What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will Aaron Jones be the starter in 2018? (1 Viewer)

spider321

Footballguy
Do you guys think he’ll be the #1 in 2018, or will the Packers continue to use a rbbc, or do you think they’ll draft a RB high next summer?

Last edited by a moderator:
An early pick seems highly unlikely with all the other holes to patch. Gun to my head I'd say a Jones/Williams timeshare/hot hand approach on early downs with Monty mainly in on passing downs looks like the most likely outcome, but who knows? 

There's an Aaron Jones thread you can post in that can give you info on this you know. Search function?
There wasn’t much, if any, discussion of this question in the Aaron Jones thread.

You may be on to something, though.  Perhaps we should just make one “Football” thread and everyone can just discuss and search everything related to football there.

Based on what we've seen on the field this season, yes. 

I'd be surprised, as mentioned above, if they spent an early pick at RB. But you never know.

He had two great games and then a season ending injury. That hardly secures a starting job in the NFL.  We need to see what Williams does and how much durability Montgomery shows as far as whether or not they draft someone else. I suspect they won't draft anyone but I don't think anyone has a clear role locked down for next year.  Much will depend on how the rest of the season plays out.

I wouldn't invest too much if buying. He looked good in his limited touches. But so did Rawls, Hill, Langford, Anderson and countless others. You have to be careful putting too much stock in a lot of these non-bellcow backs that can easily be replaced in the draft. 

I'm holding him in my keeper/dynasty as I acquired him for free. I need to let the offseason play out before I cut him loose. Had the opportunity (still do) to pick up Williams this week but chose to go another direction (Burkhead.)

My hope is that Jones is indeed the true RB1 in Green Bay next year.

Its going to be hard to say until the season plays out but I think he's the best back on the team. The problem is they really like Montgomery and he's very versatile. Plus he brings a little something different to the table. Williams is much more of a plodder but I could definitely see him being the short yardage-goalline back. 

RBBC w/ Jones leading is my guess. 

There wasn’t much, if any, discussion of this question in the Aaron Jones thread.

You may be on to something, though.  Perhaps we should just make one “Football” thread and everyone can just discuss and search everything related to football there.
It's funny how when no one posts in a thread on a specific question there's always little, if any, discussion of that question in the thread.

You might be on to something though.  Perhaps every time someone wants to discuss a new idea regarding a player that already has a thread, we should just start a new thread and everyone can just search through the 300 Aaron Rodgers threads looking for the one talking about his contract status while ignoring those pesky little ones about the status of his injury, his rehab (because that's a different question than the injury itself), his HOF level play, and his most recent Anthem pose.

As an additional bonus, maintaining the Index to Offensive Player and Team threads would be super more fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hankmoody said:
It's funny how when no one posts in a thread on a specific question there's always little, if any, discussion of that question in the thread.

You might be on to something though.  Perhaps every time someone wants to discuss a new idea regarding a player that already has a thread, we should just start a new thread and everyone can just search through the 300 Aaron Rodgers threads looking for the one talking about his contract status while ignoring those pesky little ones about the status of his injury, his rehab (because that's a different question than the injury itself), his HOF level play, and his most recent Anthem pose.

As an additional bonus, maintaining the Index to Offensive Player and Team threads would be super more fun.
:golfclap:

I don't know why people take it so personally when other people point out player threads exist for a reason.

Much of what's going to determine who'll be their starter isn't written yet.

So much so that it would essentially be a wild guess.

On straight ability, I'd bet against Jones, especially as a long-term starter.

Users who are viewing this thread