What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump and the 16 women (1 Viewer)

Long term stability and avoidance of extremism are the most important attributes. I realize people might laugh at this at the current time because Trump is certainly the most extreme President we’ve ever had. But note that as much as he might like to, he can’t accomplish most of the extremist goals he desires because the system prevents him from doing so. On the other hand take a look at Israel: their multi-party system has given some extremist hardline conservatives power that they’d never have here to force their views into reality, often with disastrous results. 
I agree that a two party system is the best for a presidential democracy.  Aside from the US though, presidential democracy doesn't have a history of working very well.

Thread title needs an update.  In addition to the previous two dozen or so, an excerpt from a new book dropped today.  The book apparently details 26 new cases of "unwanted sexual contact" (sexual assault) against Trump.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-sexual-assault-allegations-harassment-groping-women-karen-johnson-book-a9149021.html
Once again, his supporters will brush it off as fake news and nothing will change.  Just another person pushing a book they wrote.  Nothing to see here.

I'd be surprised if a majority of Trump supporters really think all these allegations are Fake News.  I think they just don't care.  They knew he was a gross poon hound when they voted for him.  Probably well before that.  It's just baked in.  

Dang. Not only was he appearing okay with sexual assault, but its as if it was a good thing to be cheered on.

Never seen such a Cult of Personality in American before. At least not one that has everything enshrined in the "negatives" of humanity.

Apparently they found 4 different DNA samples on the coat that has been on a hanger since the mid 90’s?

:jawdrop:
This isn't shocking. 

It could be from people handling the dress in the store before she bought it. Could be dry cleaners, could be somebody she bumped into in the store, could be the cleaning lady at her house that had to move it, could be a relative that bumped into it at christmas, could have been from so many things.

Since they got very little info, more than likely they are not able to exclude a very large % of the population. I mean they can only tell for certain one of them is even male DNA. That's how little we are talking about here. 

parasaurolophus said:
This isn't shocking. 

It could be from people handling the dress in the store before she bought it. Could be dry cleaners, could be somebody she bumped into in the store, could be the cleaning lady at her house that had to move it, could be a relative that bumped into it at christmas, could have been from so many things.

Since they got very little info, more than likely they are not able to exclude a very large % of the population. I mean they can only tell for certain one of them is even male DNA. That's how little we are talking about here. 
It’s probably not enough to compel a sample or prove her account. It doesn’t even mean they’ve met or that it would be admissible as evidence. It would, however, lend some credibility to her story as far as public opinion is concerned. Trump says they’ve never met (we’ve heard this one before). If his dna is on her clothes it makes it harder to believe, but again isn’t really proof of anything. 

she kept a dress from the 1990's ?  one wore during a rape? I highly HIGHLY doubt that, it would bring such horrible memories they'd want it gone I'd think

Last edited by a moderator:
she kept a dress from the 1990's ?  one wore during a rape? I highly HIGHLY doubt that, it would bring such horrible memories they'd want it gone I'd think
Or, she knows damn well what happens to women when they come forward about rape by wealthy men and never had the courage to say anything. But kept the dress as proof if one day she did.

Or, she knows damn well what happens to women when they come forward about rape by wealthy men and never had the courage to say anything. But kept the dress as proof if one day she did.
Yeah ok. She was on the forefront of DNA technology and knew that within ten years they would be able to test the clothes so she kept it and never washed it or wore it. 

Just in case she came forward, ya know? 

Yeah ok. She was on the forefront of DNA technology and knew that within ten years they would be able to test the clothes so she kept it and never washed it or wore it. 

Just in case she came forward, ya know? 
They were very capable of testing DNA at the time Trump raped her

Considering her Anderson Cooper interview.  I don't think her memories were horrible.

ANDERSON COOPER, CNN: So you don't feel like a victim?

E. JEAN CARROLL: I was not thrown on the ground and ravished. Which, the word "rape" carries so many sexual connotations. This was not sexual. It just, it hurt.

ANDERSON COOPER: I think most people think of rape as a violent assault. It is not sexual--

E. JEAN CARROLL: I think most people think of rape as being sexy.

ANDERSON COOPER: Let's take a short break.

E. JEAN CARROLL: Think of the fantasies.

ANDERSON COOPER: We're going to take a short break. If you could stick around we can talk more.

E. JEAN CARROLL: You're fascinating to talk to.

They were very capable of testing DNA at the time Trump raped her
They didnt have the capability to perform the test she had done on the clothing in question. It would have required a visible stain or a wet fluid back then. If it had such a stain, the results that would have been released by her would have been very different. 

Trump’s lawyers objecting to providing a DNA sample as overly burdensome.  

Weird, you’d think he’d want to be exonerated since he never met her. 

Henry Ford said:
Trump’s lawyers objecting to providing a DNA sample as overly burdensome.  

Weird, you’d think he’d want to be exonerated since he never met her. 
Maybe they can do it during "Executive time" or during the morning (tweet) dump...

I'm just going to put this here instead of the Russia investigation thread because this falls on the seedy side.

Trump and Miss Moscow: Report Examines Possible Compromises in Russia Trips

The Senate committee report says that President Trump may have had a relationship with a Russian beauty pageant winner.

Two decades before he ran for president, Donald J. Trump traveled to Russia, where he scouted properties, was wined and dined and, of greatest significance to Senate intelligence investigators, met a woman who was a former Miss Moscow.

A Trump associate, Robert Curran, who was interviewed by the Senate investigators, said he believed Mr. Trump may have had a romantic relationship with the woman. On the same trip, another Trump associate, Leon D. Black, told investigators that he and Mr. Trump “might have been in a strip club together.” Another witness said that Mr. Trump may have been with other women in Moscow and later brought them along to a meeting with the mayor.

Mr. Trump was married to Marla Maples at the time.

Mr. Curran is an American photographer whose work hung in Mr. Trump’s SoHo hotel. Mr. Black is a founder of the private equity firm Apollo Global Management.

The allegations about Mr. Trump were included in the fifth and final volume of a bipartisan report released on Tuesday by the Senate Intelligence Committee, which presented potentially compromising information that the Russians may have on Mr. Trump and could use against him as leverage.

But at the same time, the committee cast some doubt on the significance of the allegations, saying investigators “did not establish” that the Russian government actually had compromising information on Mr. Trump. The report also said there was no evidence the Russians had sought to blackmail Mr. Trump or others working for his 2016 presidential campaign.

The report justified the inclusion of the salacious details about the president as necessary to understand the threat of a possible foreign influence operation or whether misinformation was spreading that could harm the American political process. The details were in a section of the report about the Russian art of “kompromat,” or disseminating damaging information to discredit a rival or an enemy, which can pose a national security threat by targeting American officials.

Senator Mark Warner, Democrat of Virginia, who is the vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said in an interview that he wanted to let the section about whether Mr. Trump was potentially compromised by the Russians speak for itself.

“On that subject, I would simply say Americans should read the report and make their own conclusions,” Mr. Warner said.

...The report released Tuesday provided one of the most detailed official accounts of Mr. Trump’s time in Russia. Over dozens of pages in the nearly 1,000-page document, the report said that a Marriott executive told committee investigators that after Mr. Trump traveled to Russia in 2013 for the Miss Universe pageant the executive overheard two colleagues who worked at the Ritz-Carlton in Moscow discussing video footage that they said showed Mr. Trump with women in an elevator at the hotel.

Similar accusations have arisen before. A dossier of largely unverified information compiled by a former British spy, Christopher Steele, about Mr. Trump’s ties to Russia claimed that during Mr. Trump’s 2013 trip to Moscow there was video of him with prostitutes in his Ritz-Carlton hotel room. A person Mr. Steele relied on for that information later told the F.B.I. that the allegation was just a rumor he was passing along.

The Ritz-Carlton, the Senate report said, is a “high counterintelligence risk environment” that has “at least one permanent Russian intelligence officer on staff, government surveillance of guests’ rooms and the regular presence of a large number of prostitutes, likely with at least the tacit approval of Russian authorities.”

The Marriott executive told the committee that one of the colleagues he overheard discussing the footage from the Ritz-Carlton said the video showed Mr. Trump “with several women” in the elevator, whom the colleague “implied to be ‘hostesses.’”

The executive said that the colleagues were discussing how to deal with the recording. But as they went back and forth about the matter, they moved to a more private place where it was more difficult to hear the conversation.

The committee interviewed the two colleagues who said they did not recall seeing the recording.

“The committee was not able to resolve these discrepancies,” the report said.

The report also said that a Trump associate, David Geovanis, an American businessman based in Russia who was in Moscow for the 1996 visit, continued to discuss Mr. Trump’s relationship with the former Miss Moscow after the president’s inauguration in 2017. According to the committee report, Mr. Curran, the photographer and a friend of Mr. Geovanis, told Senate investigators that he had asked Mr. Geovanis, “What exactly happened … did they hook up, or whatever?’’

Mr. Geovanis responded, Mr. Curran told the investigators, with “Yeah, well, I saw them again the next day and they were together, so.”

It was a hot, sticky summer, the way Michael Cohen tells it, not unlike the one the nation is currently pulling itself out of. It was 2012, another election year, and he had taken his family to Bedminster, New Jersey, for a day of playing tennis and hanging by the pool at the club owned by his then boss, Donald Trump. At the time the job perk seemed like a real chit. Cohen was years away from watching the favors he did on behalf of his boss blow up in his face. It was well before he paid a hush money settlement to Stormy Daniels in the run-up to the 2016 election, which ultimately landed him in prison and in front of congressional and criminal investigators. And it was ages before he published a tell-all about his time in Trumpworld, aptly called Disloyal, out this week. 

That summer day felt like all the others before it, standing alongside Trump outside the pool area, discussing what Cohen writes was “some pressing business matter, like the size of the breasts of a woman sunbathing on a lounge chair.” Somehow Trump’s attention was diverted to another skirt walking off a tennis court. “Look at that piece of ###,” Cohen recalls Trump saying, as he whistled and pointed. “I would love some of that.” It so happened that Trump was referring to Cohen’s then 15-year-old daughter, Samantha. 

Cohen informed Trump of his mistake. “That’s your daughter?” Trump responded. “When did she get so hot?” When Samantha reached her dad, Trump asked her for a kiss on the cheek, before inquiring, “When did you get such a beautiful figure?” and warning her that in a few years, he would be dating one of her friends. 

Emily Jane Fox: The book contains a stunning story about Trump making a comment about how you looked when you were 15.

Samantha Cohen: There are so many creepy men, and it was hardly the first comment like that I’d heard. It was almost meaningless to me at the moment because I’d heard them before. If you can hit on a 15-year-old, I am pretty sure there is something wrong with you, and when you allow someone with that little integrity to be in the most powerful office, that sets the tone for the rest of the country’s culture. ...
VF - interview with Samantha Cohen.

A former model has accused Donald Trump of assaulting her.

>>A former model has come forward to accuse Donald Trump of sexually assaulting her at the US Open tennis tournament more than two decades ago, in an alleged incident that left her feeling “sick” and “violated”.

In an exclusive interview with the Guardian, Amy Dorris alleged that Trump accosted her outside the bathroom in his VIP box at the tournament in New York on 5 September 1997.

Dorris, who was 24 at the time, accuses Trump of forcing his tongue down her throat, assaulting her all over her body and holding her in a grip she was unable to escape from.<<

A former model has accused Donald Trump of assaulting her.

>>A former model has come forward to accuse Donald Trump of sexually assaulting her at the US Open tennis tournament more than two decades ago, in an alleged incident that left her feeling “sick” and “violated”.

In an exclusive interview with the Guardian, Amy Dorris alleged that Trump accosted her outside the bathroom in his VIP box at the tournament in New York on 5 September 1997.

Dorris, who was 24 at the time, accuses Trump of forcing his tongue down her throat, assaulting her all over her body and holding her in a grip she was unable to escape from.<<
I am pretty sure this is close enough to a locker-room, that supporters will write-it off as simple locker-room banter...

Scott Dworkin

@funder

·

53m

BREAKING: Amy Dorris says Trump sexually assaulted her in 1997. Dorris has photographic proof they were together and has multiple witnesses who she told right when it happened. At least 26 women have credibly accused Trump of sexual misconduct over decades. Absolutely disgusting.

I am pretty sure this is close enough to a locker-room, that supporters will write-it off as simple locker-room banter...

Scott Dworkin

@funder

·

53m

BREAKING: Amy Dorris says Trump sexually assaulted her in 1997. Dorris has photographic proof they were together and has multiple witnesses who she told right when it happened. At least 26 women have credibly accused Trump of sexual misconduct over decades. Absolutely disgusting.
Or just ignore it the way Biden supporters did when he was accused.  *shrugs*

JEFFREY BOSSERT CLARK Acting Assistant Attorney General Civil Division, The guy being drug through the mud in today's J6 hearing, and also was taken to the street in his pajamas by the FBI this morning....

...signed this motion ON HIS FIRST DAY ON THE JOB as head of Civil Division:

E. JEAN CARROLL, Plaintiff,

-against

DONALD J. TRUMP, in his personal capacity,

Defendant.

MEMORANDUM OF POINTS AND AUTHORITIES IN SUPPORT OF MOTION TO SUBSTITUTE THE UNITED STATES AS DEFENDANT

The Westfall Act goes on to provide that “uch action or proceeding shall be deemed to be an action or proceeding brought against the United States,” and that “the United States shall be substituted as the party defendant.”

As the Supreme Court has explained, “[w]hen a federal employee is sued for wrongful or negligent conduct, the [Westfall] Act empowers the Attorney General to certify that the employee ‘was acting within the scope of his office or employment at the time of the incident out of which the claim arose.’

Users who are viewing this thread