What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shazier vs Jack (1 Viewer)

Gally

Footballguy
Any thoughts on trading Shazier (salary of $10 plus escalation which would be an additional $16 if the season ended to today for a total of $26/2018) for Myles Jack ($5/2019)?  Shazier is currently the #5 LB in our scoring and Jack is #17LB. 

Total salary cap is $250 and we can start up 2 or 3 LB's.  Big Play scoring (1 pt/tackle; 8 pts/sack; 9 pts/INT)

I currently have

Jarad Davis ($10/2019)

Eric Kendricks ($7/2017)

Denzel Perryman ($10/2017)

Carl Lawson ($1/2019)

Shazier ($10 plus escalation currently max at plus $16 for total of $26)

$26 seems way too much to pay for any LB.  I'd prefer the discount you get with Jack, as I see him just getting started.  He should really take off when Posluszny hangs it up and he gets the middle all to himself.  Posluszny is a UFA in 2018.  Telvin Smith will always be a thorn, but there is room for two LBs to do well in JAX.

$26 seems way too much to pay for any LB.  I'd prefer the discount you get with Jack, as I see him just getting started.  He should really take off when Posluszny hangs it up and he gets the middle all to himself.  Posluszny is a UFA in 2018.  Telvin Smith will always be a thorn, but there is room for two LBs to do well in JAX.
Our scoring is balanced so every position is very similar in scoring by tier.  $26 is the average of the top 5 LB salaries and he will escalate to that since he isn't under contract if he finishes as a top 5 scoring LB (which he is currently #5). 

I agree that Jack is just getting started and being under contract through 2019 to avoid any escalation is a big benefit. 

Jeesh........this forum is completely dead.
Sorry Gally.  I read, and appreciate your help in here.  I just don't have enough experience with contract leagues to feel like I can give advice of any value there...

Sorry Gally.  I read, and appreciate your help in here.  I just don't have enough experience with contract leagues to feel like I can give advice of any value there...
No worries.  I totally understand.  I just wish this forum was more active in general for this type of stuff.  Even if I don't have specific questions having a nice base of people discussing different scenarios is a key way to gain knowledge.  It is just disappointing that the IDP side has been diminishing so much. 

I like Shazier over Jack even with paying him the higher salary. Honestly he is worth every penny. The only knock against him is his injury history/missing games. There are very few LBs I would rather have for the foreseeable future. If upping his salary to that amount is paying him as a top 5 LB then you are fine as he has been a top 5 LB (actually #1 in my league up until week 8 or so) He is easily one of the fastest LB in the NFL right now who is also capable of covering WRs. He has huge big game potential even in bad matchups.

This forum used to be the best place to go for IDP chat and content. I have to admit, I have not been a part of it like I used to be. I plan to be more active and hope others that used to be active as well,  will join me in waking this place up before it becomes a graveyard.

I ended up keeping Shazier as the other guy started adding more to the discussion that didn't make sense and made it easier to decline.  Hopefully Shazier is not permanently injured and can resume soon.  A very unfortunate situation for sure. 

Users who are viewing this thread