What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you pronounce ‘aunt’? (1 Viewer)

Aunt

• Like the bug

Votes: 121 85.2%
  • Like the sound in awe

Votes: 21 14.8%

• Total voters
If you pull in Chet or Otis dollars you need to use the sound in 'awe' - and you better bring some high class ####in' snobbery to complete the pronunciation.

For everyone else it's the bug.

Depends where you’re from. If you’re from where I’m from, you say Ant. If you’re from somewhere else that says it differently, it’ll sound different. 

Dunno if it’s a regional thing, but my mom was born in NY and taught me to say it the second way. Nobody here in KS pronounces it that way though, and I would get strange looks every time I said it. That got old pretty fast so I just started saying it the first way.

Grew up in CT and always pronounced it awnt, then realized most people say ant and that sounds less fruity and pretentious, so I made the switch.

Personal experience in upstate NY - whites say 'Ant' , blacks say 'Awnt'. Lived on Long Island & never heard 'Awnt'. Also had cousins in NC who used 'Ant'. On TV, that I have seen, it seems most blacks/African Americans prefer 'Awnt'

Users who are viewing this thread