What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just Awful RB2 Options--Pick One (1 Viewer)

BigBlue_RI

Footballguy
Thought I had some steals when I walked away from my draft Labor Day weekend, but reality had other ideas. Need to pick one from this awful crop of RB's to pair with Melvin Gordon in week 12:

Ameer Abdullah v MIN

Doug Martin v ATL

DeVontae Booker v OAK (leaning in this direction right now)

Anyone of these guys a better option over Amari Cooper v OAK in the Flex?

Yeah--it's not looking like a championship season.

I would go with Martin but maybe I am still just holding out hope that he is still good.  I don't have a problem with Booker vs the Raiders but I wouldn't do it. 

I’d roll with Booker, best matchup and most upside IMO.

Martin’s best YPC over the last 3 games is 2.5.  That’s just...eww

Booker unless we get some RB news out of Denver on how it will look with the new OC, but with a new QB I would expect Denver to be run heavy this week.

I'm a little surprised by the Booker love here. I think he's pretty clearly the worst option. He's in a 3-man RBBC, with a new OC, and a new QB. His floor is below sea level.

I'd go Martin myself. He's been awful, but 15+ touches are on lock, and he's had prior success against Atlanta.

I'd also go Abdullah over Cooper. Cooper has been awful other than one week, and Denver absolutely stone walls non elite WR's.

I'd go with Martin.  Abdullah has a tough matchup, and Booker, while having a good matchup, is part of a RBBC.

I'm not at all sold on Cooper this year - he drops too many passes.  Denver is also a tough matchup (although Dalton's 3 TDs against them gave me pause for thought).  I'd go with Abdullah over Cooper (assuming Martin is plugged in at RB), but my expectations wouldn't be very high.

Black Sulfur said:
I'd go with Martin.  Abdullah has a tough matchup, and Booker, while having a good matchup, is part of a RBBC.

I'm not at all sold on Cooper this year - he drops too many passes.  Denver is also a tough matchup (although Dalton's 3 TDs against them gave me pause for thought).  I'd go with Abdullah over Cooper (assuming Martin is plugged in at RB), but my expectations wouldn't be very high.
I'm not expecting a lot from all 3 backs or Cooper sadly. Coming down to who has the better punchers chance.

Here's an idea. I have Tyler Kroft as a backup TE--he a better flex over Cooper, Martin or Booker? AA is off the table since he played yesterday. Right call to sit him.

Users who are viewing this thread