Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shader

Trump and the 16 women

On 7/10/2019 at 4:00 PM, Max Power said:

>>“I loved that,” said Carroll. “If you look at the pictures, Ivana and I looked almost identical back in the day.” (Both Carroll and Trump’s former wife are blond with heart-shaped faces.)<<

Carroll just reaffirming that back when this happened she was very much Trump’s type.

On 6/28/2019 at 2:30 AM, zoonation said:

I don’t believe any Trump supporter in this forum genuinely believes that every single one of these women is lying about the sexual assault/rape allegations against Trump.  

They just overlook it.   

On 6/28/2019 at 9:04 AM, timschochet said:

I just can’t get past that answer “She’s not my type.” Every woman I know that hears that cringes- including my step-mother in law, who has been a Trump supporter. She thinks he’s a pig though. 

I feel like I need to start beating the 2-party system (as it currently stands) is not good for us drum again.  The reason this scenario is possible is somebody who has wrapped their identity and self worth around being a Republican is, in most cases, not going to “turn their back on the party” when they feel there’s too much to lose.  

Posted (edited)

And to be clear, I think the same could happen on the other side but I have a feeling we won’t see anything like Trump again ( hopefully I’m not being naive).

ETA - to clarify even further - a person that would take some extreme left-leaning stances and be a corrupt person.

Edited by AAABatteries

5 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I feel like I need to start beating the 2-party system (as it currently stands) is not good for us drum again.  The reason this scenario is possible is somebody who has wrapped their identity and self worth around being a Republican is, in most cases, not going to “turn their back on the party” when they feel there’s too much to lose.  

IMO the positives of the two party system far outweighs the negatives. This is so despite the current strong tribalism that exists. 

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

IMO the positives of the two party system far outweighs the negatives. This is so despite the current strong tribalism that exists. 

I think you’ve said this before - can you list those?  You may be right but currently the tribalism doesn’t seem to be getting any better.

7 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I think you’ve said this before - can you list those?  You may be right but currently the tribalism doesn’t seem to be getting any better.

Long term stability and avoidance of extremism are the most important attributes. I realize people might laugh at this at the current time because Trump is certainly the most extreme President we’ve ever had. But note that as much as he might like to, he can’t accomplish most of the extremist goals he desires because the system prevents him from doing so. On the other hand take a look at Israel: their multi-party system has given some extremist hardline conservatives power that they’d never have here to force their views into reality, often with disastrous results. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, timschochet said:

Long term stability and avoidance of extremism are the most important attributes.  I realize people might laugh at this at the current time

Western Europe laughs right along with those people

22 hours ago, timschochet said:

Long term stability and avoidance of extremism are the most important attributes. I realize people might laugh at this at the current time because Trump is certainly the most extreme President we’ve ever had. But note that as much as he might like to, he can’t accomplish most of the extremist goals he desires because the system prevents him from doing so. On the other hand take a look at Israel: their multi-party system has given some extremist hardline conservatives power that they’d never have here to force their views into reality, often with disastrous results. 

The system is preventing his methodology/premise, not the ideas.  This administration's ineptitude is staggering, but saving the country from a lot worse results if say a Pence or Cruz were running the show.

On 7/14/2019 at 8:03 AM, timschochet said:

I agree that a two party system is the best for a presidential democracy.  Aside from the US though, presidential democracy doesn't have a history of working very well.

I saw E Jean Carroll is going to persue legal action against Trump. Happy to see that.

• Like 1

Thread title needs an update.  In addition to the previous two dozen or so, an excerpt from a new book dropped today.  The book apparently details 26 new cases of "unwanted sexual contact" (sexual assault) against Trump.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-sexual-assault-allegations-harassment-groping-women-karen-johnson-book-a9149021.html

6 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Thread title needs an update.  In addition to the previous two dozen or so, an excerpt from a new book dropped today.  The book apparently details 26 new cases of "unwanted sexual contact" (sexual assault) against Trump.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-sexual-assault-allegations-harassment-groping-women-karen-johnson-book-a9149021.html

Once again, his supporters will brush it off as fake news and nothing will change.  Just another person pushing a book they wrote.  Nothing to see here.

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if a majority of Trump supporters really think all these allegations are Fake News.  I think they just don't care.  They knew he was a gross poon hound when they voted for him.  Probably well before that.  It's just baked in.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

I'd be surprised if a majority of Trump supporters really think all these allegations are Fake News.  I think they just don't care.  They knew he was a gross poon hound when they voted for him.  Probably well before that.  It's just baked in.  

I also think some even look up to him for it.  They think he's a stud.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I also think some even look up to him for it.  They think he's a stud.

Oh yeah. Punching down and being a huge richard is admired by more than a few.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

Oh yeah. Punching down and being a huge richard is admired by more than a few.

"Alphas"

• Like 3

On 10/9/2019 at 6:34 PM, Henry Ford said:

Are we at 43, 59 or 65 or? I've completely lost track

7 hours ago, msommer said:

Are we at 43, 59 or 65 or? I've completely lost track

Prolly gonna have to add a couple more to the tally after that rock star of a rally. 

8 hours ago, tonydead said:

Prolly gonna have to add a couple more to the tally after that rock star of a rally. 

Yeah...nothing more funny than sexual assault jokes...

Dude...

On 10/10/2019 at 10:48 PM, tonydead said:

Take a week off

• Thanks 1

Dang. Not only was he appearing okay with sexual assault, but its as if it was a good thing to be cheered on.

Never seen such a Cult of Personality in American before. At least not one that has everything enshrined in the "negatives" of humanity.

• Like 2