan Raanan, the Giants discussed trading Davis Webb to the Raiders.

However, that ship has likely sailed as Oakland acquired A.J. McCarron from Buffalo on Saturday. The Giants made the exceptionally rare choice of rostering four quarterbacks—Eli Manning, Kyle Lauletta, Alex Tanney and Webb—to begin the season. Raanan expects Webb to stick around, though it sounds like New York would be open to moving him if the right offer came along.

Related: Raiders

Source: Jordan Raanan on Twitter 

Sep 2 - 11:09 AM

Ick. Well was debating whether or not to keep him on taxi squad, but with this news it doesn't seem he's in their long-term plans. Oh well.
Might depend where he ends up ultimately traded. liked him mostly due to his situation, but looking at the Raiders situation, it's more of a trade for a career backup. 

MIA, JAX, LAC would be teams I'd be maybe a little more excited about, but the value for Webb is eventually playing with OBJ, Engram and Barkley.

He isnt their QB so I'm not surprised to hear this 

Might depend where he ends up ultimately traded. liked him mostly due to his situation, but looking at the Raiders situation, it's more of a trade for a career backup. 

MIA, JAX, LAC would be teams I'd be maybe a little more excited about, but the value for Webb is eventually playing with OBJ, Engram and Barkley.

He isnt their QB so I'm not surprised to hear this 
Right. My excitement for him was the prospect of him inheriting that offense in 2019. Without that, he's not nearly that attractive.

Users who are viewing this thread