What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: AThielen for ACooper?? (1 Viewer)

BearsFan4Life

Footballguy
14 Team Dynasty .. Standard Scoring .. No PPR .. Start (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, 1K, 1D/ST)

I am 3-8 due to bad luck (3rd highest scoring team, but had most points scored on me).

I have retooled my team looking ahead to next year, by making 17 trades this season.

Give:Thielen

Get: Cooper

I know Thielen is a monster right now, but do I move him for Amari Cooper? When Bridgewater takes over does some of the Thielen mojo go away?

My roster:

Watson, Luck, Trubisky

Bell, DJ, Freeman, Breida, McKissic

Hopkins, KAllen, Thielen, Hogan, Doctson, RShephard

Kelce, Ebron

Tucker, Elliot,

Denver, KC

Thanks.

Yeah I think I'd do that. Cooper has struggled with consistency, but he's got the better long term QB situation. It'll hurt you short term but you appear to already be out of it, and keep in mind Cook will be back next year and take away some targets from the WRs. Oakland has surprised me as one of, if not THE, disappointing teams of the year, but I have more faith in Cooper-Carr as a long term duo than I do in Keenum/Bridgewater-Thielen.

Thanks for the help on mine!

I think it is a very even trade but I would rather have Thielen.  I am not nearly as high on Cooper as most because I think he disappears and drops way to many passes.  Thielen has a role and that won't change.  This year is not a fluke.  It's probably near the top end of his expecations but I see him as a top 10-20 WR for the foreseeable future. 

Are there any other factors like draft penalty (losing a draft pick, salary cap value, length of able to keep)?  That could be a factor in making the decision as well.

All things being equal - I don't make the deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would stay put.

If you wanted to trade theilen for cooper, try and get more for it. Theilen has been a stud this year, and cooper only flashed in two games. Use this season to negotiate a higher selling price for theilen. If the seller is disappointed in cooper you might be able to get a too good to refuse deal including picks or additional players. 

I'm looking at your team and it looks like it will be a contender in 2018.  Unless you are upgrading your 2018 WR production, which is way too hard to gauge with Cooper's disappearance, I wouldn't trade Thielen away.  I like how you've remade this team but you have to get upgrades to trade away your starters and not seeing that with Cooper. 

Can't believe I am saying this......but I would pass.  Thielen passes the eye test.....he's good.  Really good.  With Case Keenum tossing him the rock.  No reason why Thielen can't be a solid WR2 for the next few years.  Thielen runs great routes, is faster than he appears, and he catches everything thrown his way.

Cooper is too inconsistent, drops too many passes and competes with Crabtree and others for targets.  It's really possible that Cooper isn't as good as we all thought he would be.

Users who are viewing this thread