What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clayton Geathers activated (1 Viewer)

Flyman75

Footballguy
Geathers has been activated from the PUP list. Looks like he'll play and even start this week. Thoughts on him ROS?

And how does his return affect Farley's production?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, he has a bye this week.  I doubt there'll be much info on his role vs. Farley's until middle of next week.

Well, he has a bye this week.  I doubt there'll be much info on his role vs. Farley's until middle of next week.
Well derp! Yeah, I meant next week, lol. I have Farley, so I knew he was on a bye, LOL...duh...brain fart on my part.

Rotoworld speculates that...

Colts activated S Clayton Geathers (neck) from the reserve/PUP list.

LB Josh Perry has been waived in a corresponding roster move. Geathers had been recovering from surgery to repair a bulging disc in his neck since last December. He will likely slide in opposite Matthias Farley at safety, though Darius Butler could keep seeing some snaps at the back end.

Usually I’m able to develop my own opinions and chase my own news but Geathers is sitting at what I consider the end of my roster in a few leagues. Is the dream dead? I feel like I’m clutching onto a ghost here.

Waiver wire in both my leagues including one team where I cut him from my IR despite having plenty of dead weight on my roster. The dream is dead at least until he can get on the field again. Safety isn't so tough to fill that he's worth the roster spot now.

#Colts injury updates: DeyShawn Bond not likely to start on PUP. Clayton Geathers had “a knee procedure.” Likely to start on PUP. Ballard says “he’s close” and is “going to be fine” by all indications.

I figure by the time roster decisions are made in fantasy, we'll know.  

Clayton Geathers really paid off for me on two teams where I'd stashed him through all his injuries. Why do I get the feeling this latest neck injury is going to sideline him the rest of the season.

He missed almost all of last year with a neck injury, no? If it's the same type of injury you gotta wonder if it's worth the risk long-term. GL to him...  

Ah... Fra-gee-lay... it must be Italian.

This would seemingly lock Farley back into that role that he proved to be productive last year. This is a unit you want to own pieces off IMO.

Is it time to fire up Mike Mitchell? Geathers already ruled out.... Farley (who I just picked up) was IRed today.... I am willing to take a chance on Mitchell, but will have to instantly plug him into my lineup this week. Risky, but again, this is a productive backfield and you could land a productive Colts defender ROS if it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread