What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nathan Peterman: It's 2018 & he's their starter. Deja Vu! (1 Viewer)

I would have suggested Ryan Griffin from the Bucs. The kid’s ready. Or maybe Landry Jones. Whoever. Think of all the backups out there, geez just get someone. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Austin Davis is free, seriously he’s good. Joe Webb. Matt Cassel. Seneca Wallace. Earl Morall. Don Strock. Pick up the phone, Bills.. 

The best was when he had two chances at a Hail Mary before halftime from about the 45.   First time he got sacked, bailed out via penalty.  The second attempt, he tried to run 50 yards for a Touchdown.

He's beyond terrible but the coach loves his work ethic and religious background.

The best was when he had two chances at a Hail Mary before halftime from about the 45.   First time he got sacked, bailed out via penalty.  The second attempt, he tried to run 50 yards for a Touchdown.

He's beyond terrible but the coach loves his work ethic and religious background.
Does McDermott really love him? He's not going to throw his guys under the bus, so I expect him to only say positive or neutral things about a player. Obviously he can't say that a guy isn't NFL-caliber, otherwise why are we rostering him? 

From everything I understand, the Bills gave Josh Allen the opportunity to win the starting job in the preseason. When they played the Bengals the offense was annihilated, and so they rolled out with Peterman who had slightly more experience and is not supposed to be the QB of the future. Not to say that he was better, but they just (unwisely) invested the 7th overall pick in Allen so if he is not ready, there's no reason to rush him out there on an untalented offense behind a poor OL. 

Peterman absolutely should be released after this season. Josh Allen will get his shot in 2019, and I hope the team has a legitimate OL and some weapons on offense with the picks and cap space that they will have, but even then I'm pessimistic. We've seen some bad rookie performances followed up by breakthrough seasons (Jared Goff, Mitch Trubisky), but in those situations the team hired an innovative offensive mind for the QB's 2nd season. Do you see them getting rid of Daboll? It's hard to say he did a poor job when he was given no talent to work with. 

EJ Manuel recently made waves when he commented on how Peterman has a job in the NFL after his awful performances meanwhile Manuel is a free agent and has never played as poorly as Peterman has.

Does McDermott really love him? He's not going to throw his guys under the bus, so I expect him to only say positive or neutral things about a player. Obviously he can't say that a guy isn't NFL-caliber, otherwise why are we rostering him? 

From everything I understand, the Bills gave Josh Allen the opportunity to win the starting job in the preseason. When they played the Bengals the offense was annihilated, and so they rolled out with Peterman who had slightly more experience and is not supposed to be the QB of the future. Not to say that he was better, but they just (unwisely) invested the 7th overall pick in Allen so if he is not ready, there's no reason to rush him out there on an untalented offense behind a poor OL. 

Peterman absolutely should be released after this season. Josh Allen will get his shot in 2019, and I hope the team has a legitimate OL and some weapons on offense with the picks and cap space that they will have, but even then I'm pessimistic. We've seen some bad rookie performances followed up by breakthrough seasons (Jared Goff, Mitch Trubisky), but in those situations the team hired an innovative offensive mind for the QB's 2nd season. Do you see them getting rid of Daboll? It's hard to say he did a poor job when he was given no talent to work with. 

EJ Manuel recently made waves when he commented on how Peterman has a job in the NFL after his awful performances meanwhile Manuel is a free agent and has never played as poorly as Peterman has.
Yes, any coach would have dumped him by now even with injury or have gotten him on a practice squad.  When Allen and Anderson are healthy there is no reason he should he on the active roster.  Cut him and sign him to your practice squad.  EJ was a first round pick and had a shorter leash, he should have kept his mouth shot because he sucks too.

McDermott dating back to last year has a soft spot for this guy. Their wives are in bible study together and it's getting gross how the "culture" is just signing guys that are Christian. Yes many football players are but it's looking like McDermott/Beane are SEEKING those players out to create "culture over strategy"

The Steelers lockeroom is a mess and they do what they want, but they have some strong leadership and are 5-2.  Not to mention when McDermott talks about the weather in Buffalo and controlling the line of scrimmage like it's 1940.  I really hope that with $80 in cap space next year we can add pieces like the Bears did (Robinson, Gabriel, Burton)

Yes, any coach would have dumped him by now even with injury or have gotten him on a practice squad.  When Allen and Anderson are healthy there is no reason he should he on the active roster.  Cut him and sign him to your practice squad.  EJ was a first round pick and had a shorter leash, he should have kept his mouth shot because he sucks too.

McDermott dating back to last year has a soft spot for this guy. Their wives are in bible study together and it's getting gross how the "culture" is just signing guys that are Christian. Yes many football players are but it's looking like McDermott/Beane are SEEKING those players out to create "culture over strategy"

The Steelers lockeroom is a mess and they do what they want, but they have some strong leadership and are 5-2.  Not to mention when McDermott talks about the weather in Buffalo and controlling the line of scrimmage like it's 1940.  I really hope that with $80 in cap space next year we can add pieces like the Bears did (Robinson, Gabriel, Burton)
I've heard this religious angle with Peterman but haven't seen anything definitive on it. And what other players were brought in (and confirmed to be) because of their religious faith?

I've heard this religious angle with Peterman but haven't seen anything definitive on it. And what other players were brought in (and confirmed to be) because of their religious faith?
There's a tweet going around that shows all the Bills twitter bio's and the one's that talk about Christianity.  Again nothing wrong with having religious faith based guys,every-team does but that's what they are looking for when building their "culture" - This reminds me a lot of when Marv was GM and they drafted "character only players" even though somehow Lynch was on the roster.  Just seems pretty funny that many if not all of the players they are bringing in are all religious and faith based like their coach/GM.

Trent Murphy, Neal, Croom, Peterman, Dawkins, Pryor, White, Stanford, R. Lewis, T. Johnson - That's already close to 20% of the roster - maybe this is best for the Bills thread.

Let's see if they go after McKensie the WR the Broncos cut or Bradford.

Really clashes with his inability to throw the Hail Mary, no?

There's a tweet going around that shows all the Bills twitter bio's and the one's that talk about Christianity.  Again nothing wrong with having religious faith based guys,every-team does but that's what they are looking for when building their "culture" - This reminds me a lot of when Marv was GM and they drafted "character only players" even though somehow Lynch was on the roster.  Just seems pretty funny that many if not all of the players they are bringing in are all religious and faith based like their coach/GM.

Trent Murphy, Neal, Croom, Peterman, Dawkins, Pryor, White, Stanford, R. Lewis, T. Johnson - That's already close to 20% of the roster - maybe this is best for the Bills thread.

Let's see if they go after McKensie the WR the Broncos cut or Bradford.
@Tommy Collins Bills signed McKenzie. 

He must have compromising pics of the owner....I'm not sure there's any other explanation as to why this dude is taking snaps in the NFL.

Bills waived QB Nathan Peterman.

It comes the same day coach Sean McDermott said he was "still confident" in Peterman. The 171st pick in last year's draft, Peterman was dubbed a sleeper pick at the time but went on to be anything but competent in his brief time in Buffalo. The 24-year-old made eight appearances in 1.5 seasons with the Bills, starting four games, going 1-3 with a historically-bad 3:12 TD:INT mark, throwing an interception on 9.2% of his passes. It's pretty telling that longtime borderline NFLer Matt Barkley joined the Bills less than two weeks ago and immediately looked like a Hall of Famer compared to Peterman. We'd bet he eventually gets another shot and a much needed change of scenery. He'll never develop into a starter with long odds of becoming even a No. 2.

Related: Bills

Nov 12 - 8:03 PM

Raiders signed QB Nathan Peterman.

While still working for ESPN then, coach Jon Gruden called Peterman the most pro-ready quarterback in the 2017 draft class, one that also included Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. Gruden thought Peterman should go "no lower than the second round." He went in the fifth and has been one of the worst quarterbacks in NFL history through his first two seasons.
https://tenor.com/view/mike-tyson-boxer-laughing-clapping-lmao-gif-3476965

Christmas comes a week early for Colin Kaepernick's lawyers.  :lmao:
  :fro:

John Gruden thinks every QB is going to be his next Rich Gannon, proving him to be the genius who finds diamonds in the rough.  If he were to start Peterman over Carr he can just start chugging purple drank, bring JaMarcus Russell back, and accept that he really has been the Al Davis of coaches all along.

If Peterman starts ANY games for The Raiders this year for WHATEVER reason they will have another high draft pick next year.

The fact that this guy keeps getting a job is the best argument Kap has for being blackballed.  I'm better than Peterman and I haven't played qb outside of Thanksgiving family games.

Bears QB Nathan Peterman will start in Week 12 against the Bears.​

May God have mercy on our souls. Trevor Siemian was going to get the nod in place of Justin Fields (shoulder) but suffered an oblique injury in warmups. Peterman, with a career completion rate of 52.5 percent and two touchdowns to 12 interceptions, will start against an elite Jets secondary. New York becomes the top fantasy defense for Week 12 and no Bears players can be started with a modicum of confidence in any fantasy format.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
Nov 27, 2022, 12:14 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread