What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adoree' Jackson (1 Viewer)

mjb03003

Footballguy
I know, I know, it's a small package of plays and it will probably never evolve into more than a bit role on offense.

BUT

Adoree' Jackson had 1 carry for 20 yards in week 9, and followed it up with 3 carries for 30 yards in week 10. If you read this article, it seems like the Titans like the mismatches that are created when defenses have to account for Jackson on offense:

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/68694/madden-fantasy-adjustments-needed-for-new-offensive-playmaker-adoree-jackson

Now I'm not in any way saying he will gain RB eligibility in fantasy, nor would that really benefit us as fantasy owners, but any offensive contributions would give a boost to his IDP appeal. Even without the offensive touches, he'd been a pretty consistent contributor (Rookie CB rule) with about 4 tackles and a PD per week. 

Would these points actually count in CBS, I see him on the waiver wire and it doesn't look like he was awarded points for offense.

Would these points actually count in CBS, I see him on the waiver wire and it doesn't look like he was awarded points for offense.
I don't know about CBS as I don't play on that site. The points do count on my site, the same way offensive players get credit for tackles. 

Well I'm putting my money where my mouth is and starting Jackson tonight. 

One of my biggest pet peeves about IDPs is that it can take so long for the rankings to adjust to what is happening on the field. I've learned that with IDPs, even moreso than offensive players, you can't be a slave to the rankings/projections, and you have to trust your own assessments. 

Guess we'll see if Jackson can make it three good games in a row and finally get some attention, or if he fades back into irrelevance. 

He’s also clearly not ready for ABrown one on one all game. But for FF, great game. 
For FF we want him to be good enough to draw the assignment but not so good that the opposing QB won't throw at him. 

Also, I believe 2 of the 3 TDs to Brown were with Logan Ryan in coverage.

Given the rushing and return points, this guy has been tearing it up.  How likely is that to continue for the rest of this season?  Worth a 2nd round rookie pick if it does?

Given the rushing and return points, this guy has been tearing it up.  How likely is that to continue for the rest of this season?  Worth a 2nd round rookie pick if it does?
I wouldn't give up that high a pick for a DB.  You can always find a streaming DB that will work.  I wouldn't give up the draft capital.

I wouldn't give up that high a pick for a DB.  You can always find a streaming DB that will work.  I wouldn't give up the draft capital.
Well, you can always find a DB that will get you 6-9 points, sure.  I have those already.  Jackson is getting ~15 points when you combine his tackles, return yards, and now rushing yards. 

Well, you can always find a DB that will get you 6-9 points, sure.  I have those already.  Jackson is getting ~15 points when you combine his tackles, return yards, and now rushing yards. 
I think if you target matchups at the DB position you can find players that will be similar ----- or at least I have been able to in my scoring systems (we do include return yardage but maybe my scoring doesn't give as much weight to return yards as yours).  Generally, I won't pay for DB's because similar players can be found week to week.

Jackson is DB4 in one of my return yard leagues.  2 of the 3 ahead of him were from waivers, and 7 of the top 13 were from waivers. #19 and #20 are free agents right now.  it's like that every year.  Jackson is at 14.0 PPG, DB19 is 11.8, and DB50 is at 10.4.  That's without "stretch" players like Bradley McDougald or Sendejo you can pick up and get strong stretch performances out of during injury opportunities and the rookie CB rules.  Go check out the DB Glenn from the Bears last year.  He was AWESOME until he got cut.  Heck I don't even remember his name now yet he was a top 5 DB for a while there.  Deshawn Shead too.

If Jackson were a SS type I might agree with you, but CB has inherent risks that his return and offensive snaps may not overcome.  I'd need to see a lot more history before burning draft capital like a 2nd.

Users who are viewing this thread