What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 12 (1 Viewer)

Galileo

Footballguy
Let's roll...

Just starting to look.  Top QB options all look tempting.  Brady and Wentz, obviously, Wilson has a nice match up @ SF...don't mind Cam @ NYJ... Big Ben offers decent value compared to top options at $1000 less than Wentz...Maybe a cheap Matt Ryan vs Tampa (not sure there's enough consistency there for my liking, but this may be about as low as I would go at QB)

RB - got to pay up again for Bell which is scary as he just hasn't returned investment recently.  I think he is in for a great day vs GB, but who wants to get burned again at that price tag?  Obviously, Ingram and/or Kamara are easily in play...Hunt vs Buffalo looks juicy, but see comment on Bell...at least he is only $7700 compared to Bell's $9400.  McCoy is also intriguing in that match up.  McCaffrey and Murray peak my interest a little.  

WR - so many options...so many ways to go.  I will need to sift through this in greater detail, but I put AJ Green, Julio, and Kupp in my placeholder line up.  Not sold on Julio, but will see how he does tonight on MNF...

TE - Usual suspects at the top of the list, but I don't see myself paying up for this spot this week as I will have a lot of dollars committed to the other positions.  Someone like Walker at $5900 will likely be in my lineup...or Kroft vs. CLE if he is healthy.  Can't get anyone against NYG playing the main slate.

K - Succop is my placeholder

D - Cincy vs CLE...will likely be a popular play.  Paying up for JAX is tempting again...SEA, KC, CAR, PIT are possibilities.  No great cheap options like the Charges from this past week, but maybe ARI or INDY could play that role

Thanksgiving plan.  I am planning four lineups.  One each with Cousins, Eli, Rivers, and Keenum.  I am not planning to use Morris, Dez, Thielen, or Perine.  I am using Engram and Davis twice each.  As I dig deeper it could all change, but for now that is my plan.  Perine is tempting, since it looks like he is the only show in town and the volume alone might make him a must play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Main slate guys I am focusing on:

QB - Brady, Wilson, Cam, Smith

RB - Hunt, Atl RBs, Bell, Gurley, McCoy, NO RBs, Mixon, Burkhead

WR - Pit WRs (all three), Julio, Corey Davis, Sea WRs, Cooks, TY, Hill

TE - Olsen, Cook

Something like:

Smith-Hunt-Burkhead-Brown-Baldwin-Mathews-Cook-Bengals-Bullock

Cam-Bell-Mixon-Julio-Davis-TY-Olsen-Steelers-Tavecchio

Still early, but you have to start somewhere.

Trotting out one GPP for Thursday's three-game slate. QB/Rivers, RB/Gordon - Murray, WR/K. Allen - S. Shepard - Doctson, TE/Davis, K/Forbath, DEF/LAC

I think the WASH/NYG game has the best shoot-out potential, but I think Rivers will be lower-owned than Cousins, Dak or Stafford and has potential to put up big numbers. Dallas is done; no Elliott is killing them and the defense has been suspect all year anyway. If Sean Lee misses this week, I can see a Chargers blowout. I could have the wrong mega-stack, I suppose. But I like the idea of a mega team stack or game stack for this. Only tossing out $1 on it, so, what the heck.

Main slate guys I am focusing on:

QB - Brady, Wilson, Cam, Smith

RB - Hunt, Atl RBs, Bell, Gurley, McCoy, NO RBs, Mixon, Burkhead

WR - Pit WRs (all three), Julio, Corey Davis, Sea WRs, Cooks, TY, Hill

TE - Olsen, Cook

Something like:

Smith-Hunt-Burkhead-Brown-Baldwin-Mathews-Cook-Bengals-Bullock

Cam-Bell-Mixon-Julio-Davis-TY-Olsen-Steelers-Tavecchio

Still early, but you have to start somewhere.
Just with a quick glance, here's another name to throw out there as a QB GPP option; Joe Flacco.

Houston's DEF, it's last four games - 1372 yds through the air, 12 TDs vs 3 INT's. Stack him w/ either Maclin and/or Wallace; even a Flacco/Watson stack wouldn't be out of the question. At home against the Texans, if Flacco is gonna have a break-out game this season, this is his best shot. I can see low-ownership of him and any of his targets.

And if the BAL pass offense still doesn't excite you, then consider their defense instead, against Tom Savage.

*** Actually, I forgot that the HOU-BAL game is Monday night, so, guess you'd want this game on a Thur-Mon slate. ***

Thanks.  I had not considered Flacco and this is a great matchup.

Just with a quick glance, here's another name to throw out there as a QB GPP option; Joe Flacco.

Houston's DEF, it's last four games - 1372 yds through the air, 12 TDs vs 3 INT's. Stack him w/ either Maclin and/or Wallace; even a Flacco/Watson stack wouldn't be out of the question. At home against the Texans, if Flacco is gonna have a break-out game this season, this is his best shot. I can see low-ownership of him and any of his targets.

And if the BAL pass offense still doesn't excite you, then consider their defense instead, against Tom Savage.

*** Actually, I forgot that the HOU-BAL game is Monday night, so, guess you'd want this game on a Thur-Mon slate. ***
Thanks.  I had not considered Flacco and you are right this is a great matchup.

Hunt average over 30 points the first three games and only averaged 8 the last three with some very favorable matchups (Giants and Cowboys).  He has another good matchup this week, gonna roll him out again.

I really like E Sanders this weeks against the Raiders.  They struggled guarding Cooks and Sanders is a similar skill set.

Like DEN Def against the Raiders.  Carr looks like the only player on that offense that wants to win.

Really like Cam and think 8000 is cheap against the Jets.  

I'm going to try a Flacco/Wallace stack in a gpp

QB- Flacco

Rb- Ingram, Hunt

Wr- A. Brown, Crowder, wallace

Te- D. Walker

K- lutz and Kc

If Benjamin, from the Chargers, doesn't play who works out of the slot for them versus Dallas. Three game slate is hard to differentiate, so this could be an opportunity for us. Is Mike Williams someone to consider?

won a ticket for a $7 contest a few weeks back in the freeroll and turns out its a thursday only qualifier playing for a ticket worth $250. Lions fan semi-stacking vikings and fading the home team.

rivers gordon mckinnon allen thielin doctson rudolph forbath  chargers

Chiefs... the answer is Chiefs vs the Buffalo disaster.  2 weeks ago Ingram went nuts and Kamara was right behind him.  Last week Keenan Allen set the world on fire with Gordon and Ekeler splitting a huge day on the ground.  I'm going to say Hunt is going to put up numbers like the first couple of weeks, and Smith will have at least 3 through the air, including at least one each to Kelce and Hill.

Wilson - Hunt/McCaffrey - Thomas/J. Jones/Kupp - Walker - Gostkowski - Cincy looks nice on the IVC...

Agree with EPL above that Hunt looks great this week, but most thought the NYG game was going to be special too.   Your overall Chiefs prediction of Smith going off along with Hunt may be a little ambitious for me.

Wilson - Hunt/McCaffrey - Thomas/J. Jones/Kupp - Walker - Gostkowski - Cincy looks nice on the IVC...

Agree with EPL above that Hunt looks great this week, but most thought the NYG game was going to be special too.   Your overall Chiefs prediction of Smith going off along with Hunt may be a little ambitious for me.
I would have added another KC player if I could have thought of one!  Hunt is a RB who can take a short pass to the house, easily enough to go around.

They just gave up 34 points to the Jets, then 47 to the Saints on 10 friggin days rest, followed by a 54 point effort against the Chargers.  And all 3 teams took their foot of the gas in the 4th!

I'm going to explain this as best I can.  Buffalo was a city that, aside from some AFL success, hadn't exactly been a bastion of professional sports success.  And then came the bickering Bills of the late 80's turning into the juggerNOT of the early 90's.  We had our hopes crushed when Norwood went wide right, and our faces rubbed in it in the next 3 Superbowls to follow.  After that ended, they got back on track vs Tennessee in the playoffs... crap... Frank Wycheat just threw the ####### ball forwards and Dyson isn't about to be tackled and oh crap that's the music city (cheating) miracle and we're never going to make the playoffs again.  At least there was that one Stanley Cup, wait, no, Brett Hull in the ####### crease, better change the rule but Sabres just lost the cup.  

It has nothing to do with the players.  The players come and go. Buffalo - as a whole - is a traumatized, cynical, paranoid fanbase.  We've watched this team snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for decades now.  Frequently in the years since the Buffalo "glory days", the Bills have started out hot... and every time, as sure as the snow will be up to my neck in Buffalo, they'll get a few injuries, a few bad bounces on all of a sudden the ship will start taking on water and the season ends with the Bills in a tailspin with the potential of a meaningless victory against a division rival out of nowhere - just to make us all think that MAYBE, just MAYBE, next season could be the one... no.  Just no.

So start your Chiefs.  For the love of God, don't let this all be in vein.

All KC team...  Smith - Hunt/West - Hill/Robinson/Thomas - Kelce - Butker - KC Def ... comes in at 93 on the IVC   :D

:lmao: ...you are speaking to a Cleveland guy.  We wrote the book on football related trauma.  
Don't leave us Lions fans out of this conversation. In the last 50 years the Browns have 6 playoff wins to the Lions 1 and Buffalo played in 4 Super Bowls.

I want in this conversation. Last playoff win for my Bengals was 1990 and that isn't changing this season. 

Looks like my Mon-Thurs LUs are DOA, so of course I am going to try some Thanksgiving 25centers.  

On my initial look, it seems like the way to get different in gpps is with that Chargers/Cowboys game.  The first one is a 2nd game in a division with very focused Os.  Jones will probably be taken out by Rhodes and Diggs will get a lot of Slay.  Looks like Shepard is not going again, so that basically just makes it Engram in play for them and if last week is an indicator it might make him damn near unplayable too since the D can just tee up on him.  With the injuries to the Wash WRs and Thompson, the passing attack is more focused now with Doctson/Crowder/Davis and will be higher owned.  

So I think the way I am going is to take shots on guys in that middle game like Ty.Williams, Henry, Eckler, T.Williams, Butler, Witten.  and maybe taking random shots with the PKs too.  Harder to get lower owned guys on these small slates and the RBs are a narrow pool too.  

Looks like my Mon-Thurs LUs are DOA, so of course I am going to try some Thanksgiving 25centers.  

On my initial look, it seems like the way to get different in gpps is with that Chargers/Cowboys game.  The first one is a 2nd game in a division with very focused Os.  Jones will probably be taken out by Rhodes and Diggs will get a lot of Slay.  Looks like Shepard is not going again, so that basically just makes it Engram in play for them and if last week is an indicator it might make him damn near unplayable too since the D can just tee up on him.  With the injuries to the Wash WRs and Thompson, the passing attack is more focused now with Doctson/Crowder/Davis and will be higher owned.  

So I think the way I am going is to take shots on guys in that middle game like Ty.Williams, Henry, Eckler, T.Williams, Butler, Witten.  and maybe taking random shots with the PKs too.  Harder to get lower owned guys on these small slates and the RBs are a narrow pool too.  
I think I will fade allen and go with Henry in a lineup or two. I am having a hard time not going with gordon and perine in my lineups

I think I will fade allen and go with Henry in a lineup or two. I am having a hard time not going with gordon and perine in my lineups
I think those two will be the chalk combo, so if you do go that route for a big gpp, you will probably need that low owned WR even more.   I think the Minny Rbs are in play again (probably McKinnon in gpp since Murray had the TDs last week and is on people's mind?), and Morris if you think the Cowboys will run on the Chargers.  Super flier gpp RB is that guy for Wash that they called up that might catch passes - Marshall?  That might be getting too weird, but if you are trying to break away from 100K+ entry cheap gpp it might be worth a shot. 

I do like FatNate's idea above of Mike Williams for a gpp option tomorrow too.  

I think those two will be the chalk combo, so if you do go that route for a big gpp, you will probably need that low owned WR even more.   I think the Minny Rbs are in play again (probably McKinnon in gpp since Murray had the TDs last week and is on people's mind?), and Morris if you think the Cowboys will run on the Chargers.  Super flier gpp RB is that guy for Wash that they called up that might catch passes - Marshall?  That might be getting too weird, but if you are trying to break away from 100K+ entry cheap gpp it might be worth a shot. 

I do like FatNate's idea above of Mike Williams for a gpp option tomorrow too.  
I'm actually going gordon and morris now

Thursday only

Qb- Cousins

Rb- Gordon and Morris(may sprinkle in some rod smith and mckinnon)

Wr- Doctson, crowder, thielen(he lines up in the slot a lot and may have a better matchup than people think)

Te- Henry

Prater and Vikings

Thoughts?

I only play GPP's, generally the big one.  Reason being, I'd gouge my eyes out with a fork if I had a mega-cash winning lineup in a contest for a free T-shirt or vs some guy for $2.  I'm playing about 12 GPP's this week, and I'm going to structure around 2 QBs - Brady and Cam. I've got several RBs and WRs that I'm going to mix and match with those two and I'll use Kelce, Graham or Walker at TE.

I only play GPP's, generally the big one.  Reason being, I'd gouge my eyes out with a fork if I had a mega-cash winning lineup in a contest for a free T-shirt or vs some guy for $2.  I'm playing about 12 GPP's this week, and I'm going to structure around 2 QBs - Brady and Cam. I've got several RBs and WRs that I'm going to mix and match with those two and I'll use Kelce, Graham or Walker at TE.
agree on brady and cam, and on the gouging eyes out rationale for GPP over cash.  I spend $10 to $20 per week on mass entry of $0.25 lineups (this week 80 entries in the main slate), and toss in a couple $1 - $7 lineups for kicks.  my big three are cam, ryan and mariotta, but have a decent amount of brady, wentz and smith as well.

Who are you stacking with Brady and Cam?

Doing 12 25 centers tomorrow.  4 are "goofy" ones:  3 are basically game stacks for each of the games, and the 4th I left 10K on the table.  

Working on the other 8 right now.  

Thanksgiving plan.  I am planning four lineups.  One each with Cousins, Eli, Rivers, and Keenum.  I am not planning to use Morris, Dez, Thielen, or Perine.  I am using Engram and Davis twice each.  As I dig deeper it could all change, but for now that is my plan.  Perine is tempting, since it looks like he is the only show in town and the volume alone might make him a must play.
After reviewing the games more closely I am only going with three lineups:  two with Cousins and one with Rivers. I just don't like enough other guys to feel out anymore lineups. 

Who are you stacking with Brady and Cam?
I've been spending at RB, I'm finding WRs I like that are on the cheaper side.  I think one of Rishard Mathews or Corey Davis is going to go off.  I like funchess this week too. I think TY Hilton has one of his UP days.  Got some Tyreek exposure because I know my Bills!  I like Amendola if Hogan is out again.  I like either Demaryious or Sanders to have a big day, Lynch has fed them in his incredibly limited playing time.  Specifically - I'm really not stacking Brady or Cam.  I do have Amendola with Brady in a couple spots and Cooks in one, and Funchess with Cam in a couple, but for the most part I haven't stacked them.  I'm trying to interchange the guys I think are going to go off and see if I can hit the right combination!  Always a hole or two in the lineup!

Some random week 12 thoughts:

The FBG Trendspotting article is great each week. If you are not reading it I definitely recommend it. 

The Red Rifle is in a good spot this week, at home and against a bad team. Stacking Andy with AJ against the Browns is a solid option this week. Andy will be under owned and free up cash for other players. 

I love Olsen this week. I think he is slightly overpriced for his first game back, but I will still be using him in over 50% of my lineups. I think his ownership will also be low. 

Titans/Colts game will be a shootout. I like both QBs along with Walker, TY, Davis, and Hilton. 

Anyone else stacking Paxton with D Thomas this week? 

I know Hunt hasn't been great for a while, but at his price he is hard not use based on his matchup.

You have heard it before, but this really is Julio's week. Right?

I am having trouble working in the killer B's this week and I am afraid I may regret it.

At $5400, I think Kupp and Davis are great  WR options this week  

I am struggling with cheap RB options this week, but I am considering Mixon, Burkhead, and McKissic. Any other options?

Which Defense?  Bengals, Patriots, Steelers, Eagles, Broncos?

Here's what I decided on for Turkey Day - I did a 2x LU with the guys I thought would be chalkier - Gordon, Perine, Thielen, Tate, Davis.  It's just in a $2 2x for now, but I will keep an eye open for anything that might not be filling up (doubt it, but will still look a few minutes before kickoff). 

Then in my 25 cent gpps I am fading those two and a couple others I think might be chalkier today like Dez.   I figure go bold or go home when dealing with 3 games and 190K entries.  So IF I think Gordon and Perine will be 60%+ owned, IMO that almost makes it so you have to go all or none with those guys if you are doing 10+ entries.  If those two do well, I should be able to do OK with my 2x.  

Here's what I decided on for Turkey Day - I did a 2x LU with the guys I thought would be chalkier - Gordon, Perine, Thielen, Tate, Davis.  It's just in a $2 2x for now, but I will keep an eye open for anything that might not be filling up (doubt it, but will still look a few minutes before kickoff). 

Then in my 25 cent gpps I am fading those two and a couple others I think might be chalkier today like Dez.   I figure go bold or go home when dealing with 3 games and 190K entries.  So IF I think Gordon and Perine will be 60%+ owned, IMO that almost makes it so you have to go all or none with those guys if you are doing 10+ entries.  If those two do well, I should be able to do OK with my 2x.  
Dez against the #1 graded cb in football who shadows. No thanks

I have no Dez or Allen or Jones or Diggs in the three lineups. I am also not using any RBs from the Minn/Det game. 

I have no Dez or Allen or Jones or Diggs in the three lineups. I am also not using any RBs from the Minn/Det game. 
The only players i used from the detroit/minn game were prater and minn def for the most part.  I put galloday and mackinnon in a couple of lineups. 

I have 30% Rudolph, and about 50% Jones, but 0% in the same LU. 

On to the Dallas game, good luck all who are playing today!

Sitting at 113.89 points for the Thursday slate; $1 GPP. Still have two players - Vernon Davis & a dart-throw as Thompson's replacement, Byron Marshall. Currently winning $2.50, so, at the least, hoping Davis will push me up a little bit. Anything Marshall gets will be a bonus.

Revising my Thurs-Mon GPP, running with the following: QB/ Flacco, RB/Ingram - Hunt, WR/A. Brown - Maclin - R. Lewis, TE/V. Davis, K/Rose, DEF/JAX

I said 12, but actually it's 11 lineups, all in the Fanduel bazillion dollar challenge, or whatever it's called.  One is a mirror of the team that is going to crush me in the FFPC playoffs, so for purposes of this, I have 10 lineups.

Here's my breakdown:

QB:

Tom Brady (4)

Cam Newton (4)

Marcus Mariota (2)

RB:

Kareem Hunt (6)

Mark Ingram (5)

Alvin Kamara (4)

JD McKissic (3)

Todd Gurley, Leveon Bell (1)

WR:

T.Y. Hilton (5)

Rishard Matthews (5)

Tyreek Hill (4)

Jarvis Landry, Corey Davis, Cooper Kupp, Demaryious Thomas, Devin Funchess (2)

Julio Jones, AJ Green, Emmanuel Sanders, Danny Amendola, Kenny Stills, Alshon Jeffery (1)

TE:

Delanie Walker (6)

Jimmy Graham (2)

Austin Hooper, Greg Olsen (1)

K:

Brandon McManus, Stephen Gostowski (3)

Greg Zuerlein, Cody Parkey, Harrison Butker, Giorgio Tavecchio (1)

D:

Pittsburgh (6)

Denver (2)

Cincinnati, (1)

New England (1)

------------------------------------------

I paid up at QB and RB, for the most part.  I avoided the priciest receivers, opting for more options in the 6k-mid7k range.  I think one of Matthews and Davis will go off.  I think both Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt are going to go absolutely ballistic against my Bills.  Start your Saints RBs until further notice.  I've got a ton of Delanie Walker exposure, and though I may pare that down a tiny bit, I expect a lot of scoring in the Indy/Tenn game, which is why I've got a lot of T.Y. Hilton on the fast track.  Oakland gives up the most points to kickers so I've got McManus a few times, Gostowski x 3 because he's Gostowski.  Pittsburgh or Cinci on defense are cheaper alternatives to Jax.  Denver is a cheaper alternative to Pittsburgh or Cinci.  I'm sure I'll tinker a bit more to see if any players with lower exposure make sense.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Yes, this could apply to my gpp plays, but is this also where we are with Hunt?  He hasn't hit 2x in 7 games, and hasn't had double digit points in the last 3 games, and it looks like he is right at the top for highest owned RB for the week the couple places that I saw.   I get not giving up completely, but it seems weird that he would still be higher owned than backs like Bell, Ingram, Gurley, and Kamara on the week.  I honestly don't know what to do with this.  

I am starting to feel the same way about Julio as well, and have seen people say that he will be higher owned than AB on the week.  

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Yes, this could apply to my gpp plays, but is this also where we are with Hunt?  He hasn't hit 2x in 7 games, and hasn't had double digit points in the last 3 games, and it looks like he is right at the top for highest owned RB for the week the couple places that I saw.   I get not giving up completely, but it seems weird that he would still be higher owned than backs like Bell, Ingram, Gurley, and Kamara on the week.  I honestly don't know what to do with this.  

I am starting to feel the same way about Julio as well, and have seen people say that he will be higher owned than AB on the week.  
Their price has gone way down as well so perfect for gpp-- lower priced but still with the same upside as the most expensive guys. Ill probably use both in the same lineup so they dont tank them all if I go with them.

Their price has gone way down as well so perfect for gpp-- lower priced but still with the same upside as the most expensive guys. Ill probably use both in the same lineup so they dont tank them all if I go with them.
Hunt has dropped for sure.  I get maybe Hunt vs. Bell at his price tag, but aren't the NO RBs only a couple hundred more and looking to be lower owned currently?  Like I said, I am not sure what to do here.  

I do like your idea of using them in the same LU.  

Users who are viewing this thread