What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel week 11 (1 Viewer)

jerseys finest

Footballguy
I know week 10 isn't over yet, but why not get started looking at the week ahead!

games ill be targeting for my initial cash setups, players more likely from the bolded teams

Philly v Dallas

New England v Oakland

New Orleans Washington 

Kansas City NYG

Jacksonville v Cleveland

Plenty of other games worth using this week too, but for cash, this is where I start this week.

I also like both the Thursday night game with Titans/Steelers and the Monday night game with Falcons/Seahawks(my call for highest scoring game of the week), so I may build a couple extra cash plays, that I normally don't many of for the Thurs - Mon games, that focus on those 2 games for lower ownership % which normally comes along with players on Thursday and Monday games. 

I am curious if there are stats to look at for the Mexico City games with that severe altitude.  I know the Pats are staying in Denver this week to keep in the altitude.  Didn't the Raiders play there before and have a good game too? 

I am curious if there are stats to look at for the Mexico City games with that severe altitude.  I know the Pats are staying in Denver this week to keep in the altitude.  Didn't the Raiders play there before and have a good game too? 
There just isn't enough stats to give any legitimate backing. Houston played Oakland there in 2016 and lost 20-27, but there just isn't enough of an outlier to make any statistical claims. Comparing it to games in Denver would be the closest we could get and that has shown to have no real effect on the games played there. 

Actually targeting Gordon. Bad game for him last time +a backup who played well + a defense that just got shredded in the run = low owned player with a high ceiling. 

jerseys finest said:
Actually targeting Gordon. Bad game for him last time +a backup who played well + a defense that just got shredded in the run = low owned player with a high ceiling. 
If I remember right, doesn't Gordon stink at home? 

my concern w/ Gordon is that Ekeler is playing damn good, enough to vulture TDs, and Rivers may be out

Speaking of teams that have given up...NYG!

How about stacking:  Smith-Hunt-Kelce-Shepard.
I was just coming in post that Smith-Kelce is probably the nut stack of the weekend.   Their usage of Hunt has burnt me a bit, so not sure I can go there.  

I was just coming in post that Smith-Kelce is probably the nut stack of the weekend.   Their usage of Hunt has burnt me a bit, so not sure I can go there.  
I'm probably going to fade Kelce. Giants have been killed all year by TEs even ones who generally do nothing like Higbee and Celek so the way my luck is going this season they will somehow hold Kelce to a 3/23 day if I use him.

I'm probably going to fade Kelce. Giants have been killed all year by TEs even ones who generally do nothing like Higbee and Celek so the way my luck is going this season they will somehow hold Kelce to a 3/23 day if I use him.
Don't overthink this and don't fade him completely. The NYG secondary is getting its players back and they have been just horrid against the TE and their entire LB core is currently back ups I believe. I love him for cash and not as much for gpps this week. I'll probably fade him in gpp's just because he will most likely be the highest owned TE this week. 

Speaking of teams that have given up...NYG!

How about stacking:  Smith-Hunt-Kelce-Shepard.
I have a stack set up like this already, one in cash and one in a gpp. Also have a gpp with Eli, Shepard, Engram, hunt as the core as well. Eli and that offense are just playing for stats, pure garbage time gold, KC needs a win and I think they get up early and hunt does some shredding of that bad run defense.

I'll use the stack in one or two of my 50/50's and a 3 or 5x multiplier this week. Hunt has burnt me too, but the stars are too aligned for a good game against a bad defense AND his ownership should be down for the exact mentality you have about him. Plus Reid's winning percentage after their bye is insanely good. Leading to a run out the clock game script? That has no real bearing, I'm just high on that game this weekend. 

This is the big week for the Footballguys Fandual challenge.  Any suggestions on strategy for this event.  Looks like about 2100 people qualified and the top 500 get back something.  The payout is heavily weighted towards the top 10.  I have three entries and since they are 'free' I am more prone to go with GPP (more risky) lineups, but I am not sure that is the right approach.     

This is the big week for the Footballguys Fandual challenge.  Any suggestions on strategy for this event.  Looks like about 2100 people qualified and the top 500 get back something.  The payout is heavily weighted towards the top 10.  I have three entries and since they are 'free' I am more prone to go with GPP (more risky) lineups, but I am not sure that is the right approach.     
you are going to need to go with more of a GPP style lineup to win it. This is a good chunk of informed fantasy players and you will need some lineup diversity to win. Going with all "highly owned" players, will probably get you into the cash, but just barely. 

It's going to be interesting b/c Kelce is in a great spot, but looking at DVOA - so are Ertz and Gronk.  

It's going to be interesting b/c Kelce is in a great spot, but looking at DVOA - so are Ertz and Gronk.  
its an interesting week for TE with a more than normal amount of good options. Kelce, Ertz, Gronk, Engram, Graham for the higher dollar guys. Witten, Walker, Vernon Davis(if no reed), Julius Thomas, Fiedorowicz for the cheaper guys. All have good matchups that should filter the play to the middle of the field somewhat. 

Ill eliminate some of these as the week goes on, but my cash games will focus on the higher dollar guys while my GPPS mix around both. Going into this week with 20 lineups and $30 invested after a good week. This is 10 bucks more than I usually play, but trying to ride that wave I suppose.  2 5$ 50/50's ($10), 4 $1-5 2x 3x 5x 5x multipliers($10), 2 double ups, 2 $1 100 person entries($2) and 10 gpps ranging from $.25-2 ($8)

first 2 runs at cash lineups.

Wentz, fournette, coleman, tate, Shepard, inman, ertz, novak, saints

Alex Smith, Hunt, Kamara, Shepard, Julio Jones, Crowder, Engram, Boswell, Chargers

these are really just based off of initial looks without digging too deep into it yet. I'll turn one of my multipliers and/or 100 or less person entries into heavy exposure (6+ players between the 2 games) to the Thurs and Monday game. 

first 2 runs at cash lineups.

Wentz, fournette, coleman, tate, Shepard, inman, ertz, novak, saints

Alex Smith, Hunt, Kamara, Shepard, Julio Jones, Crowder, Engram, Boswell, Chargers

these are really just based off of initial looks without digging too deep into it yet. I'll turn one of my multipliers and/or 100 or less person entries into heavy exposure (6+ players between the 2 games) to the Thurs and Monday game. 
Keep an eye on Fournette, he may get less work this week so his ankle can get better

Keep an eye on Fournette, he may get less work this week so his ankle can get better
good call megla, ill have to keep an eye on it. He has a great matchup, despite the browns being very solid against the run. I may pivot off for his price and the health concerns.  I faded him last week against the chargers, but not because of his ankle. I figured that front 7 could contain him and they did. Now, the ankle may have played a part in him being able to be contained, but they seemed to feed him the ball. 

With Lee out, I don’t see how the Eagles don’t score at least 35 points at a minimum.  I also think the Raiders Patriots game turns into a shootout.  

I am having a hard time putting together a cash lineup...got only $4600 left and I still need a WR...meh.  I guess this is better than the $2900 I had left for a WR with my last effort.  I need to go back to the drawing board and rethink everything.  I do not feel comfortable with the RBs this week at all.  I feel about as confident in the lower price guys as I do the higher priced ones...and not in a good way.   :unsure:

I am having a hard time putting together a cash lineup...got only $4600 left and I still need a WR...meh.  I guess this is better than the $2900 I had left for a WR with my last effort.  I need to go back to the drawing board and rethink everything.  I do not feel comfortable with the RBs this week at all.  I feel about as confident in the lower price guys as I do the higher priced ones...and not in a good way.   :unsure:
This is where I am, and I was just about to make a post to pick everybody's brain about where to go for RB this week.  Are we to a point like somebody said in last week's thread or this weeks - just put in Ingram and Kamara?  That is 16K for RBs on the same team and you would need something like 200 yds and 2tds between the two of them?  Looks like Kamara has 130yds total each of the last two weeks.  I also noticed that by using last weeks stats NO has the best matchup as far as OL vs. DL this week.  They have the best OL and Wash has the 5th worst.  

Gurley might be an option if they keep that game competitive.  It seems like they are in playoff mode and if they get a big lead it seems like they are shutting him down.  Fournette, McCoy, Gordon, Hunt, and Howard seem like hard passes for cash to me.  WTF does that leave us?  

There are some gpp guys that I liked on first pass like the Pats RBs, Ajayi, L.Murray, Woodhead/Collins, etc..  

I was playing with combinations of Gurley, McCoy, Howard, and Ajayi.  I was staying away from Hunt trying to use Kelce, not to mention Hunt has slowed considerably in the production department.  But none of these feel like a "sure thing" (of course, no one ever is, but at least I usually feel like someone is).  I could choose one of the NO guys, but I don't think I feel good about playing both.  That would just mean I choose the wrong one, so I should probably stay away...lol.

Maybe this is the week I should become a gpp player and play a variety of combos... 

Running games I want some exposure to (assumes Rivers is playing)

Tier 1 - NOS, WAS, PIT, LAC, BUF, MIN, LAR

Tier 2 - NE, OAK, ARI, CHI, JAC

Best....Kamara, Ingram, Thompson, Gordon, McCoy, McKinnon, Gurley

Also like / will play some of....Lewis, Lynch, Peterson, Howard, Fournette

First glance, irrespective of salary

QBs I like this week are:

Brady, Brees, Smith, Cousins, Eli, Wentz

RBs I like this week are:

Gordon (trust me), Kamara, Burkhead, Hunt, McCoy, Ajayi, Ingram.

WRs I like this week are:

Shepard, Alshon/Agholor, Fitzgerald, Landry, Mike Thomas, Diggs/Theilen, Golden Tate, Josh Doctson, Robert Woods, Cooper, Lee

TEs I like this week are:

Kelce, Cook, Engram, Davis, Gronk

Hunt keeps popping up, but damn - he hasn't gotten more than 1.6x since week 3 and hasn't gotten a discount on salary.  On the flip side, they haven't been in a game that has really positive game script since about that time either, so if we think KC is going to smash NYG....

I am pretty close to just mixing the RBs from the top scoring teams as far as pt/g go on the season and past 3 weeks and have some version of a run game.  Those teams would be Rams, Eagles, Saints, Pats, Chiefs, Vikes.   

Running games I want some exposure to (assumes Rivers is playing)

Tier 1 - NOS, WAS, PIT, LAC, BUF, MIN, LAR

Tier 2 - NE, OAK, ARI, CHI, JAC

Best....Kamara, Ingram, Thompson, Gordon, McCoy, McKinnon, Gurley
The bolded really scares me this week, or is that play based on Rivers not playing?

My first look at RB these are the guys that I thought stood out:  Gurley, Hunt, Ingram, McCoy, Gordon, Kamara, Thompson, Peterson, Howard, Darkwa, Martin, and Lewis.  I need to look more into each matchup, but this the core I am focusing on.  I do like Hunt and I do think the game script sets up well for him this week.  I am also not worried about Ekeler (hoping he scares others away) and I really like Gordon this week to get back on track against a beatable BIlls defense that is traveling across country.

New Bills QB this week...Nathan Peterman.  I can not believe he gives them a better chance to win.  Chargers D were already on my radar and this news only moves them up the list.

New Bills QB this week...Nathan Peterman.  I can not believe he gives them a better chance to win.  Chargers D were already on my radar and this news only moves them up the list.
Yep, Chargers D were first on my list to use this week.   I also had Denver and Balt written down.  

I was feeling the chargers before this news as well. Even more now. That will probably be a majority feeling as well. At that price in a week where I feel I need to pay up a little more than I'd like in a few places, this is helpful news for cash. 

Also like the jags, but very pricey. Denver, Detroit, Philly, Balt with plus matchups for mid range. Cards, Bengals, Saints, Miami for cheaper plus matchups and Tenn (the whole **** Lebeau playing his old team has me thinking, if anyone knows how to shut down that offense, it should be him). Ill probably spread around my GPP defenses, and focus cash on LAC/PHL/BALT

How can Jax not be #1
My first step is always to look at DL vs OL for increased turnover odds to see if there are any cheap home teams that might be good in gpps.  Those were the 3 that stood out (I know Balt is away) looking at that.  

My first step is always to look at DL vs OL for increased turnover odds to see if there are any cheap home teams that might be good in gpps.  Those were the 3 that stood out (I know Balt is away) looking at that.  
Sometime paying up is OK and Jax at Clev is one of those times, Kizer is a TO machine, Jax is a TO and sac monster, if they don't score 20+ is will be a shock

Sometime paying up is OK and Jax at Clev is one of those times, Kizer is a TO machine, Jax is a TO and sac monster, if they don't score 20+ is will be a shock
I have been trying to fit Jax into lineups, but it is not very cost effective to do so.  I keep struggling to fill the last spot of my roster with some low dollar guy when I have Jax in there.  

I have been trying to fit Jax into lineups, but it is not very cost effective to do so.  I keep struggling to fill the last spot of my roster with some low dollar guy when I have Jax in there.  
this is my dilemma as well. I try and build around them and it still gets difficult to put together what seems like a sound lineup.  I just think a cheaper defense is going to put up similar points, just gotta get the right one. Loving an underrated Arizona defense against a tom savage led texans team as a lower owned cheaper option for GPPS 

ill still have a couple lineups using the jags, where ill make the rest of the lineup work. They should be the top defensive play by far, and their cost agrees. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we have said that a few times with chalky Ds this year too. 

Any thoughts on either of these lineups?

FitzMagic-Gordon-Howard-Fitzgerald-Shepard-Hill-Gronk-Chargers-Novak

Brady-Gordon-Howard-Cooks-Ginn-Shepard-Kelce-Chargers-Novak

Any thoughts on either of these lineups?

FitzMagic-Gordon-Howard-Fitzgerald-Shepard-Hill-Gronk-Chargers-Novak

Brady-Gordon-Howard-Cooks-Ginn-Shepard-Kelce-Chargers-Novak
I like them both for the most part. Both have cash appeal and GPP appeal to me. Love gordon, Shepard, Fitzgerald, gronk, Kelce, LAC and Novak this week. Are they for cash or GPP play? in the same tourney? 

Just don't love Fitzpatrick in the first lineup. TB is a dumpster fire right now, line is hurting and can't produce in the running game. Although he does get Mike Evans back this week. Miami's defense is an enigma. If they show up, they are one of the better defenses in the NFL, if they don't, you get what happened on Monday night. I think they can control TB though. 

Ginn worries me in the second one, unless NO is behind, just don't see him being utilized or getting enough targets with how well their run game is working. 

did a first run fitting the jags in a lineup for a T-M game

Brady, Darkwa, Gordon, Julio, Crowder, Parker, Gronk, Novak, Jags. Definitely a GPP lineup for me. 

Liking cores of:

Brady/Cooks/J. Cook

Smith/Shepard/Kelce

Tevin Coleman - cash game lock if Freeman scratches?  $5900 brings some much needed salary relief.

Having a hard time getting any Eagles into my lineups.  Wentz is more expensive than Brady, Ertz is more expensive than Kelce

What are you guys thinking we should do with the Rams/Vikes games?  4th highest o/u, 2 pretty good Ds vs. 2 of the better scoring Os in the league.   I think it starts with looking who Rhodes might cover, if anybody.   So maybe Gurley + whatever WR Rhodes isn't on.  On the other side do we go back to those WRs?  Also might be more of a McKinnon game if it is back and forth at all. 

At the very least, I might uses these two PKs 100%.  Indoors, the Ds might limit the RZ trips, and both Ks have been averaging 3+ FG attempts/g over the last few weeks.  

The bolded really scares me this week, or is that play based on Rivers not playing?
McCoy is fairly game script independent, and I don't see the presence or absence of Rivers impacting his fantasy production (he's a top receiving target even if the Bills fall behind)....however I don't like him as much now that Tyrod lost his job and the box will be stacked.  I'll still play him, but will have less exposure than previously planned.

McCoy is fairly game script independent, and I don't see the presence or absence of Rivers impacting his fantasy production (he's a top receiving target even if the Bills fall behind)....however I don't like him as much now that Tyrod lost his job and the box will be stacked.  I'll still play him, but will have less exposure than previously planned.
I don't think he is as game script independant as you would like. All year we have seen him stymied at the line. Other than a few decent games here and there, he has been vastly underwhelming. If they can't produce any type of passing game, shady will suffer. Which in turn screws me in 2 big money year long leagues, just what it appears to be unless peterman surprises 

I don't think he is as game script independant as you would like. All year we have seen him stymied at the line. Other than a few decent games here and there, he has been vastly underwhelming. If they can't produce any type of passing game, shady will suffer. Which in turn screws me in 2 big money year long leagues, just what it appears to be unless peterman surprises 
Exactly.  When I looked at his season, it seems like he only has decent games when they are winning AND at home.  

Users who are viewing this thread