What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Week 12*** Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

I guess I'm looking for lottery tickets.

I'm looking at guys like Derrick Henry, Crowder, Docston, Coleman, Alex Collins,  OJ Howard, Latavius Murray.

I'm looking at guys like Derrick Henry, Crowder, Docston, Coleman, Alex Collins,  OJ Howard, Latavius Murray.
You must be in a 10 team league with those guys available. It depends on your needs but Murray and Crowder have to be at the top of the list.

Tyrod Taylor may have been dropped and is a decent enough high QB2 and its time for the Paxton Lynch experiment to begin for those desperate. Booker, McKissic, Coleman, Westbook, Zay Jones.

Byron Marshall may be worth a roster spot until we see how Washington copes with the loss of Thompson.  Even if they claimed or sign a new RB, it's unlikely that guy would be better prepared than Marshall to play right away.

Mike Davis in Seattle looked the best a RB has looked since Carson got hurt.  Called up from the practice squad and then starting immediately is a very positive sign IMO.  Davis left last night with a groin injury, but supposedly vowed to be ready to face his former team on Sunday.

You must be in a 10 team league with those guys available. It depends on your needs but Murray and Crowder have to be at the top of the list.
12 team league - with only 4 bench spots.

Start Q-R-W-T-F-F-K-D

Leaning Murray or Henry.  Crowder would rarely hit my lineup unless injury or he starts to go off.

Washington passing matchups look rough I believe.

Deciding in ppr, need a tight end between Rudolph or Doyle. Leaning Rudolph 
In PPR I think Doyle gets more targets. 

Coleman is intriguing, I believe the Josh Gordon experiment was proven failed a few years ago and Coleman is going to be the guy to own on CLE going forward.

I'll second Zay Jones. KB and JMatt hurt. Defense that isn't stopping anyone right now. Going to be a lot of throwing going on in Buffalo. Zay could be getting double digit targets.

Not going to come back and play for the 6-8 packers. Thats IF they can beat cleveland. 
That's just not an objective view of things.

A non-homer would say the Packers could realistically win 2 of next 3 (CLE/TB), putting them at 7-6 after Wk 14.

If Rodgers is healthy at that point, Packers are going to start him with the mindset they can win 3 in a row.

Maybe they shut him down after they get mathematically eliminated after that IMO...but not before.

Coleman is intriguing, I believe the Josh Gordon experiment was proven failed a few years ago and Coleman is going to be the guy to own on CLE going forward.
I agree. A lot of folks are thinking that Gordon is just going to pick up where he left off, but in reality he wasn't very good pre-suspension. And now with a two-year layoff, I think he's going to disappoint.

Very intrigued by Mike Davis if his groin injury indeed doesn't keep him out, especially with a chip on his shoulder facing his old mates. I own McKissic, but he doesn't strike me as a guy that Carroll is going to give a ton of work to beyond passing situations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. A lot of folks are thinking that Gordon is just going to pick up where he left off, but in reality he wasn't very good pre-suspension. And now with a two-year layoff, I think he's going to disappoint.

Very intrigued by Mike Davis is his groin injury indeed doesn't keep him out, especially with a chip on his shoulder facing his old mates. I own McKissic, but he doesn't strike me as a guy that Carroll is going to give a ton of work to beyond passing situations.
Thinking about dropping Burkhead for him in standard. Fresh legs and motivation makes me intrigued as well..

That's just not an objective view of things.

A non-homer would say the Packers could realistically win 2 of next 3 (CLE/TB), putting them at 7-6 after Wk 14.

If Rodgers is healthy at that point, Packers are going to start him with the mindset they can win 3 in a row.

Maybe they shut him down after they get mathematically eliminated after that IMO...but not before.
Hes not going to be healthy at that point. Dr. Chao says 50/50 to be ready week 16. 

That means that they would have to beat Cleveland on the road & tampa at home (Both pick-ems probably) AND have to win either at Pittsburg or at Carolina to not be eliminated from playoff contention by week 16 cause no NFC team is making it at 9-7 this year. 

In PPR I think Doyle gets more targets. 

I agree with targets with Doyle, was just going with qb play as the deciding factor.

Agree with you about Coleman, had 11 targets against the jags and put up the second most receiving yards against the jags as well this year. Coleman is a stud.

Hes not going to be healthy at that point. Dr. Chao says 50/50 to be ready week 16. 

That means that they would have to beat Cleveland on the road & tampa at home (Both pick-ems probably) AND have to win either at Pittsburg or at Carolina to not be eliminated from playoff contention by week 16 cause no NFC team is making it at 9-7 this year. 
Do you have a link to this?

everything I’ve read has said possible week 15 return 

Show your work and we can have a conversation.

Rodgers is eligible to return Week 15.

He will have his first test of bone healing until six weeks after injury, about Wk 13. At this point doctors will determine whether he can resume throwing.

In most cases, bones will be about 80% healed. Bone won't heal 100% until several months later. That's what the plates are for.

But no one will know anything until after the first bone healing test is done so it is all speculation based on past recovery timetables until Wk 13.

I've got multiple sources, including an interview with your boy Chao, but unfortunately only time to post one...

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2017/11/04/dougherty-aaron-rodgers-recovery-outlook-brighter-than-packers-playoff-hopes/831823001/

Kenny Stills, Rishard Matthews, Zay Jones, Damien Williams, and McKissic are sitting out on my wire right now. I put in for stills and matthews to put on my bench 

Show your work and we can have a conversation.

Rodgers is eligible to return Week 15.

He will have his first test of bone healing until six weeks after injury, about Wk 13. At this point doctors will determine whether he can resume throwing.

In most cases, bones will be about 80% healed. Bone won't heal 100% until several months later. That's what the plates are for.

But no one will know anything until after the first bone healing test is done so it is all speculation based on past recovery timetables until Wk 13.

I've got multiple sources, including an interview with your boy Chao, but unfortunately only time to post one...

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2017/11/04/dougherty-aaron-rodgers-recovery-outlook-brighter-than-packers-playoff-hopes/831823001/
Wow I had no idea that Rodgers will play with two plates in his right collarbone until he retires from football.  Interesting read.

Deciding in ppr, need a tight end between Rudolph or Doyle. Leaning Rudolph 
Doyle is more of a focal point this season, and has a better playoff schedule. Dud game v. the Stillers but he’s had several productive weeks. Rudolph has topped 47 yards once all season.

Thinking of dropping Lynch, who will never start for me, to take a flier on Seals or Mays. Thoughts? Maybe drop Kearse instead. (Dynasty)

I put a claim in for Perine but doubt I get him.  Considering Booker as a fall back.  Non-ppr.  Seems like he is getting more opportunities and the schedule is favorable down the stretch.  I just don't know if I can trust that offense and who knows which RB Musgrave will want to primarily  use going forward. 

I put a claim in for Perine but doubt I get him.  Considering Booker as a fall back.  Non-ppr.  Seems like he is getting more opportunities and the schedule is favorable down the stretch.  I just don't know if I can trust that offense and who knows which RB Musgrave will want to primarily  use going forward. 
I think he'll use the best receiver out of the backfield. They need it now and he has a QB mind.

Apparently the beat writers think McDemott is gonna roll with Peterman at KC. Incredible.
is that a joke?
IKR? I can’t believe it. He refused to name a starter in his presser yesterday or radio show last night.

The Bills were 5-2 before these 3 blowout losses. I’d be livid if I were a Buffalo fan. They traded away their run D to the Jags & can’t stop anybody, and they bench their ultra conservative one-read QB for a 5th rounder who has no business being in the lineup.

Think I’m going to drop Martin for Perine - will make a good sized bid.

2nd move - I was able to swap Woods for Olsen on the IR, so will probably drop Witten. Trying to decide if I want Doctson - my RB2/WR3/Flex options are Collins, Mixon, Funchess, Parker, Smith-Schuster. Everyone is down on DP but I think he’ll still have Flex appeal in the playoffs.

Not a fan of L. Murray but on volume I’m considering adding him in a 3rd move, but don’t really want to drop Mixon, Parker, or Chargers (all reserves) to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread