What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mindhunter (1 Viewer)

kupcho1

Footballguy
Did not see a thread for this Netflix show.  Brilliant.

Mindhunter is an American crime drama web television series created by Joe Penhall, based on the true crime book Mindhunter: Inside the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit written by John E. Douglas and Mark Olshaker.[1] The series is produced by David Fincher and Charlize Theron among others, and debuted worldwide on Netflix on October 13, 2017.
Loved how they set up season 2 throughout with snippets of the ADT guy in Kansas.  (Also loved the massive font size to introduce setting)

Big :thumbup:

Started it Friday night and finished it last night. I was pretty into it but it left me wanting more at times. I think maybe that was the idea.

Loved how they set up season 2 throughout with snippets of the ADT guy in Kansas.  (Also loved the massive font size to introduce setting)

I think you mean BTK killer.

I found it interesting how a little detail like this really puts you in the feel of the era.

El Floppo said:
nice spoiler guy. 

the btk guy is an adt guy.

guy.
oooops I really thought he just got the letters wrong. I dont think they were being secretive on who it was. :shrug:

Really good but not yet great - considering it was the first season I'd say it was a big success.  Definitely in for season 2.

Having finished it I can say that it's a decent watch, but it's not great.

Holden's nearly perpetual look is like Dramatic Squirrel.
:lmao: I was watching an episode and my wife comes downstairs...

Wife: Whatcha watching?

Me: Mindhunter

Wife: What's that about?

Me after explaining the premise: Its a decent show but the main character is a horrible actor

Wife after about 5 whole seconds of watching it: Why does he look so surprised?

Me: :lmao: and his girlfriend acts like a wet sock

Last edited by a moderator:
This show is crime history. Do we really need to worry about spoilers?

I say no. Anyone who did not know that he was the BTK killer does not know what BTK killer refers to.
I know exactly who btk is. I have no clue that the 5 second snippets at the beginning of each episode was the btk killer. Did something give it away? Unless it happens in last 2 episodes. I'm still not finished. 

The show is a little over rated in that it has a 96% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Its not THAT good. Its decent though.
The percentage doesn't reflect how good a show/is, just how many critics liked it/disliked it.  This is the kind of show where even if it's not your bag, not many people are going to say it's bad.

I know exactly who btk is. I have no clue that the 5 second snippets at the beginning of each episode was the btk killer. Did something give it away? Unless it happens in last 2 episodes. I'm still not finished. 

I think the location probably gave it away to most people that are familiar with his story - I had to look it up as I wasn’t worried about spoiling it.

3 episodes in and loving it.

The hippie gf looks like a cross between Hope Solo and Dexter's sister.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the first season and thought it did a great job setting itself up for Season 2 which I've read will focus on the Atlanta killings from the last 70s/early 80s. While not a perfect show, I will say that it perhaps had the best music of any show I've watched in a long time. I'm a huge fan of the music in Mr. Robot but Mindhunter was even better. I want to say it was the end of episode 6 when they played I don't like Mondays which was just perfect but really the musical choices in every episode were spot on.

I loved the first season and thought it did a great job setting itself up for Season 2 which I've read will focus on the Atlanta killings from the last 70s/early 80s. While not a perfect show, I will say that it perhaps had the best music of any show I've watched in a long time. I'm a huge fan of the music in Mr. Robot but Mindhunter was even better. I want to say it was the end of episode 6 when they played I don't like Mondays which was just perfect but really the musical choices in every episode were spot on.
Just watched over the weekend and really loved season 1. Totally agree about the music. The choice of "In the Light" in the last episode was perfect. 

:lmao: I was watching an episode and my wife comes downstairs...

Wife: Whatcha watching?

Me: Mindhunter

Wife: What's that about?

Me after explaining the premise: Its a decent show but the main character is a horrible actor

Wife after about 5 whole seconds of watching it: Why does he look so surprised?

Me: :lmao: and his girlfriend acts like a wet sock
I don't mind him so much, but she is such a dead fish. How much more deadpan can she be? I'm only about 3 or 4 episodes in. The first episode starts off crazy fast, but the last 40 minutes were a snooze fest. Episode 2 redeemed it for me. I'm enjoying it. My only other complaint at this point, I get it. Everyone smoked then. Can we move on a bit from that?

Took me four passes to not fall asleep during episode one, but it really got going after that. Totally agree on the weak ### girlfriend (friend and I thought she was there to provide him an ability to provide introspection but it devolved quickly), as well as the zep at the end of the season. Looking forward to next season. 

Excellent show.  4 episodes in.  The dude who plays Kemper is just fantastic.  Has completely made the show so far.  

I do love how surprised they are becoming with themselves that this thing they are doing just might actually work out.  

9 episodes in.  Excellent to this point.  Not happy there hasn't been any more Kemper  :no:

Obviously I don't know what happens in the finale, but I would imagine this show will keep going right?

Per an article I just found:

"At the end of January, star Jonathan Groff told Stuff that he is set to start shooting the second season in a couple of months: "I have seen scripts, but I can't say anything about them. I am excited to go back. I can't say anything about it and I don't want him [Fincher] to get mad and I don't want to spoil it."

If you're insisting on a guess, we're predicting mid-October 2018."

Users who are viewing this thread