What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 qb carousel (1 Viewer)

Ditkaless Wonders said:
I am not suggesting that Brady, coming off maybe his best performance ever, should not be the starter.  I am suggesting that they are one slip in the bathtub, one trip when he is playing with his kids, more less one hit from some crazy SOB like Vontaze Burfict away from being done. I am suggesting that they have to address a succession plan in this draft.  As for Hoyer, my bad, in my head I was thinking McNown, not Hoyer.  My point stands however.  This franchise is vulnerable at the position and needs to address it in the draft.  Folks do not think of them as a Q.b. needy team, but they are.
That’s true about any team. Hoyer’s prob a top 10 if not top 5 or so backup. Assuming he comes back- not sure of his contract status.

ETA : and not to say they couldn’t draft a qb in 3rd or even higher- they did It a couple times recently

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s true about any team. Hoyer’s prob a top 10 if not top 5 or so backup. Assuming he comes back- not sure of his contract status.
So you will acknowledge no perceived increase in vulnerability with a 41 year old q.b. over say a 28 year old one, and you perceive no greater risk in not having a young guy in the system for a year or three.  That's fine, we will not see things eye to eye.  Me, I think drafting and developing a young Q.B. will be high on Belichick's priority list.  I think the Patriots are players in the market.   

Me, I want around 80 years of age at my Q.B. spot.  I want three guys averaging around 27 years of age, but better spread to 30 years old for the starter, 27 for the backup with at least two years in your system, and an ardent 23 year old rookie who is a hard worker, smart, with upside.

ETA : and not to say they couldn’t draft a qb in 3rd or even higher- they did It a couple times recently
New England is one of the few teams that seems to have been able to develop QBs behind Brady that they can trade away to other teams for a decent return. I think they got a 1st round pick for Cassel after he played well with Brady injured.

So no reason why they won't take a young QB to develop again, they most likely will. It has been working out pretty well for them. Also having some confidence in being able to develop young QBs is something a lot of other teams can't really feel comfortable about as NE.

Hoyer is a good back up QB. He has played well as a starter for the Texans and the Bears. He is a QB who seems to have gotten better in their late twenties, as a lot of QBs do if they can do well enough to be in the league still at that age.

I mean Brady is special. Not a player that can just be replaced, but I think the Partiots have reasons to not be too worried about it when Brady is no longer their starting QB. When that happens there is going to be a lot of change for the team regardless.

So you will acknowledge no perceived increase in vulnerability with a 41 year old q.b. over say a 28 year old one, and you perceive no greater risk in not having a young guy in the system for a year or three.  That's fine, we will not see things eye to eye.  Me, I think drafting and developing a young Q.B. will be high on Belichick's priority list.  I think the Patriots are players in the market.   
Well  you're re-phrasing what you said before.  I was also interpreting 'in the market' a bit differently.  It's all good.

Users who are viewing this thread