What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dream/nightmare season (1 Viewer)

Sarlakticacid

Footballguy
Anyone benefiting from multiple teams crapping the bed vs your team 

or 

the opposite with teams teams having their game of the year vs your team?

I'm mostly shocked by one of my teams success this year. Heading into Week 1 (for various reasons) I felt this team was a prime candidate for finishing bottom 2 (of 12) this year. I was even secretly hoping it would because I was excited for a chance to draft Saquan Barkley in '18. Yet (even after losing a few guys to IR) I'm 8-2 and pretty much assured a playoff slot and likely bye the first round. Also the top record in the league and a 3-game lead in my division. Lady Luck has been good to me so far.

I don't know if this qualifies, but I'm 4-6 in one league and I've lost to the division leader twice; he's 6-4.  Both losses have been by .4 points!  So close to being first in the division, now fighting to even make the playoffs.

I'm in the playoffs (as of right now) in all of my leagues, but it's been a nightmare.  I've lost many close games (a few by less than a half point) or with second best scores of the week in multiple leagues.

In one league, luckily I'm in a crappy division and currently tied for first. I drafted Hilton thinking Luck would be back by week 2.  I have Evans whose QB play hasn't helped not to mention the suspension. Fitz lost his QB.  Martavis Bryant was a disaster.  I lost Woodhead in week 1. Powell's usage has been confusing at best. I've had at least 1-3 injuries every week contributing to those close losses. I traded Coleman the week that Freeman gets hurt. It's been one thing after another. I guess I'm lucky to still be tied for the division.

Most points scored in one league, 5th most points against. I'm 5-5 and scuffling for a playoff spot.

Fifth-most scored in another (5th-fewest FPA). I'm 8-2 and in second place.

Sarlakticacid said:
the opposite with teams teams having their game of the year vs your team?
10 team dynasty league, start 1 qb, 1 rb, 2 wr, 2 flex, 1 te, idps...Roster at start of season was:

Rodgers, Watson, Cam

Zeek, Hunt, Fournette, Ingram, Hyde, Abdullah

Landry, Jeffery, Allen, Juju, Josh gordon, Parker

Olsen, Reed, Ebron

IDPs including Watt, Melvin Gordon as a DL, Wagner, Sean Lee, Collins and others

Currently 5-5, and very possibly going to lose this weekend.  I still have 5 of the top 10 scoring RBs in the league, and I just can't find a win.

10 team dynasty league, start 1 qb, 1 rb, 2 wr, 2 flex, 1 te, idps...Roster at start of season was:

Rodgers, Watson, Cam

Zeek, Hunt, Fournette, Ingram, Hyde, Abdullah

Landry, Jeffery, Allen, Juju, Josh gordon, Parker

Olsen, Reed, Ebron

IDPs including Watt, Melvin Gordon as a DL, Wagner, Sean Lee, Collins and others

Currently 5-5, and very possibly going to lose this weekend.  I still have 5 of the top 10 scoring RBs in the league, and I just can't find a win.
Make a trade to upgrade WR and/or QB IMO

I'm 8-2 & leading in points in one league looks like I'll hopefully get a bye in week one of the play offs how ever it's been a real struggle as I've had to work the waiver wire all year!  I've lost Spencer Ware, Chris Carson, Aaron Jones, Zeke to suspension, my back up Bradford, Chris Hogan, Fitz lost Palmer, T.Y. Hilton with out Luck, picked up Chris Samuel he's out too and more as I've lost track. Thankfully I drafted Kamara, the Jags D and Russell Wilson.  I'm in a keep 3 Dynasty league my keepers this year were Zeke, Michael Thomas and T.Y. Very strange Fantasy year.

4th in points scored....and I am 2-8.  My opponent's all play record this year is 74-16.  None of my opponents have finished in the bottom half in a given week.  3 times I have faced the high score of the week, and two times I faced the second highest score of the week.

It has been one of those years.

3-7 second in points

#1 in points against by over 200 points over the next guy.

Going to Victory Points only leagues next year.

Make a trade to upgrade WR and/or QB IMO
I did - traded a hurt Watson a week ago for a future likely early first round pick and Drew Brees.  Started Brees over Cam this past week.  Lost because of it.

I only need to start 2 WRs, and my top 4 (Landry, Jeffery, Allen and Juju) are all pretty solid.  I just pick the best two matchups and roll with it.  No one is moving off of a "top WR" anyway. 

It's a nightmare season for a lot in the traditional "draft teams for the year" leagues.  The overvaluation of QBs and the devaluation of RBs in the NFL has created a void.  If a QB goes down....backups are usually so bad that it almost kills the value of any skill players on that team.  The RBBC has made it almost impossible to consistently get week in and week out winners.

It's a nightmare season for a lot in the traditional "draft teams for the year" leagues.  The overvaluation of QBs and the devaluation of RBs in the NFL has created a void.  If a QB goes down....backups are usually so bad that it almost kills the value of any skill players on that team.  The RBBC has made it almost impossible to consistently get week in and week out winners.
Very good point about how backup QBs kill the stud wrs and tes.   

You guys still play with bye weeks in ff?  Oh my.

You could probably rename this thread "why this is  dumb hobby" and get better relevant posts.  Everything that has been posted is the who's who of why it is a fascinating hobby that is really frustratingly ignorant.  Every year, we see these scenarios where a guy is 2-8 because he was the second highest corer five weeks in a row but happened to play the top scorer,or lost his entire team to injury, or happened to play against jack Doyle that one week he scored thirty (never to again) and then played some guy named Ben Watson the next week when he had that one game in his life where he caught 15 balls and somehow, someway, the Falcons didn't seem interested in knowing Mr. Watson's whereabouts at any time during the game.  

It's the same list of numerous scenarios every year.  The names change but the situation remains the same.  

It's fun to talk about (or sympathize with) in threads like this but Everytime I read one I always think "I can't believe I did this as long as I did". Imust have been a class A egomaniac to actually think that any level of skill or knowledge I ever possessed regarding football was driving this NFL short bus down Misery lane.  

one of my dynasty teams is 7-3 which is unexpected. I was thinking I'd be a losing team this season, but my pre-seson trade of sending McCoy packing for D. Adams, a 2018 1st & Gronk, Juju & Kupp hitting, having Fournette fall to me at 1.02 & Ingram blowing up = I'm happy. Now if Gillislee would do something so I could trade him I'd be thrilled!

After Rodgets went down, I thought my other dynasty team was toast, but I was able to grab McCown off the ww & trade Tate for Rivers kept my head above water. Then I made some other deals. Sending Zeke packing opened the door to the many trades I made acquiring Julio then moving him & ultimately ending up with Fournette & Ingram as my starting Rbs & Diggs, Evans, Landry, T. Hill as starting WRs. I still have Kupp & such on bench. I did move Juju in that league, though, but it got me Fournette!

How many divisions?   If 3, why are you playing your division opponents twice already?

We've always played division games the first 3 weeks, and the final 3 weeks.

This will be my last year for redraft. I was already playing DFS almost exclusively last season and next year it will be 100%. Watson getting hurt was the last straw. I cut down to only one high stakes team this year and almost every player that I drafted or picked up has either missed a game or is out for the year. This hobby has turned into scouring the waiver wire to find the next season ending injury. I'm down to starting Blake ####### Bortles this week. 

It was a magical ride until Watson went down too. This was a great year to get cheap stud QBs with Watson, Goff, and even Alex Smith. 

Traded Kareem Hunt before the season and I'm sitting at 7-3.

Still hurts.

I would say my season is more on the dream season side as I haven't run into the injury problems some in this thread have had. *knock wood*  In two leagues and my only significant loss has been Greg Olsen in each?  I'll take that every freakin season.

It's been an extremely lucky season for me.  I drafted terribly in the early rounds (Murray, Zeke, Lynch) and great in the later rounds (ertz, wentz, hogan, juju, engram).  I have dodged the many many injuries and been on the winning side of the really close HTH matchups.  I'm sitting in first place, but I'm not giving myself too much credit for it.  

3rd most points out of 14, most points against, 5-5.  only scored less than 110 once.  .5ppr with 1 extra flex, qbs 4 point tds, -2 INTs.  lost DJ and now zeke.  crazy year.  currently 6th and in playoffs but 10/14 teams still in race and i'm only in bc of tiebreakers.  my fantasy schedule is about to get brutal as i'm playing 3 of the top 6 teams next 3

2-8 in my dynasty league.....I'm middle of the road for scoring, but am #1 in points against my team.  After 10 weeks, the next closest team is averaging 15 ppg against less.  The best team in this category is averaging 30 ppg less.  I just hope for this trend to continue for the next 3 weeks to get the first round pick in next year's draft.  Knowing my luck, I will win the next three games and finish at 5-8....which will get me the 4th or 5th pick. 

Users who are viewing this thread