Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Franknbeans

Week 11 Weather

I hear there may be some windy conditions afoot. Please share if you know of any games that may be affected.

Looks like high winds in NYG (talking 15-20 mph, not sure that's that bad...), cold in GB and CHI, maybe some flurries in CLE, might be wet in Seattle.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Looks like high winds in NYG (talking 15-20 mph, not sure that's that bad...), cold in GB and CHI, maybe some flurries in CLE, might be wet in Seattle.

So pretty much every November/December weekend in these areas. Noted. ;)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

15-25 sustained winds with gusts to 45 is currently forecast for East Rutherford for the Giants/Chiefs game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MNTom said:

15-25 sustained winds with gusts to 45 is currently forecast for East Rutherford for the Giants/Chiefs game.

Not loving this. I'm currently starting T. Hill, S. Sheppard, and E. Engram.

Could see a lot of short passes from both A. Smith/Eli to Sheppard/Hill out of the slot.

Maybe Eli is a better "bad weather QB" vs. good weather QB? Lol.

Just watched a local video forecast for the NJ / NYC region. As of 12 pm EST.

Weather man indicates wind gusts of 40-50 mph Sunday. "Howling" winds and potential for power outages.

I'm getting my D. Parker ready just in case it's this bad and need to bench either Sheppard or Hill. Could see this as a run Hunt/Darkwa game.

I always outsmart myself when it comes to this stuff but this wind is bad news. Will be watching this tomorrow morn.

Can put in Carr in over Alex Smith.

14 hours ago, Sarlakticacid said:

>>Jacksonville at Cleveland (1:00 PM ET): Weather will likely make a big impact in this game with 20+ MPH winds and 25+ MPH gusts expected. In addition to the strong winds, 32 degree temperatures with potential flurries are forecasted. This game already had the lowest Vegas total of the week, something that may lower even closer to game time due to the forecasted inclement weather. I would avoid almost all fantasy options in this game.<<

40 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

>>Jacksonville at Cleveland (1:00 PM ET): Weather will likely make a big impact in this game with 20+ MPH winds and 25+ MPH gusts expected. In addition to the strong winds, 32 degree temperatures with potential flurries are forecasted. This game already had the lowest Vegas total of the week, something that may lower even closer to game time due to the forecasted inclement weather. I would avoid almost all fantasy options in this game.<<

That Rotoworld write up is from SAT

NFLweather.com has the latest FC as 38* overcast and 19 mph winds with 20% chance of any precipitation (and this FC Is for all 4 quarters)

It doesn’t state wind gusts and that could be a big factor IF they are present but it seems to show a slight improvement from yesterday 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nemesis said:

That Rotoworld write up is from SAT

NFLweather.com has the latest FC as 38* overcast and 19 mph winds with 20% chance of any precipitation (and this FC Is for all 4 quarters)

It doesn’t state wind gusts and that could be a big factor IF they are present but it seems to show a slight improvement from yesterday 

Thanks I appreciate that update.

19 minutes ago, Da Man said:

Is there anyone in the east Rutherford area that can provide an update?

I'm about 45 minutes south and it's howling

• Like 1

winds 10-15 mph in Columbus right now -- about 2 hours SSW of Cleveland. The cold front came through last night, so the winds are unlikely to get worse as the front moves east.

• Like 1

From NYG local reporter on the field about 45 minutes ago:

Jordan RaananESPN Staff Writer 

Brisk fall day. Weather.com says 17 mph winds. Nothing too outrageous right now that should greatly affect the game.

1 hour ago, Penguin said:

I'm about 45 minutes south and it's howling

But is it roaring?  Screaming?

• Like 2

Away from the TV this morn. If anyone sees on field report from East Rutheford can you tell us if it looks crazy? TIA

2 hours before kickoff, Roth from RotoGrinders is reporting 32 MPH sustained winds with 46 MPH gust just 5 miles from Met Life.  

It’s pretty windy today. 

The Chiefs are facing the Giants.

You make the call.

Personally I’m going with Alex Smith.

My other option is Dak without Tyrun Smith.

Anyone know exactly when Yahoo lineups lock?  Is it at exactly 1 EST for early games, or is it at actual kickoff?

11 minutes ago, Yotes1 said:

Anyone know exactly when Yahoo lineups lock?  Is it at exactly 1 EST for early games, or is it at actual kickoff?

Exactly 1 EST for lock on yahoo

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

It’s pretty windy today. 

The Chiefs are facing the Giants.

You make the call.

Personally I’m going with Alex Smith.

My other option is Dak without Tyrun Smith.

I might lean Dak there. They will be playing catch up and there could be some garbage time stats to be had.

I'm sitting Butker. I think kickers will be ok 40 and in but they might not even attempt FGs in that kind of wind beyond that. Rolling with McManus

• Like 1

I'm in full on overthink mode to the point of certainly being dead wrong.  Probably should go full on Costanza.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Futz said:

I might lean Dak there. They will be playing catch up and there could be some garbage time stats to be had.

I'm sitting Butker. I think kickers will be ok 40 and in but they might not even attempt FGs in that kind of wind beyond that. Rolling with McManus

Butker was somehow hitting 50 yarders in pregame warm-ups but yeah, I'd still sit him.

Just now, SameSongNDance said:

Butker was somehow hitting 50 yarders in pregame warm-ups but yeah, I'd still sit him.

I don't doubt that it's possible, I just wonder how often, if at all, the coaches would even allow them to try. 4th and less than 7, I'd probably just go for it.

I'm sure I'm overthinking it but I can live with him doing well. I can't live with the idea that he craps the bed and I had the ability to do something about it.

I just saw Rosa's extra point get blown 5 feet wide of being made. :shock: I'm feeling real comfy with my decision to bench Butker now. Holy moly.

ETA: KC just skipped a 50 yard attempt on a 4th & 5 and successfully went for it.

Edited by Futz

7 hours ago, Futz said:

I rarely switch out late but took your advice here & sat Alex. Didn’t matter as my whole lineup went off be def one of those rare instances weather was a factor.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:
15 hours ago, Futz said:

I rarely switch out late but took your advice here & sat Alex. Didn’t matter as my whole lineup went off be def one of those rare instances weather was a factor.

:lmao:

Probably the first time in 26 years of playing I’ve led the league in scoring for the week with a QB who scored negative points. Also, IME 95-99% of lineup changes after 12:45pm go badly.

:kicksrock:

6 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

:lmao:

Probably the first time in 26 years of playing I’ve led the league in scoring for the week with a QB who scored negative points. Also, IME 95-99% of lineup changes after 12:45pm go badly.

:kicksrock:

So true. I had all the right reasons to bench Butker and they even played out in game and yet, he still outscores my 12:55p change out with McManus. :wall: I need a new fall hobby.

• Like 1