What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pickup Rodgers? Who to drop? (1 Viewer)

ryoung011

Footballguy
Looking at grabbing Rodgers.  He may not start for me (Goff and Ryan...maybe he could), but I don't want the other teams in the playoffs to get him, because they need a QB.

Who do I sacrifice (pick one please)? 1 PPR

Austin Ekeler

Derrick Henry

Sammy Watkins

Without knowing the rest of the roster it makes it hard to decide.  Obviously you are trying to hoard QB's otherwise I would say drop one of your QB's.  Do you have two TE's or two Defenses?  No need to have depth at those positions now that all the byes are done.  I would look at dropping one of those positions over the guys you have listed.  However, if you don't have any other options at other positions I would drop Watkins out of that group.  Eckler and Henry have huge upside if the starter gets hurt where I think Watkins is what he is......WR4 at best.

It depends on the rest of your team and your depth at different positions but out of those three I'd drop Henry first. Ekelar is looking pretty good even though I dont trust his usage and Watkins is on the upside with Woods missing time.

It depends on the rest of your team and your depth at different positions but out of those three I'd drop Henry first. Ekelar is looking pretty good even though I dont trust his usage and Watkins is on the upside with Woods missing time.
I am just wondering what have you seen that makes you think Watkins will benefit from Woods missing time?  Watkins is not targeted much and I don't see him taking Woods targets.  I think those will be picked up mostly by Kupp.  I mean Watkins can't be worse with Woods out but I really don't think that will give him much of a boost. 

I am just wondering what have you seen that makes you think Watkins will benefit from Woods missing time?  Watkins is not targeted much and I don't see him taking Woods targets.  I think those will be picked up mostly by Kupp.  I mean Watkins can't be worse with Woods out but I really don't think that will give him much of a boost. 
Anytime a teams top WR is out that pretty much automatically means more targets to all the other WR's. It doesn't mean that anyone is going to get all the targets but if a guy gets 2-4 more looks that bumps him up. Watkins is a hit or miss big play guy, but with a few extra targets he has some good upside. As we both said, it really should boil down to what the rest of this guys team looks like and if he should drop a RB or WR.

Users who are viewing this thread