What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PPR - Jared Cook or Vernon Davis - WHIR (1 Viewer)

themeistersinger

Footballguy
PPR.  

Jordan Reed is out this week, so that's not a consideration.  I'm thinking Vernon Davis has the better floor, but Jared Cook has the better ceiling.  Jared Cook has been hot the past 3 weeks, but he's got such a history of boneheaded plays he makes me nervous.

Vernon Davis @ Saints, allowing 9.8 ppg to TE

Jared Cook "home" vs Patriots (Mexico City), allowing 12.6 ppg to TE

If you think it's just a coin flip, I'll be cutting one of them Sunday morning because I have Greg Olsen on IR, and would rather get ahead on a different roster spot.  Here are their ROS schedules:

Jared Cook - 11 vs. Patriots, 12 vs. Broncos, 13 vs. Giants, 14 @ Chiefs, 15 vs. Cowboys, 16 @ Eagles

Vernon Davis  - 11 @ Saints , 12 vs. Giants, 13 @ Cowboys, 14 @ Chargers, 15 vs. Cardinals, 16 vs. Broncos (always possible Jordan Reed comes back at some point).

I just noticed that both of them face the Giants once, so here's Greg Olsen's schedule to see if one matches up better

Greg Olsen - 11 BYE, @ Jets, 13 @ Saints, 14 vs. Vikings, 15 vs. Packers, 16 vs. Buccaneers

Leave a link - thanks!

I’d go Cook and not even give it a second thought. Cousins’ matchup doesn’t give me a ton of confidence, and if you’re looking ahead, Cook has what is arguably the easiest sked for TE’s down the stretch. Cook/Olsen is a great tandem. Good luck. 

Just looked at the FBG projections, and all 3 prefer Davis to Cook

Tremblay has Davis 5 and Cook 7

Bloom has Davis 7 and Cook 10

Dodds has Davis 6 and Cook 9

themeistersinger said:
PPR.  

Jordan Reed is out this week, so that's not a consideration.  I'm thinking Vernon Davis has the better floor, but Jared Cook has the better ceiling.  Jared Cook has been hot the past 3 weeks, but he's got such a history of boneheaded plays he makes me nervous.

Vernon Davis @ Saints, allowing 9.8 ppg to TE

Jared Cook "home" vs Patriots (Mexico City), allowing 12.6 ppg to TE

If you think it's just a coin flip, I'll be cutting one of them Sunday morning because I have Greg Olsen on IR, and would rather get ahead on a different roster spot.  Here are their ROS schedules:

Jared Cook - 11 vs. Patriots, 12 vs. Broncos, 13 vs. Giants, 14 @ Chiefs, 15 vs. Cowboys, 16 @ Eagles

Vernon Davis  - 11 @ Saints , 12 vs. Giants, 13 @ Cowboys, 14 @ Chargers, 15 vs. Cardinals, 16 vs. Broncos (always possible Jordan Reed comes back at some point).

I just noticed that both of them face the Giants once, so here's Greg Olsen's schedule to see if one matches up better

Greg Olsen - 11 BYE, @ Jets, 13 @ Saints, 14 vs. Vikings, 15 vs. Packers, 16 vs. Buccaneers

Leave a link - thanks!
I would keep Cook since Reed is still in the picture. 

Users who are viewing this thread