What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** 2018 World Cup thread (and Drinking Guide) (1 Viewer)

No, I think it's the emotion of soccer.  I used to be the "offsides is so stupid" guy and think that the sport was stupid.  But I got tired of hearing people say that it's boring there are too few shots on goal and the games are 2-1 all the time.  a 14-7 NFL game is a 2-1 game.  Granted not entirely the same but still.... 

The fact that it seems like the shots are all so important and so stressful and so damn skillful to put together..... yeah, I haven't given this game enough love.  Having said all that - the country against country for ultimate bragging rights certainly adds some do or die excitement to it.
The fact that it's a global tournament does it for me.  National pride and all that.  

No, I think it's the emotion of soccer.  I used to be the "offsides is so stupid" guy and think that the sport was stupid.  But I got tired of hearing people say that it's boring there are too few shots on goal and the games are 2-1 all the time.  a 14-7 NFL game is a 2-1 game.  Granted not entirely the same but still.... 

The fact that it seems like the shots are all so important and so stressful and so damn skillful to put together..... yeah, I haven't given this game enough love.  Having said all that - the country against country for ultimate bragging rights certainly adds some do or die excitement to it.
The lack of commercial interruptions really helps too with the emotion level for a good game.

Glad the waitress brought me double vodka soda with  15 min left. #wegoagain  

:mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Redwes25 said:
Croatia midfield looking like the team that got them there.  They were so flat in the beginning.
Its a lot easier when England just sat back. Meanwhile Croatia keeps pressing.

Users who are viewing this thread