What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How to talk to cute bus driver? (1 Viewer)

gbill2004

Footballguy
About a month ago my work hours changed so I started taking a different bus, 20 minutes earlier on the way home. When I first got on, I though “this is the best looking bus driver I’ve ever seen”. Then as the weeks go on I’m finding her more and more attractive. Problem is there’s no real opportunity to talk to her because several people are getting on at the same time, and she’s busy driving. 

I’m just looking to initiate a conversation and get to know her a bit better, without appearing awkward. Any suggestions?

Hire Dennis Hopper to plant a bomb on the bus and then tell the cute bus driver not to go below 50 mph.  You can then spend the next hour or so getting to know her.  It seemed to work for Keanu Reeves....

This probably isn't fair but I don't know I could get over the Bus Driver part...generally speaking this is not a demographic noted for quality options...

This probably isn't fair but I don't know I could get over the Bus Driver part...generally speaking this is not a demographic noted for quality options...
I know. But trust me on this. That’s why she really stood out to me. Not saying she’s “hot” but is very cute and gorgeous smile. I’m 38 and I’d say she’s similar age.

I know. But trust me on this. That’s why she really stood out to me. Not saying she’s “hot” but is very cute and gorgeous smile. I’m 38 and I’d say she’s similar age.
I don't do Public Transportation so what's the dynamic...what is the opportunity to talk with her...can't really suggest anything without knowing the logistics of what your options are as far as starting a conversation...

Start by just getting her attention for a second.  Lean in with a smile for a "good afternoon" or a "hi, there!"  or a "how are you today?" and eventually a "nice to see you!"  See how she responds.  If you seem to get some reaction, let the eye contact and smile linger for a moment.  And what about leaving the bus?  Can't you pull the cord (not that cord) and then stand up front a little earlier than necessary and ask a polite question or two as you wait for your stop?  "How's your day been?"  or whatever.  Drop a few hints about your life so she can get a measure of you.  Use some "I" references to establish that your single.  If something seems to be building, give an occasional quick, light touch of her arm as you arrive or leave.  

Or for immediate reaction, reach into your pocket for your bus pass and say "excuse me while I whip this out."  

(Sit up front and LOUDLY but slowly, maybe even intimately)

Thhhhhhhhe, wheels on the bus go round and round.

Round and round.

Round and round.

(Run to the back of the bus and act scared.)

Start by just getting her attention for a second.  Lean in with a smile for a "good afternoon" or a "hi, there!"  or a "how are you today?" and eventually a "nice to see you!"  See how she responds.  If you seem to get some reaction, let the eye contact and smile linger for a moment.  And what about leaving the bus?  Can't you pull the cord (not that cord) and then stand up front a little earlier than necessary and ask a polite question or two as you wait for your stop?  "How's your day been?"  or whatever.  Drop a few hints about your life so she can get a measure of you.  Use some "I" references to establish that your single.  If something seems to be building, give an occasional quick, light touch of her arm as you arrive or leave.  

Or for immediate reaction, reach into your pocket for your bus pass and say "excuse me while I whip this out."  
This is some good advice here. I think I’ll start with asking her a work related question about a route or transfer; the e-card is new so legit questions. And I’ll see how it goes from there. 

I guess Wednesday can qualify for a "Friday thread" if it's the day before Thanksgiving.

Keep us posted...this has the makings of the best FFA story since RnR jumped the shark!

You'd be amazed how much you can find on the internet just knowing her name and job.  Once you figure out her address, just show up with flowers.

Most of the above are jokes...to be expected. Some well intentioned but hopeless advice in there 

You cant talk to her when she’s driving. There are a few reasons for that, but let’s start with that as an assumption 

so then, when is she not driving? When she is stopped letting people on and off the bus, yes? That gives you two opportunities to interact, getting on and getting off. So let’s examine those. Which one do you have her attention? If you answered getting on, you’re doing well. This is for an obvious reason - she is responsible for monitoring those getting on, ie making sure they pay. Other than safety she has no responsibility for those getting off. 

So now we are narrowed to getting on the bus. You need more of an interaction than the three second window you have to swipe your card. Here’s what you do. Don’t take the bus for a week. Figure something else out. The next Monday, you get on the bus. Dress nicely. Be the last in line. Have a coffee in one or those cool stainless vacuum thermoses like a Zojirushi. Your card is not where it normally is, you’re now checking all of your pockets, ask her if she doesn’t mind holding your coffee for a moment, and finally you find it. Apologize, let her know you spent the last week traveling to Nepal or some damn place and just got back last night, and leave it with “I owe you one”, be sure you got good eye contact on that exchange. 

When you get off, give her a “thanks again” but don’t linger on it. 

Bext day, again get on last (make that a habit). Have the card out right away, something like “no need to fear, I came well prepared today...” should be delivered with a little theater and a big smile. Now this is a key point. If you get a big smile back here, you are exactly where I intend you to be. Anything else (no smile or halfhearted / forced smile) and something went wrong. But if you have followed my words and delivered them convincingly, and don’t look like a gargoyle, you should get that smile back. 

If you got that smile, pen a note while on the bus. Nothing lengthy, something like “hey, I told you I owed you one for helping me out yesterday. I would love to take you out for a drink and some conversation. Talk soon”

and your first name and phone number. Give her the note deliberately when exiting, with another smile. 

Last point, at some point (and it could be after three months of dating) it won’t work out, so be sure you don’t depend on this bus route for your commute. 

Most of the above are jokes...to be expected. Some well intentioned but hopeless advice in there 

You cant talk to her when she’s driving. There are a few reasons for that, but let’s start with that as an assumption 

so then, when is she not driving? When she is stopped letting people on and off the bus, yes? That gives you two opportunities to interact, getting on and getting off. So let’s examine those. Which one do you have her attention? If you answered getting on, you’re doing well. This is for an obvious reason - she is responsible for monitoring those getting on, ie making sure they pay. Other than safety she has no responsibility for those getting off. 

So now we are narrowed to getting on the bus. You need more of an interaction than the three second window you have to swipe your card. Here’s what you do. Don’t take the bus for a week. Figure something else out. The next Monday, you get on the bus. Dress nicely. Be the last in line. Have a coffee in one or those cool stainless vacuum thermoses like a Zojirushi. Your card is not where it normally is, you’re now checking all of your pockets, ask her if she doesn’t mind holding your coffee for a moment, and finally you find it. Apologize, let her know you spent the last week traveling to Nepal or some damn place and just got back last night, and leave it with “I owe you one”, be sure you got good eye contact on that exchange. 

Bext day, again get on last (make that a habit). Have the card out right away, something like “no need to fear, I came well prepared today...” should be delivered with a little theater and a big smile. Now this is a key point. If you get a big smile back here, you are exactly where I intend you to be. Anything else (no smile or halfhearted / forced smile) and something went wrong. But if you have followed my words and delivered them convincingly, and don’t look like a gargoyle, you should get that smile back. 

If you got that smile, pen a note while on the bus. Nothing lengthy, something like “hey, I told you I owed you one for helping me out yesterday. I would love to take you out for a drink and some conversation. Talk soon”

and your first name and phone number. Give her the note deliberately when exiting, with another smile. 

Last point, at some point (and it could be after three months of dating) it won’t work out, so be sure you don’t depend on this bus route for your commute. 
This isn’t bad. I may modify it a bit but it could work. I’m actually going to Mexico for 2 weeks in a little over a week. I could fake the missing card then when I return. I’ll have a nice tan too. 

Couldn't go wrong. Let's do this on Facebook Live.

The broad is in her 30s and a bus driver, toss her a $20 and ask her if she wants to ####.
Don’t let the bus driver throw you off. She’s very attractive. Beautiful smile too. I’m a sucker for those beautiful genuine smiles from chicks. 

I've found that showing interest in a woman's profession is usually a great icebreaker. 

That said, tell her you'd like to inspect her tailpipe. 

This is some good advice here. I think I’ll start with asking her a work related question about a route or transfer; the e-card is new so legit questions. And I’ll see how it goes from there. 
Yeah, just find the most natural reason that you could to talk with her. See how a conversation and a smile lands. It likely goes nowhere since you are a stranger on a bus and most people aren't looking to make friends yet alone lovers of people riding the bus with them, but it's certainly worth the time to ask her a question or 2 about the e-card. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This is actually a tough one since she's fully engaged in work when you see her.

She's probably not going to be open at all to being hit on or even chatted up while she's working.

But... I like wilked's plan a lot.

The only thing I'd tweak is don't hit her with the note too fast - build up at least a week or two of daily smiles and getting her to recognize and remember you first so asking her out seems a bit more natural.

One other suggestion to help her remember you, and it's a bit cheesy and romantic I admit, but just before boarding the bus each time, stuff a sock in your crotch.

I just don't know what to do with all these damn Nepalese coins!

She’s probably just as opposed to dating a dude who rides the bus as most FBG’s are to dating a bus driver.

keep hitting the yellow strip thingy at every stop - tell her you're doing it to make the ride longer in order to enjoy her company more  :drive:

About a month ago my work hours changed so I started taking a different bus, 20 minutes earlier on the way home. When I first got on, I though “this is the best looking bus driver I’ve ever seen”. Then as the weeks go on I’m finding her more and more attractive. Problem is there’s no real opportunity to talk to her because several people are getting on at the same time, and she’s busy driving. 

I’m just looking to initiate a conversation and get to know her a bit better, without appearing awkward. Any suggestions?
For starters get a car 

James Daulton said:
Walk up the steps, drop in the money, and your pants myseriously fall down.

She'll get the message. 
And say "Do you go to this stop rightcheer"? yea I know, but it sure works for people in Hollywood.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread