What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB start for friend pick one please . (1 Viewer)

The Fantasy Chef

Footballguy
Okay my buddy asked me if he should start Drew Brees or big Ben this weekend. He wants to beat his boss. It's easy for me to say start Big Ben but I wanted to see what the rest of the crowd thinks . Should he roll with Drew Brees and his Hall of Fame career track record or do you roll with a Big  Ben going against the a bad defense at home who just lit it up last week. Also does shuster's injury affect Big Ben's numbers at all?

Plain and simple who does he  roll with?

Simple response: Brees. Higher floor, same  ceiling lower variability and risk. GB given up 3 QB1 games this year. LAR 2 QB1 games. 

Well, since he is my only QB I am biased towards Brees.  

OTOH Ben always plays lots better in PIT.  And GB isn't exactly a league leader in defense.  

I think both are top 10 picks this week.  Coin toss for me.

Big Ben. Brees is not an elite fantasy QB this year, he's just a guy. His NFL performance is still probowl level, and if the Saints needed him to throw for 400 yards and 4 TD's, I bet he still could, but they simply haven't needed it. 

Users who are viewing this thread