What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What digital subscriptions do you have? (1 Viewer)

bigmarc27

Footballguy
Most everyone by now probably has Netflix, Hulu, etc...  What else do you have and is it worth it?  Spotify? Audible? Online Magazines? Just curious if there are any lesser known services that are worth the time. 

Spotify premium, New York Times, Netflix, Harry's razors ... all worth it or I wouldn't have them.

Netflix

Audible

Spotify

Marvel Unlimited

Sirius XM

Amazon Prime

No Hulu here. Any reason to add it?
Have Hulu, Prime, and Netflix. Honestly we’re thinking of dropping Netflix.  The only thing we’ve watched in the past few months is Stranger Things. 

Spotify. that's it. 

(having previously worked in marketing, I am hugely skeptical of anything with a monthly subscription.)

Hulu, Amazon Prime, PlayStation Vue.

Netflix and HBO are something I'll subscribe to a month or two out of the year and watch all of their content that I care about. Neither have enough content to keep for 12 months. 

Amazon Prime,  Xbox Live, Washington Post (does that count?) 

I use my sister's Netflix account. 

Used to have Hulu but canceled it. 

Just Spotify here (mostly b/c of #### satellite internet), and it might be the best $15 or whatever it is I spend a month.  

FBG, Fark, Amazon Prime, Showtime, privateinternetaccess (so I can take over the world without revealing my identity), Sultry Amish

- WWE Network ($10/mo), I don't watch modern day wrestling, but the massive amount of content of the 80's and 90's makes I salvageable. And premier PPVs like Wrestlemania and SummerSlam are always nice to be able to have cheap access to.

- Napster ($10/mo), I don't use iTunes, and this allows me to DL tracks onto a separate mp3 device or you can use the app on your phone. Couldn't live without it. Need my music.

Have Hulu, Prime, and Netflix. Honestly we’re thinking of dropping Netflix.  The only thing we’ve watched in the past few months is Stranger Things. 
We enjoy the Marvel shows and the kids watch movies on Netflix more than anything else. I'd prefer to cancel u-verse/cable but the wife wants to keep it. 

Netflix

Amazon prime

Does FBG's count?

That's all I can think of. We never got Hulu, cancelled Sirius, I like Spotify but will keep the free version with ads every 30 minutes. 

Most everyone I know that has Spotify says it's worth it. Why? Also, why have Pandora, Spotify and Sirius? 

We enjoy the Marvel shows and the kids watch movies on Netflix more than anything else. I'd prefer to cancel u-verse/cable but the wife wants to keep it. 

Netflix

Amazon prime

Does FBG's count?

That's all I can think of. We never got Hulu, cancelled Sirius, I like Spotify but will keep the free version with ads every 30 minutes. 

Most everyone I know that has Spotify says it's worth it. Why? Also, why have Pandora, Spotify and Sirius? 
For Spotify, I like to be able to download albums and play lists so I'm not burning through /relying on cell data which is why I went premium. I also find Spotify way better for new music than Sirius or Pandora. 

(having previously worked in marketing, I am hugely skeptical of anything with a monthly subscription.)
Agree with this approach.  Have Netflix and Prime only, and signed up for Prime for the fast, free shipping, not the video content (but that is a nice plus!).

For Spotify, I like to be able to download albums and play lists so I'm not burning through /relying on cell data which is why I went premium. I also find Spotify way better for new music than Sirius or Pandora. 
Downloading could be worth it. Can you transfer to another mp3 player? 

Yep. The ability to have stuff available offline, PLUS the weekly playlists for new music discovery etc... make Spotify so worth it.

If you're a mega cheapskate, the family plan is $15 a month and is good for 5 people at the same address but I think as long as you all input the same address you can easily share that among any 5 people for $3 a month (I bought the family plan for my wife and I but my mom and brother have used two of the other slots).

Yep. The ability to have stuff available offline, PLUS the weekly playlists for new music discovery etc... make Spotify so worth it.

If you're a mega cheapskate, the family plan is $15 a month and is good for 5 people at the same address but I think as long as you all input the same address you can easily share that among any 5 people for $3 a month (I bought the family plan for my wife and I but my mom and brother have used two of the other slots).
You don't have to have the same address. I share my account with my wife, daughter, mother-in-law, and a couple of friends from work. Any email address will do for the 6 accounts for $15.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon Music 

Amazon Prime 

PlayStation Plus 

PlayStation Vue

The Athletic 

Netflix 

Hulu

HBO/Starz - usually a month or two per year for these two

Kansas City Star

PBS Passport - I consider this a donation but it comes with some decent content 

Whatever online service Nintendo rolls out for the Switch in 2018 will be a yes 

Netflix 

Hulu 

New York Times 

washington post 

Tampa bay times 

the athletic 

Apple Music 

amazon prime 

I have

Spotify - Listen to this a lot, my daughter has fallen for it also, need to get the system set up so she has her own account.
Netflix - I like the way that it blends with my XfinityTV; meaning If a show is on Netflix, it shows up on the Xfinity searches.
Amazon Prime - although I mostly use this for shipping rather than media.
Audible - my wife likes to listen to books on her commute, as well as when we do long vacation drives.
SirriusXM - I got into this for our travel, but am considering canceling this because of our listening to books.
Washington Post - Living in DC, I read this a ton, and they have a limit on the number of articles you can read without a subscription.
Boston Globe - I grew up near Boston, so friends post lots of articles from the Globe.

With the Post, I was able to get a significant reduction in price on the digital subscription by adding a Sunday paper delivery.

Netflix

Playstation Plus

Playstation Vue (it's how I watch my football)

Prime (paid for by work)

Pandora ad free

hagmania said:
An unconscionable amount of twitch subs. :bag:
What are these and how do they work?  I watched Twitch occasionally and he streamers thank someone for the 18 months. What does that even mean?

What are these and how do they work?  I watched Twitch occasionally and he streamers thank someone for the 18 months. What does that even mean?
You pay 5 bucks a month (there are other tiers) to a streamer. That's it, just supporting the content creator.

• Netflix
  • Amazon Prime
  • FBG
  • LastPass
I don't keep subs to these, but get them once in a while - I just don't consume the product fast enough to need monthly subs.

• History of WWII Podcast Members Episodes (1 month per year)
  • Audible (~2 months per year)

American Historical Association

Spotify

Amazon Prime

Hulu 

Netflix

Boston Globe

Users who are viewing this thread