What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nathan Peterman: It's 2018 & he's their starter. Deja Vu! (1 Viewer)

NeverEnough

Footballguy
What do we know & not know about him?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/nathan-peterman?id=2558191

From NFL.com: A highly-recruited passer coming out of Florida, Peterman signed with Tennessee to get a chance to play SEC football. He had to feel snake-bit in Knoxville, however, since he didn't make it through his first start as a redshirt freshman or sophomore. Peterman played in four games in 2013, but broke his hand in his first start and never regained that spot (10-23, 45 yards, two INT). The next season, he was benched after two series in his only start and then was replaced by Joshua Dobbs -- who didn't let go of the reins. Peterman played in seven games that year (10-20, 49 yards). He earned his degree in only three years, however, so he transferred to Pitt to finish his career. Peterman started 11 games in 2015 (2,287 yards, 20 TD, seven INT) and held the job as a senior (2,855 yards, 27 TD, seven INT, 60.5 completion pct.)

Last edited by a moderator:
He's that bad?
We don't know. But his 2nd game will be against one of the best teams. That's going to be tough. At least he gets the chargers first, it's not like they're a tough team against the pass or have two of the best pass rushers in the league.

Oh, wait...  :tfp:

I actually think he can be decent but this is going to be a tough set of games.

I know of at least one Bills fan who was calling for him to play since the start of Season.  Think some may be quite shocked in his performance

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like he won't survive the first game anyway.
I wouldn't go that far but there would be better times to start a new QB than the chargers and chiefs. Next 5 games after that look better, including the Patriots. And dolphins. Twice. Each.

Seriously, that's a funky ### schedule. 

Embarrassing.

Tyrod did throw for 56 yards but Rick Dennison has done Tyrod no favors in fitting this offense to his strengths or adjust.

When you have your OC this week asking the OL coach what we need to change to get this run game going, you have issues.  McDermott losing faith in Dennison, Dennison losing faith in himself.  He wasn't the Bills first choice was the 3rd or 4th.

Maybe Peterman will get the ball out fast, if it's accurate is another story.  Maybe, the Bills get a spark because not much film is out on him.

Traveling to LA to face Bosa/Ingram cross-country - lovely.  At least 15k of that soccer stadium will be Bills fans.

Just from his name I can tell this
Elaine, I too am no stranger to love on the clock. As a youngster, my father apprenticed me to a honey factory in Belize. The chief bee keeper was this horrible hag of a woman with gnarled teeth and a giant wart that she called a nose. Wooh! She was not attractive, even by backwoods standards. But love is truly blind, Elaine, and as the days went on, working closer and closer together, that sweet smell of honey in the air, I knew I had to have that horrible creature. And I did. So you and Bob have a good time tonight.

Just what I've heard

• Most likely rookie to have Zack Prescott success this year
  • Most pro ready QB in this years draft

Quick reads and get rid of the ball

[*]Some projected him to go much higher in the draft

[*]He did beat out the other two backup QBs on the roster very quickly.

[*]Weakness - Arm strength MAY be good enough

• Cold weather and wind requires more velocity and may complicate games going forward in Buffalo

It seems the other teams have determined how to shut down Tyrod.  He can't seem to hit receivers outside the numbers so they are stacking the box and leaving the receivers 1 on 1.  They have to get the ball to the receivers some how some way.  If Peterman can do that they might be able to open up the run game again (my opinion).  He doesn't have to be DeShawn Watson get the team winning again.

One thing is for sure - We will see just how good the receivers really are.

It is not that Tyrod can't hit WRs. 

He won't throw it!!!

Unless the WR is wide open, which just doesn't happen much in the NFL. 

He is like a poker player that will only play AK or better. You can go on a streak and win....but you will never come out ahead in the long run. 

I watched him play in the Senior Bowl and he was impressive. He had a good rapport with Zay Jones in that game. It will be interesting to see if Jones excels when he returns.

One thing I just thought of as to why make the switch now - Anthony Lynn.  He was OC and interim HC in Buffalo last year, and presumably knows Taylor well, including his weaknesses.  Bills might have thought that Lynn would have his number, and now the Chargers have to prepare against a wild card.

What is the way to approach this in dynasty superflex?  I snagged up Peterman the second the news broke thinking I would sell him to the Tyrod owner for whatever I could get out of him.  Now i'm thinking the move is to snag Tyrod for cheap is possible since he could land a starting gig somewhere else next year, which could also mean possibly owning two starting QB's for peanuts going into next year if Peterman performs well. 

Sell Peterman to the Tyrod owner, or buy Tyrod from them and hope to own more starting QB's for cheap?

I have to assume that most people posting here didn't watch the Bills/Saints game.  It was shocking the difference in the offense when Peterman came in.  The ball was coming out very quickly - it's not an exaggeration to say he looked like Tom Brady back there.  I really can't remember the last time I watched a Bills game and saw that kind of passing.  Yes, I know, garbage time, prevent defense, etc. 

Yes, I know, he only looked like Tom Brady for 5 minutes.  I'm a Bills fan and I've seen a lot of games in garbage time against prevent defenses with guys coming off the bench and none of them looked like Peterman did Sunday.  I obviously don't expect him to light it up like that for 60 minutes, but if he manages to avoid turnovers, he should be a solid QB2.

I'm also not a Tyrod hater.  If the Bills decided to stick with Taylor I would have been fine with that.  Now that they've decided to switch, I'm fine with that too.  It was a close call in my opinion.

I have to assume that most people posting here didn't watch the Bills/Saints game.  It was shocking the difference in the offense when Peterman came in.  The ball was coming out very quickly - it's not an exaggeration to say he looked like Tom Brady back there.  I really can't remember the last time I watched a Bills game and saw that kind of passing.  Yes, I know, garbage time, prevent defense, etc. 

Yes, I know, he only looked like Tom Brady for 5 minutes.  I'm a Bills fan and I've seen a lot of games in garbage time against prevent defenses with guys coming off the bench and none of them looked like Peterman did Sunday.  I obviously don't expect him to light it up like that for 60 minutes, but if he manages to avoid turnovers, he should be a solid QB2.

I'm also not a Tyrod hater.  If the Bills decided to stick with Taylor I would have been fine with that.  Now that they've decided to switch, I'm fine with that too.  It was a close call in my opinion.
Not a bad looking dude, but Tom is special :wub:

I like the kid's potential (drafted him back in June, 6th round, but I do expect a few INTs over the next couple games. 

Not a bad looking dude, but Tom is special :wub:

I like the kid's potential (drafted him back in June, 6th round, but I do expect a few INTs over the next couple games. 
Obviously, he's never faced a full NFL defense that was game planned just for him.  So a few "I can't believe he did that" INTs are probably in his future, especially when Bellichick game plans for him twice this year.  But "probably" and "definitely" are not the same thing.  

It is not that Tyrod can't hit WRs. 

He won't throw it!!!

Unless the WR is wide open, which just doesn't happen much in the NFL. 

He is like a poker player that will only play AK or better. You can go on a streak and win....but you will never come out ahead in the long run. 
That's why he's on the bench. Throws a great pass but can't pull the trigger.

No. This might be just what you need to make Benjamin relevant. He seems to be decisive and willing to throw to a guy like KB when he's covered. We need to give it time, but that type of QB is what top WRs need to put up points in FF.
Agreed. Bad pass D's are all that's left the rest of the way although NE twice will be a test.

I watched the game and I had a good impression. Pop pop pop. And he hit Benjamin which apparently was the gameplan on the first drive but TT kind of failed at for the most part. Fwiw even Brady's first couple games weren't great stat-wise. Rookies will be rookies except for Deshaun Watson.

I watched the game and I had a good impression. Pop pop pop. And he hit Benjamin which apparently was the gameplan on the first drive but TT kind of failed at for the most part. Fwiw even Brady's first couple games weren't great stat-wise. Rookies will be rookies except for Deshaun Watson.
Mariota had a pretty good first start, 4 touchdown passes in the 1st half.

Users who are viewing this thread