What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Waiver Wire Thread **INFINITY EDITION* (1 Viewer)

tombonneau

Footballguy
So I love the redraft WW threads, but they aren't really applicable to dynasty. I thought it might be a good idea to start up an ongoing infinite thread (similar to the 2017 trade value thread which I find very useful) dedicated to potential waiver wire prospects on a weekly basis. 

Obviously all leagues are different so some players won't be relevant to everyone but hopefully we strike a balance useful to all.

To kick things off, guys I'm looking at for this week or near future;

• Chad Williams | Coach already said he'll be getting more snaps this week, plus one of the Browns is hurt. Now is the week to be pre-emptive on him. The Fitz re-signing takes a little of the immediate value here, but the team has been desperate for someone to assume a legit WR2 role, since, well, since Boldin?

• Davis Webb | Too soon to throw dirt on Eli? He looks halfway decent to my amateur eye. Probably a better offseason add but anyone unfortunate enough to own Eli should probably pick him up if they have the room

• Caleb Sturgis | Pipp might return now that his Gehrig is concussed. Would he keep the job for good?

• Mack Hollins | Probably on a lot of rosters already, but I added him (for the second time) last week. Word is Alshon might cost too much for Philly cap. He could have a shortcut to starting lineup in 2018. Very solid guy for developmental WR roster slot.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great time to look at IR guys and guys who are about to hit free agency (or their backups, like Hollins).

Carlos Henderson, Jeremy Hill, Joe Williams, Rico Gathers are a few guys that fit the bill and are on some of my WWs. 

This is a great time to look at IR guys and guys who are about to hit free agency (or their backups, like Hollins).

Carlos Henderson, Jeremy Hill, Joe Williams, Rico Gathers are a few guys that fit the bill and are on some of my WWs. 
Those guys are on dynasty waiver wires?

Good thread, though will be dependent on the depth of dynasty rosters obviously - in some leagues basically no one worth anything is on waivers. 

I'll repeat a couple of guys form the other thread that are more applicable to dynasty - DJ Foster with Andre Ellington released; and Josh Reynolds with Woods out (probably owned in most leagues but maybe dropped in shallow ones). TJ Logan as a pre-emptive pickup in Arizona as well. Maybe Switzer in Dallas if they decide to change things up a bit there. 

Mike Davis I still think is worth a pickup in Seattle. I've stashed Kendrick Bourne from SF in a few leagues too - might be something there. 

So I love the redraft WW threads, but they aren't really applicable to dynasty. I thought it might be a good idea to start up an ongoing infinite thread (similar to the 2017 trade value thread which I find very useful) dedicated to potential waiver wire prospects on a weekly basis. 

Obviously all leagues are different so some players won't be relevant to everyone but hopefully we strike a balance useful to all.

To kick things off, guys I'm looking at for this week or near future;

• Chad Williams | Coach already said he'll be getting more snaps this week, plus one of the Browns is hurt. Now is the week to be pre-emptive on him. The Fitz re-signing takes a little of the immediate value here, but the team has been desperate for someone to assume a legit WR2 role, since, well, since Boldin?

• Davis Webb | Too soon to throw dirt on Eli? He looks halfway decent to my amateur eye. Probably a better offseason add but anyone unfortunate enough to own Eli should probably pick him up if they have the room

• Caleb Sturgis | Pipp might return now that his Gehrig is concussed. Would he keep the job for good?

• Mack Hollins | Probably on a lot of rosters already, but I added him (for the second time) last week. Word is Alshon might cost too much for Philly cap. He could have a shortcut to starting lineup in 2018. Very solid guy for developmental WR roster slot.
To infinity and beyond? Edition?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thread, though will be dependent on the depth of dynasty rosters obviously - in some leagues basically no one worth anything is on waivers. 

I'll repeat a couple of guys form the other thread that are more applicable to dynasty - DJ Foster with Andre Ellington released; and Josh Reynolds with Woods out (probably owned in most leagues but maybe dropped in shallow ones). TJ Logan as a pre-emptive pickup in Arizona as well. Maybe Switzer in Dallas if they decide to change things up a bit there. 

Mike Davis I still think is worth a pickup in Seattle. I've stashed Kendrick Bourne from SF in a few leagues too - might be something there. 
:thumbup:

I have my doubts with bourne but for a free pickup, I took the chance last week.

Thanks for mentioning Chad Williams. I drafted him but was tempted to drop him having seen nothing yet. Patience is key in Dyno, so I'll hold. 

Keelan Cole has been involved, that might slide some with Dede getting more time but he's probably worth stashing in deep leagues.

Is DeAngelo Henderson worth keeping? He was included as a throw in part of a trade a couple weeks ago. (I wanted Taywan Taylor, needed to include some older guys, he included Henderson to balance the deal). Hasn't done squat but opportunity is there if he can improve. 

I'll repeat a couple of guys form the other thread that are more applicable to dynasty - DJ Foster with Andre Ellington released; and Josh Reynolds with Woods out (probably owned in most leagues but maybe dropped in shallotw ones). TJ Logan as a pre-emptive pickup in Arizona as well. Maybe Switzer in Dallas if they decide to change things up a bit there. 

Hmm. DJ Foster could be a shark play there. Good mention. They liked him in NE but obviously stacked their deck with RBs and he was expendable. I always thought he passed the eye test in preseason. 

:thumbup:

I have my doubts with bourne but for a free pickup, I took the chance last week.

Thanks for mentioning Chad Williams. I drafted him but was tempted to drop him having seen nothing yet. Patience is key in Dyno, so I'll hold. 

Keelan Cole has been involved, that might slide some with Dede getting more time but he's probably worth stashing in deep leagues.

Is DeAngelo Henderson worth keeping? He was included as a throw in part of a trade a couple weeks ago. (I wanted Taywan Taylor, needed to include some older guys, he included Henderson to balance the deal). Hasn't done squat but opportunity is there if he can improve. 
I drafted DeAngelo (one spot before JuJu, ugh) and cut him pretty early. Still sitting on waivers. Now might be a better time to add though with that team in freefall. They are entering Try Anything Mode.

I drafted DeAngelo (one spot before JuJu, ugh) and cut him pretty early. Still sitting on waivers. Now might be a better time to add though with that team in freefall. They are entering Try Anything Mode.
Really? Not Carlos.

DeAngelo was undrafted in my 16 team league, 7 rounds. Picked up on waivers after the first week. 

Really? Not Carlos.

DeAngelo was undrafted in my 16 team league, 7 rounds. Picked up on waivers after the first week. 
I drafted at peak DeAngelo hype. in preseason. Was kind of a panic pick. :(

Carlos actually has been on and off various teams IRs and back and forth to waiver. He is another one who might be out there and worth an add. I read somewhere that Elway was allegedly looking to move DThomas before the deadline so there could be a spotting start opening up in the lineup in 2018 if he gets his way in offseason.

I drafted at peak DeAngelo hype. in preseason. Was kind of a panic pick. :(

Carlos actually has been on and off various teams IRs and back and forth to waiver. He is another one who might be out there and worth an add. I read somewhere that Elway was allegedly looking to move DThomas before the deadline so there could be a spotting start opening up in the lineup in 2018 if he gets his way in offseason.
Probably makes a huge difference that we draft in May.

Any takes this week? Looks like I was a week early on Davis Webb call. Might see if I can find room to stash him in our QB-hungry league.

LAR WR Reynolds probably on some wires. He was grabbed last week in mine. I find it hard to get excited though with Woods, Watkins, Kupp ahead of him. Even if Watkins leaves you're talking WR3 in a Gurley-led offense.

Users who are viewing this thread