What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoff picture (1 Viewer)

-OZ-

Footballguy
NFL.com has their "playoff picture" on their mobile site, https://www.nfl.com/?akmobile=android&akcarrier=other 

Under AFC it lists the Vikings, Rams, eagles, saints, Panthers, and Seahawks

Under NFC it lists Steelers, Patriots, jaguars, chiefs, Titans and Ravens.

I assume they'll fix that at some point. But what teams do you think rise and fall over the ROS?  The way the Titans played Thursday they don't belong in the playoffs yet, but the bills sure don't seem to want it either. 

The chiefs looked abysmal yesterday, and really haven't done much this past month to make you think they'll go far but their division is bad. 

Looks like we can just write in the Steelers and Patriots for the conference championship game.

NFC is by far the better wild card hunt right now. Can the Lions get in over the Seahawks or Panthers? Other than the Vikings on Thanksgiving they have a really nice schedule. I think they get in.

Can anyone wager a prediction for the NFC?

AFC

Steelers and Pats get the two byes.  The winner of their game in a few weeks will get HFA

Jags and Chiefs win their divisions.  Order doesn't matter much as each will lose to the Steelers and Pats, respectively

Ravens are a lock for one of the WCs, they are coming together at the right time.  Titans get in since there is no strong competitor out there to unseat them.  Ravens have a chance to win their first game, Titans do not

I'll leave the NFC to someone else

For the NFC, I'll say that all of the current division leaders win their divisions and the Lions and Panthers get the Wild Card slots.  I think Lions will lose to the Vikes and then win out, getting to 11-5 while the Seahawks finish 10-6(losing 3 straight to the Eagles, Jags, and Rams).  NFC Super Bowl representative will be one of the Eagles, Saints or Vikings.  

I agree with wilked on the AFC, but I think the Jags have a decent shot at upsetting the Steelers if they get them in the division round, especially after how that first game between them went.  I think the Chargers are a possibility to overtake the Titans for that last spot....they have a decent schedule and could go on a run, but the Titans also have a nice schedule and will likely get in.

I also have no idea what I'm talking about and will likely be wrong on everything I've said. 

Saints have a killer running game, a good defense with a shutdown corner, oh and btw they have a HOF QB as well. I think they'll be hard to beat

AFC

Steelers and Pats get the two byes.  The winner of their game in a few weeks will get HFA

Jags and Chiefs win their divisions.  Order doesn't matter much as each will lose to the Steelers and Pats, respectively

Ravens are a lock for one of the WCs, they are coming together at the right time.  Titans get in since there is no strong competitor out there to unseat them.  Ravens have a chance to win their first game, Titans do not

I'll leave the NFC to someone else
I'll have to disagree here. Not to say I'd bet on the Titans over the chiefs or jaguars but there's a decent chance, assuming they can get their #### together. 

As a Steeler fan, I'm still very nervous that they might not even get a bye.  They'll likely be the favorite in every remaining game (other than maybe the Patriots) but they're probably still good for at least one bad road loss (thinking maybe Cincy).  Then they have to get by the Patriots (I'll believe it when I see it).  The Jags have a fairly easy schedule and own tiebreaker against the Steelers.  The only remaining team that could beat New England is Pittsburgh so you can pretty much lock them up for a bye.

Saints have a killer running game, a good defense with a shutdown corner, oh and btw they have a HOF QB as well. I think they'll be hard to beat
Really going to depend on home field if Philly and NO meet each other. 

Philly has the #2 rushing offense (#1 scoring offense) and #1 rushing defense (#8 scoring defense).  NO has the #3 rushing offense (#3 scoring offense) and #21 rushing defense (#9 scoring defense).  They're pretty close.  In the playoffs, especially if the elements get bad, you have to be able to run and stop the run.  That NO rushing defense would worry me if the game is in Philly and passing is at a premium.  If the game is in NO they have a much better chance.

AFC - Ravens are looking like a possible contender. It's still hard to imagine them beating the Steelers or Patriots but who knows? Jags and Titans look solid but not real contenders to beat the big two. The West is plain bad, although the chargers might be getting a spark.

NFC - this one is fun. Six really good teams and the falcons look out of it. Seahawks looking strong, MVP candidate Russell Wilson leads the way but a couple key injuries on defense might make a difference. Vikings look like they have their QB at least for this year, possibly longer. Keenum might be one of the better stories. 

AFC 

1.  Steelers/Pats matchup in a few weeks should determine who gets homefield.  However, if the Steelers completely choke and lose tonight and then again next week, the Ravens will likely win the division.

2.  I don't really like the Jags or Titans to do much in the playoffs.  I guess there is a chance that they could end up playing each other in the first round.

3.  I don't think anyone wants the Chargers to win that division.  Rivers is playing at an elite level and that defense can get to the QB and cause turnovers.  Not a team to sleep on.  

4.  I'm about 92% certain the the Patriots will be representing the AFC yet again

NFC

1.  All of the current division leaders are very good and could go all the way

2.  I had counted Seattle out but last night shows that they're still a threat

3.  I don't know who the 6th team will be but I don't think either Atlanta or Carolina will get past the wildcard round.

4.  If only GB could find a way into the playoffs, they might have Rodgers back.  Unfortunately that's unlikely.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread