What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Minnesota at Detroit (1 Viewer)

Detroit has won three straight, three straight (& 5 of 7) against Minnesota, and four straight on Thanksgiving. Matthew Stafford is heating up. Minnesota has an excellent D, and they're rushing the ball so well. The Lions run defense is pathetic. Stafford is going to keep things interesting, but it’s hard to see how Detroit's defense will get off the field enough to win this game. But since the 2015 debacle in London, this team has often surprised me.

This is the biggest Turkey Day game in the Caldwell era. The Lions divisional title hopes rest on this game & nobody thinks they’ll win a road playoff game - hasn’t happened in 60 years.

Keenum has been solid but he gets a little overconfident at times. Stafford consistently makes throws that are jaw dropping, rifling passes into tight windows. Turnovers will be critical to setting up short fields.

Detroit 23, Minnesota 20

Down 7 with 1:50 left, Thielen fumbles the ball at the Detroit 45, punched out by Grover Quinn and recovered by Detroit. Lions win 14-7.

Tie game with 36 seconds left. Vikings have a 3rd and 7 from their own 25. Slay picks off Bradford. Prater hits a FG as time expires. Lions win 16-13.

Down 3, with 17 seconds and no timeouts, Stafford takes the ball from his own 33 and gets it into field goal range. Prater makes a 58 yard FG as regulation expires. In overtime, Golden Tate leaps and flips into the endzone like a ninja. Lions win 22-16.

Let's make it 4 in a row

As long as the Vikings do not turn the ball over a lot I think they win this game.

The Lions have had their number recently though so its certainly not a given. It is a lot harder to beat the Lions in Detroit, and they win on Thanksgiving a lot.

All of the games recently have been low scoring and very close until the end of the game. The Vikings have much better offensive line play than they have had in recent failures however, so I think the offense will be able to move the ball more consistently than they could last year. 3 turnovers in the game against the Lions earlier this year was the main reason the Vikings lost.

Vikings 26 Lions 17.

If the Lions win today, five straight would be their second longest Thanksgiving Day win streak. They won six straight 1950-56.

Matthew Stafford needs 120 to pass Romo for most passing yards on Thanksgiving.

Romo also holds the record for most TDs with 18; Stafford is at 14.

Vikings are reallly really good right now. I think they will emerge with a 23-17 win and the division title. Lions are slightly overmatched but should still be in line for a WC slot. 

I really want the Lions to win but it's not going to happen today.

Keenum continues to show that the job is his, Vikings win by at least 10. 

Is ansah playing? just saw he is playing, should help some of he's at full strength but it won't be enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today is the beginning of Stafford's march to the MVP. He almost single handedly leads them to victory and then plays at a Rodgers-ian level the rest of the season to lead them to a division title. And the MVP.

Today is the beginning of Stafford's march to the MVP. He almost single handedly leads them to victory and then plays at a Rodgers-ian level the rest of the season to lead them to a division title. And the MVP.
Mr. Wentz may let Mathew hold it and perhaps the privilege of polishing it for a minute or two.

Any idea/feel on how Tate will do against the Vikes today? Not impressed with his last outing, with Galladay, M. Jones, T.J. Jones there are a lot of mouths to feed...

I’ve got way too many players in this game in both leagues - and it’s the one game I’ll be able to watch in its entirety today. 

So, either a morning of  :pickle: or a morning of  :sadbanana: .

Any idea/feel on how Tate will do against the Vikes today? Not impressed with his last outing, with Galladay, M. Jones, T.J. Jones there are a lot of mouths to feed...
He’s been playing hurt since week 6, which limited his snap counts. Trending up (this is off memory, check SSNDs sheets), something like 56-60-69 percent then 76% versus the Bears. He had 85 or more yards Weeks 6, 8-10, the only WR to post 85+ in four straight games the last two seasons. 4 targets and 3 catches last week were season lows. Despite the increased snaps he was 4th in targets last weeks - MJJ -7, Ebron - 7, TJJ - 5. Golladay hasn’t been playing very many snaps but has caught deep balls in consecutive weeks.

I don’t think he’s been limited in practice, no reason to think he’s making his shoulder worse by playing, but Detroit [never] reveals any injury info so it’s a guessing game.

IDK, he’s been a focal point 8 out of 10 weeks. Marvin has had some good games, but personally I don’t think there’s any rational reason to not roll with him. There are a lot of mouths, but it’s a good sized pie.

ETA: also, Jones will draw Rhodes, and they’ll be avoiding that matchup 

The Vikings coverage likes to push receivers to the outside and use the sideline.

There are some vulnerabilities to routes run over the middle which is one of Tates strengths. This is especially true if Stafford can find receivers over the middle when Barr and/or Kendricks blitz.

Harrison Smith is someone that they need to account for when doing this, but I would expect Tate to be the Lions best option in the passing game.

Commercials between plays now? 

I’m more than a little sick of the oversaturation at this point. That’s going too damn far. 

Diggs had to fight for that conversion, but not a good start for the Lions D, especially on 3rd downs.

Too easy. Lions planning to sleepwalk through the 1st quarter again, it seems. Don't worry, once they're down two scores, they might wake up!

If the Lions don’t sustain a long drive here the game is over. Lions D is too thin to stay on the field all day. 

ETA- and there it is

Users who are viewing this thread